Kaldroei possible home?

So now that the Kaldorei have no major city anymore. Is there any reason the Highborne that joined the Kaldorei again. Not just show them Eldre’Thalas (Dire Maul) to be their major city. Clearly it can be defended, and has plenty of areas around it for each group, and being nearby Feathermoon Stronghold it’s one of their more protected areas and a Dream Gateway near it. Just go in slap around some Ogres and Satyrs, Druids do their thing on the plants. And boom a new home city. And leave one of the Bronze Dragonflight people around in Feralas to be able to go into Dire Maul if needed.

1 Like

There are many possibilities actually: Hyjal, Feralas, Moonglade, a restored Teldrassil and many others that Blizzard isn’t willing to do because they only destroy things, never build them back up.

Lore wise, from what we know, Hyjal seems the most likely option.

15 Likes

But where could they fit a city in there? I do agree the Dev’s would prob go with something more akin to those. But the groundwork for a city is already done, just not being used.

Hyjal is the best option. It’s for enemies hard to get to and it is bordered by the rest of their lands. The can easily hold Ashenvale from there. They could use portals and creat a base on the Zoram Stand to quickly send reinforcements if needed. It’s a lot closer than Teldrassil.

The Salfurion Spire location could be reclaimed and used or the area right under the roots of Nordrasill. I forget the name but it’s the next area after the well and before you get to Wolf’s Run. It’s a large area.

8 Likes

I’ve similar opinions about Stratholme for the Forsaken.

That would be a cool idea and honestly I don’t know who’s going to be terribly offended by losing two dungeons that haven’t been relevant in 15 years.

But I also doubt that’s going to happen anytime soon. My worry is the Nelves and Forsaken are going to get some flavor dialogue, probably in off screen supplemental material, that says “The refugees went to Hyjal/Plaguelands and they’re all happy and fine now. This will never be represented in game in any tangible way”.

19 Likes

Either hyjal or a restored felwood are my picks.

if was for me everyone should rebuild, even the forsakens.
if we can leave this expansion behind and close open wounds. and of course if we don’t have to deal with this crap of faction war ever again.

Apart from that, a revampted nelf city would be fantastic.

6 Likes

they are all happy now with their families and friends dead :sweat_smile:

I think it would be cool though if the forsaken got stratholme and made that unavailable for the Alliance while the Night Elves got Hyjal and made that unavailable for the Horde. And no catapults that can fire from Orgrimmar to Nordrassil this time…

10 Likes

It’d be cool to see those areas change to Friendly/ Hostile territory but I do get that’d take some reworking of Cata content. Which Blizz is very sporadic about. Seriously how strange is it that outside Darkshore which kinda had to be changed, only Arathi got updated?

There’s a lot of plot points just twisting in the wind from Cata. I still can’t believe there wasn’t a Silverpine / Gilneas warfront. There’s tons of mission table quests alluding to some terribly exciting sounding stuff around Shadowfang Keep, Greymane’s Wall and Lordamere Lake but it’s all offscreen. I’m starting to wonder if the story director just got it backwards and legitimately thinks the rule is “tell don’t show”.

5 Likes

I bet there were more warfronts planned but they scrapped them because almost nobody liked them

6 Likes

I really thought it was bizarre they never added a PvP version to the content that was specifically about the Horde and Alliance in a warzone.

But I wanted them to sit down and figure out what the hell they were trying to do with Warfronts not give up. The one thing I really liked about Darkshore is that it was visually interesting to see the Forsaken and Kaldorei fight because their power sets are so different.

I was looking for more odd couple warfronts. Perhaps the Gnomes fighting the Tauren - the ultimate brain & tech VS brawn & nature fight. Or maybe one with allied races like the Mag’Har fighting the Velves - how might those very different armies bounce off eachother?

But like everything else in BFA they were conceptually interesting ideas that were abandoned on the wayside as the game dashed madly to set up Shadowlands.

1 Like

They where abandoned cause the players hated them

Could you imagine if there had been a Lightforged v Mag’har Warfront? It would have been absolute carnage on both sides.

A Houjin/Tushui Warfront would have been an interesting take as well.

6 Likes

Their home is Hyjal, and they have no reason not to rebuild there. Plus it has the bonus of being the one place that if Night Elves lose they might as well not exist anymore anyway.

1 Like

There’s moonglade which is was the old capital before teld

1 Like

Hyjal or Eldre’Thalas are my picks for their new seat of power. Both are great options imo. Eldre’Thalas would be nice if only to make the Highborne magi relevant going forward.

One thing I’ve always hated about the Kalimdor Alliance is the positioning of their captiols. Both Exodar and Darnassus were on islands off the coast making their power feel weak on the continent whereas both Silvermoon and Undercity are on the mainland of the EK. The closest “mainland” Kalimdor bases the Alliance had were Feathermoon Stronghold and Theramore.

1 Like

What did Night Elves use for a ‘main city’ before Darnassus?

Old lore said Moonglade, but who knows if that’s canon at this point.

Per sundering it was Zin’Azshari and Eldre’Thalas was a major city. Both of those where back with Highborne after the Sundering it was Moonglade.

Nighthaven. They all live in or near Moonglade. Old lore says that the zone was in perpetual moonlight.

3 Likes

Once more I must profess how dismayed I’d be if Hyjal went fully under Alliance control and the Horde and Horde druids could no longer visit it. Same goes for Moonglade.

Hyjal is the World Tree. It is something that all of Azeroth has banded together to protect on multiple occasions because its safety is of the highest concern for all of us. Telling the Horde they can no longer visit a place many of their friends and family have fought and died defending, and that many of their druids have dedicated their entire lives to safeguarding, would be a Hell of a slap in the face.

Maybe I’m one of the only Horde posters who cares about that, though.

I dunno what Blizzard intends to do with the Night Elves and Forsaken. If they are going to get their cities back I’d prefer it if they just re-grew Teldrassil and recaptured Lordaeron. Preferably with some sweet updates to those zones.

Unfortunately I am pretty sure neither are going to get a new capital. Blizzard seems to hate having so many “useless” capitals around and are trying to cut back on them.

3 Likes