Kalecgos is annoying

If they don’t make it really obvious, fans complain that they’re confused.

Seen it for years here on the forums lol.

We don’t have access to stuff like internal monologues. So some games kinda have to be a teensy bit more obvious.

5 Likes

Wording is everything.

Nearly the entire Flight was wiped out and the only time they came together was to make him Aspect… then they all left again. He had lost it all. That’s part of his past, his personality: to have back what was taken and stripped away from the Flight.

3 Likes

Well, some people should just be left behind then. If we keep lowering the bar no one has any reason or room to grow.

1 Like

That’s a you issue fam

1 Like

Family is the expansion’s theme, though. That means that the word family is written in whip cream on every pie they mash into our faces

1 Like

With enough care and pride in one’s work, it is entirely possible to tell complex stories and “digest them” in a way to make it more approachable.

But from my understanding, it’s not the characters writing that makes Dragonflight fall short, id say that’s more of a symptom.

My honest take is that Dragonflight has two weaknesses.

• A lack of direction or focus. Iridikron should be emphasized more strongly throughout bthe campaign, but they’re more of a B-plot kinda thing. I think this is the reason why Dragonflight’s “A-plot” is about the family, reuniting the aspects, etc. which lead to an underwhelming ending imo

• The cutscenes themselves. WoW has always had a clunky way of doing their cutscenes and while Terren Gregory does a fantastic job at the actual nuts and bolts or a cutscene - the cinematography, choreography, facial expressions, and overall framing, it seems apparent that the cinematics team, voice team, and the story team are not talking to each other.

Seriously, this game has some of the best voice acting performances on the planet, objectively, but it’s being undersold over logistical issues.

It’s one of the reasons why im obsessively both looking forward to, while simultaneously being nervous about, a more narrative focuses experience in TWW. Because unless the departments are more collaborative and flexible, Metzen can tell a great story but then we will still get more of what we have now.

1 Like

Exacty how is this being “mashed into our faces”? It’s obvious when you have completed a group of quests, you usually get an achievement. You don’t have to watch cut scenes and if stuff is in the text bothers you, don’t read it.

Just grab the next quest and move on.

It isn’t even that long of a questline either compared to the other aspects, that all had some form of variant to the “family” theme.

Between Sabellian and Wrathion bickering like spoiled brats on who gets to be the pant wearing boss and Ebyssian Charlie Brown moping about sighing over and over again wanting the Black Aspect to connect more like a family was vastly more insufferable in my opinion compared to Kalecgos’ wanting a deeper connection with his flight.

I can’t think of a dragon I like. Maybe Deathwing. Maybe. I don’t like the Spine fight in Dragonsoul so prob not even him.

We could have Kalecgos talk about Azeroth’s woons! (wounds)

Maybe this is why Jaina left him :thinking:

1 Like

if your looking for good writing…lets be honest warcraft has always been the most trope heavy game out there in terms of writing. I really doubt that’s ever gonna change.

yeah but that would require blizzard paying good money for good writers and we cant have that.

1 Like

Both are completely insufferable.

3 Likes

Kalecgos: Vin Diesel if he was a dragon Aspect

1 Like

idk kalecgos doesnt seem that bad compared to say…tyrande in legion. WHERE ARE YOU MY MALFURION?

2 Likes

I’m sure this is why the writing team has had huge shakes up for the next 3 xpacks :slight_smile:

1 Like

You had me at soup.

3 Likes

is stupid all Dragonflight lore, IDK… IDK Blizzard If they really wanted to do something original, or reference the stupidest movies? WT… Kalegos is Toretto, as if the death of his beloved Anveena wasn’t enough.

Come on Blizzard Warhammer 40K is receiving a bombing because now it is imitating how you in video game lore will always be war and its title WAR only becomes a bait, worse for Warhammer 40K where its universe was not very peaceful so to speak.

1 Like

Don’t talk about my husband like that :angry:

kalecgos is a stinky face.