Kalimdor Cup Updates

Hey folks! We’ve made some changes to the availability of the Kalimdor Cup. Players level 30 and above will now have access to the races, intro quest, and rewards vendor. This availability now extends to players that don’t own Dragonflight or have not yet learned dragonriding.

We’ve also added Lord Andestrasz and crew to Stormwind and Orgrimmar for convenience. In Stormwind, they can be found on top of the northwestern tunnel out of the Trade District. In Orgrimmar, they are located by the northern zeppelin tower.

Happy flying!

24 Likes

Thanks bud.

Do non-DF owners get Dragonriding sans all Glyphs, or does the Race give them max Glyphs for the event?

This is very great news for those who do not have DF!

1 Like

Are you the guy memeing in the twink discords with the Exiles Reach “screenshots”?
Your green Dracthyr rang bells, but all Dracthyr kinda look the same so maybe not.

Non Dragonflight owners will not have any Glyphs unlocked or applied.

Will they at least get a warning to not even bother trying the advanced and reverse races?

1 Like

So effectively this caps them to normal-level races, but if you intend this as a sort of preview then I guess that makes sense.

2 Likes

They will probably figure that out when they’re getting Bronze and Silver on the normal races.

That’s what it looks like to me. It sounds like they’ll still be able to farm out rewards if they want though as well (especially with alts). I see this as a net positive from both sides. Non-DFers get a preview + the opportunity to get rewards. That’s pretty cool in my view.

1 Like

They should have base glyphs, i mean why even bother then… all this will do is frustrate non Dragon Flight owners and push them farther from buying it.

Instead you should give them the full meal deal so they can see what its like and then they just might actually be enticed to buy something ething “exciting”

Its only active for like another few days…

2 Likes

I challenge you to remove all your glyphs then try it…

Not fun.

2 Likes

Why? I earned them.

A “preview” option is not a bad thing at all. People who don’t have DF will be able to play with Dragonriding now. How is that a bad thing? Your message comes off as if people who don’t have DF should have all of the DF benefits.

This is awesome! I have a character frozen at lv30, twinked for the Herald of the Titans achievement and now she can do this too! :smiley: I love dragon zoomies! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Like i said, remove your glyphs and give it a try, (the 3 races for the quest).

Now imagine you’ve never flown before and this is the experience… not fun.

My message comes off as how I wrote it.

Let people see what its like fully unlocked… for a whole week… so they will want to get that.

Just saying if i had not bought DF yet and was playing, the frustration of no glyphs at all would be enough to make me not buy it.

Just my opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

3 Likes

You don’t get the glyphs just for having DF purchased, you have to go get them… by Dragonriding.

That’s not the point they’re making. The point they’re making is that these being available to people who do not have DF will probably just end up frustrated because they’re impossible to time without max glyphs.

Plus, it’s not as if this gives you a tutorial as to how it works like DF questing does. So it will probably not be very intuitive until several tries for someone who has no experience with it whatsoever and is used to old flying.

4 Likes

it’s a teaser, you try and see if you have fun with DR starting out, if you do and get convinced to go purchase DF and then you can unlock the Glyphs as well as DR around the Isles.

People who get mad they can’t 100% the new expansion feature cause they haven’t bought the new expansion are probably not what this is aimed at.

You don’t have the extra abilities unlocked, you go up and go faster. Practice flying is not this horrible thing you think it is.

In the same post you’re suggesting they should add 100% upgrades unlocked, while also saying the bare minimum is too complicated for this.

This is practice, a teaser, the point is to get people interested.

And the point is without glyphs, dragonflying feels legitimately awful.

3 Likes

again, you don’t get the glyphs for just having DF, you have to go collect them all when you get high enough level to go to Dragon Isles.

Thank you. Because this was my thought, as well, when I read the blue posts. Like… what’s even the point? Make people hate dragonriding before they even get it?

Except there is no practice to be had to learn it.

Only during the races.

2 Likes

If they’re gonna hate it from the preview what do you think they’re gonna do when they get to the Dragon Isles and… they have the same set up?

??? How is doing the races not practicing?

Or they can decide they want to use the stuff in the new expansion and purchase it and go get the glyphs.