Kaldroei possible home?

Nah. No new home for the Kaldroei.

I like the idea of a homeless, hobo night elf.

But how many xpacs for the damn gnomes to get their city back? And they still don’t have it?

4 Likes

Reflects the Horde nature. They only build in order to destroy…

4 Likes

I’d like to see the curse removed from the ghost night elves and the surviving night elves settle there with them. You could have a blend of highborne and current night elf aesthetics. I don’t have my own ideas for the forsaken but like some of the ideas presented by other posters like resettling Stratholme.

1 Like

You know that’s honestly fair. Which is why I think Dire Maul is probably a better bet. It already is a city and is mostly occupied by ogres and like, some demons and maybe treants with bad attitude? I kind of have a lingering hatred of the place from Vanillia that was reinvigorated with Classic. Of their sprawling dungeons it’s visually repetitive and exhausting. It’s no BRD but what is.

But I digress. I think both Dire Maul and Strathole becoming new cities would be a good legacy for them. As it stands storywise they’re just in a weird places. We’ll have to see how the leveling changes are implemented but from where I stand now just doing away with two defunct dungeons that were never anything but occupied ruins seems very logical to me.

Sad thing is I can and have and will argue that Dazar’Alor and Borealus are two of the best realized cities ever put into WoW. Every inch of the places paint a picture or tell a story - they are masterworks. If Dazar’Alor was a person I’d propose to it I’m that in love with the gorgeous birds eye views and the even more interesting man on the street stuff. It’s so good.

But it’s going to be less occupied than Shattrath the moment SL comes about.

4 Likes

And Shattrath is going to be even less populated when people don’t have to go to either Outland or Northrend any more when we get the level squish.

Depends on your server. We use their lower section for interfaction kick-fish (soccer) games. It’s great.

Seriously sometimes it goes wide and lands in the orphanage and you’ve like 10 people stomping around cribs trying to maneuver the world’s least lucky fish around a nursery.

4 Likes

Didn’t Tyrnade in the last patch already imply that Hyjal is now the new main base of operations for the Nelfs/Army of the BlackMoon? I swear I remember her saying something along the lines of “lets return to Hyjal” to Shandris or something

1 Like

That was datamined for this patch, but we haven’t seen it live yet.

1 Like

Maybe they could stop being lazy and make them usefull again. These days travel between the cities is quick. Maybev they make certain services or items or questline available to certain cities only. All of them have become one stop shops with SW or the new expansion city dominating the player population.

I love this idea. The cultures get to become one again. The problem with relocating to The Broken Isles is the same as relocating to Feralas. Without a major Kaldorei presence in Ashenvale it along with the vast majority of Northern Kalimdor will be plundered for Orc expsnsion. That is a depressing thought. Unless they settle in Ashenvale which probably won’t happen, Hyjal is the best option.

5 Likes

It would be nice. I have a really unstable internet connection so I can’t always get into major cities if the entire playerbase is being funneled there, and since Blizzard removed a lot of the important amenities from the other capital cities I’ve had to begin lurking in the off-hours when the rest of the playerbase on my server is mostly asleep to get anything done. Like some sort of vampire!

Beyond that having more cities is just really great for roleplaying in general. Brill was a roleplay hub. Now it is gone.

2 Likes

Honestly, I was hoping Warfront would be a way to someday add RTS style battlegrounds. It is frustrating it never ended up that way!

3 Likes

Right?! That was my hope. Now the reality is those would be super time consuming which I get. So in a less terribly designed BFA you’d have them reward oodles of pvp vendor points but even a handsome amount if you joined and staid for the whole time. Instead of you know conquest points which become so much piss in the wind the second you have gear better than what it offers.

Seriously I’m shocked the idea of getting to control a hero unit was just used for Darkshore. It’d be so cool if you got to take control of a Dwarven Mountain King or Forsaken Dark Ranger in an epic battle ground. Do the OG Battlefront 2 thing where their health ticks down if idle so they have to be used to turn the tables of a battle.

I don’t mourn it as much as I should. It’s post Cata form was really disappointing to me. The stable was the only unique building. I was hoping for like a gothic version of Goldshire but instead “Oh it’s just a rearranged Vengance Landing…”

Like the Northrend colonies and even Tarren Mill and Andorhal made sense as barebones forward operating base areangements but Brill? C’mon. I startered preferring Death Knell since it at least had a proper tavern with Forsaken tradesmen, soldiers and trainers milling about. And a great bit of flavor dialogue where the local undead are freaked out by the Pandaren and her ability to consume stuff even they’d find gross.

The next Night Elf home city will be on the MOOOOOOOOOON!!!

Well, a bunch of the Ogres that live there are part of the Horde, so they’d be starting up the war again if they did that.

I COMPLETELY understand. When I started in 07 I was on a underpowered laptop using poor wifi. I couldn’t go anywhere near SW or Shattrah unless it was late at night and even then it was bad and don’t even get me started on Dalaran. Darnassus was always my place.

I feel like i missed the rp heyday. I should have switched from The Scryers a long time ago. :pensive: The rp was never really active there anyway. And like an idiot I’m still there.

1 Like

The Ogres in Dire Maul? They don’t seem to be part of the Horde any more. They joined the Twilight’s Hammer for a bit, and then the secret a Burning Legion group called the Hidden.

That said, I don’t want Dire Maul to be a Night Elf capital. On the over world it is a literal hole in the ground.

1 Like

A rebuttal to the entire thread premise:

That would require Blizzard to care about Night Elves first.

5 Likes

I really miss old Brill too. they could have updated the buildings while still making it feel like an actual town with tradesmen, a tavern and etc.

No, but the ones, like, 50 feet away Stonemaw Hold, are. Seems like the NEs trying to move in would cause some kind of conflict there.

I doubt it. Horde are turning a new leaf and all that.