Karazhan Chess Bug

I’m farming Karazhan for King’s Defender and it’s happened probably 3 times now. I get to the chess event, I beat it, it saves me to the instance, I leave Blackhand’s control to go get the loot and the chest doesn’t open. No cog option. And all the players respawn and I’m unable to beat it again.

7 Likes

This happened to me too. Been farming for Fiend Slayer Boots for months now and now ive been locked for the week with no interaction from the chest. It did happen with another character later as well. I reported the bug and tried opening a ticket since missing the chance for this week would be bad but had no success.

Is this a fairly new bug? This was my first time having it happen and I can’t seem to find a solution anywhere!

1 Like

This has happened to me three times. On the most recent attempt, I had disabled all addons before starting the event and still was not able to loot the chest after winning.

Another issue I noticed with addons “enabled” is that after I killed Curator and looted a pair of gloves, when I ctrl-clicked on the gloves, the dressing room did not open. After repeated attempts, I disabled all addons and reload ui, then the ctrl-click on the gloves immediately opened the dressing room.

1 Like

Was running Kara with a friend earlier tonight and we ran into this bug as well, it also gave us a notification as if we were entering an in progress version of the raid when it was a fresh run.

1 Like

I have gotten the “10/11” in progress notification after winning the chess event even before the recent 8.2 patch, but the chest was lootable. Only since patch 8.2 has the chest been unlootable. The in progress notification, while weird, is not directly related to the “unlootable” problem.

1 Like

It had been a while since I last ran Kara so the in progress notification was new to me.

Anyone confirmed if it’s for sure unlootable? I’ve tired once and the same issue as stated above.

Still broken… Great

I can confirm that the chest is unlootable for me either, after three weeks trying.

Same problem for me. third week now. Has anyone been tried to be outside the control of a piece (like just standing in the room) when the opposing king dies? does it behave differently? I may try that next attempt. My thinking was that the event needed to see a player not controlling a piece to “think” that you are in the instance.

I have also done it in the past week or so and had this happen. I think it has something to do with being saved to the instance that it doesn’t consider your player having been there for the encounter. But I think every run I’ve done for the past couple of years have done the: “You are joining a raid that has 9/11 bosses done, are you sure you want to join?” message but used to give me loot. So really not sure but clearly needs to be fixed.

Same thing has happened to me. I get the “In Progress” box to pop up and the chest wont open to give loot, and the fight resets with no possibility of completing it. It happened on 3 different characters, across resets. And once I had a friend with me.

This also just happened to my on Lord Ryolith in Firelands too. I killed him, got the In Progress box, and no loot.

I have failed to loot Kara chess event 3 weeks in a row now. Submitted 2 bug reports in-game but no response yet.

1 Like

the entire encounter needs to be overhauled and made to scale to player damage

Just happened to me today… I played myself just to see if it would open then. nope. no postmaster mail either.

Last 2 weeks same thing has happened to me. Can’t loot and says I’m joking a raid with x/x bosses dead. Annoying…

Sure would be great if literally anyone from Blizz would comment on this months-old bug. 4 runs in a row that I haven’t been able to loot the chess after winning.

1 Like

That doesn’t happen in Bug Reports. You report bug, QA forwards bug report to devs, devs eventually fix bug. End of story.

Blizzard generally doesn’t comment on bug reports anyway. It would be hard to do so without giving the unintended and mistaken impression that they feel obligated to fix it.

1 Like

Try this solution https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lj7hw0zBTA

1 Like