Just so you know we're playing nerfed Classic

From what I have seen the #nochanges crowd was focused on things like stacked potions etc being added. I can tell you I have been annoyed by my bank and bags, but that is how it use to be. Letting people have their 150 mounts and being able to ride them at lvl 40 for 10 gp is another thing peopled wanted to be added and I think those are the things people fought against. This time around I, of course, am playing a lock when I played a warrior in vanilla, so far it has been easier than my warrior and it seems to me that I can take on so far about 3 mobs before things get to where I might die, and when I do it’s because I ran out of mana. When was the last time anyone did that?

5 Likes

Dude which is it? You’re really starting to go all over the place now, not making any sense flip flopping left and right like that.

10 Likes

Whats funny is we’re on patch 1.12 on classic, MC was on patch 1.1 (1.12 is 2 years after 1.1)

We’re on the patch that was a few months away from TBC (Naxx was released on patch 1.11).

If you watch and play any of it you’ll still see people pulling off of tanks, CC being used, and tanks need to stack def to a certain point still. Crushing blows and critical strikes from bosses still exist at end game.

ANd your whole argument about being a lesser version? Lies. Streamers day one were commenting on how during Beta they did not die in dungeons, solo world quests, solo world 3 pulls. Their first day live in classic? double digit deaths. It’s not nerfed, it’s the same, even more so gimping the player. The difference is the player has become incredible better in 15 years.

THe whole challenge of Classic was just show to be trivial by a group of GOOD players who know how to play. Stating its’ a challenge simply shows where the challenge lays, in your own incompetence with this game.

6 Likes

Paladins in classic was one of the strongest solo classes in the game. Go play something that can’t heal itself and wears cloth. I can of course pull up mythic raiders from Method who said leveling mobs are substantially harder than in retail. Of course though you keep saying your the best player in existence…

5 Likes

No. I said I was better than Kripp, Kripp is old and washed up and hasn’t played WoW in years. He’s a children’s card game and mobile phone gamer now.

1 Like

You’re not going to win arguments by pulling things out of content and adulterating quotes.
That is some low brow nonsense, but not surprising given the level of content you’re capable of completing probably isn’t that impressive at this point.

5 Likes

Of course Galdor defends Galdor. I see you’re playing a hunter. That’s neat. I went Shaman myself.

2 Likes

I’m playing a Paladin but okay buddy.

:+1:

Sorry man, that’s just not how it was. The classes went through substantial reworks and buffs between like 1.5 and 1.10, No classes in 1.12 were weaker after the over hauls than they were before 1.5 (except maybe shaman who could 2 shot 3 people at one time with a Chain Lightning and a frost shock before theirs). We were level 60 long before that. The warrior use to be the most difficult class to level at release unless if you played it and have a good memory, people just don’t remember why because they didn’t play them. Huge buffs were made and Warriors became near gods at one point and had to be brought back down. Still there is nothing close to how it was back then due to the class over hauls.

5 Likes

You’re playing on a literal classic patch from vanilla. It’s the same game. Not Nerfed.

Stop living in a false narrative.

16 Likes

MC was released on patch 1.1

BWL was released on patch 1.6

Nax was released on patch 1.11

Classic is on Patch 1.12, which was 2 years after patch 1.1 and a few months before TBC expansion.

Apes literally killed a nerfed MC, hell I was pugging MC by 1.8 as a Ret paladin

13 Likes

To be fair, the game is 100% a bit of semantics right now. A lot of people had a different vision for what patch they would pull classic from, and the dev team went with a more feature complete, relatively balanced patch. They don’t want to present a more flawed form of the game. These people will worry over the difficulty levels of the content, but being real, the difficulty levels probably aren’t veering that far.

5 Likes

They could have released 1.1 MC with 1.1 classes and gear and Ragnaros still would have died in the first week.

Classic is not hard, people just didn’t know how to play it correctly. Pretending otherwise won’t change that.

7 Likes

Oh this is gonna be goooooooooood

Patch 1.1 MC had more HP on bosses, only allowed 8 debuffs on bosses, majority of the classes pre 1.7 weren’t viable or bad, stats were changed after AQ which was waaaaaaaay after MC, you couldn’t cheese the rep requirements like they did currently and it took the best guilds at the time 150+ days to get the first clear in MC.

We’re literally on the pre expansion patch for TBC, which every pre patch has been ez mode for previous content.

16 Likes

I know this a very very extreme example, but the current retail tier actually DOES have a boss that will straight-up delete a tank that doesn’t have a cooldown active on the pull and it’s the fifth in the instance. So… I’d say you might’ve wanted to pick a different example.

7 Likes

They aren’t going to change this now. All this type of discussion took place 6 months ago, where were you ?

2 Likes

“You think you do but you don’t”. Maybe it just seems easier because you’ve literally been playing the SAME game for how many years? and have been playing similar content the entire time. Quit complaining and enjoy the nostalgia christ

2 Likes

Last night was the first real “sting” of “this is not right” for me.

I was so excited to see Stitches back to his former glory, I waited in town to see the mayhem.

As he approached town, people went and ran and hid in the inn. I laughed “it won’t matter, he’ll come in there after you”.

But then to my horror, when Stitches reached the edge of town, at the blacksmith, 4 guards stopped him cold and burned him down…

WTH, where is the Stitches who used to run amok, killing everything in town, npc and players alike?

I remember him taking control of town and either having to be killed by a high level player or he’d despawn after awhile.

THIS thing, THIS abomination, THIS, THIS is truly sad.

A watered down, stay puff , joke of a zone boss.

/cry

12 Likes

literally. meele mobs have “bleed” attack or “wound attack” and caster mobs have “caster attack” or “curse / disease” that’s it.

3 Likes