Just so you know we're playing nerfed Classic

People forget how shat gear was as well before they nerfed the ammount of spirit on items and added more relevant stats.

2 Likes

How about you list all the changes that added to the difficulty of raids? Talent and spell nerfs, buffs to boss and mob abilities; etc, etc.

5 Likes

Mechanics didn’t matter because you not taking any damage is what mattered. You getting hit by a mac truck is what Vanilla was like if you screwed up at all. I remember seeing my buddy on the pull get one shot because he forgot to use Shield Block before the pull. Ever see a warrior tank get one shot on the pull in the last 10 years? Ever see the tank go from full HP to dead in full Current Tier gear on the 3rd boss of a raid because that boss hit so hard? The difficulty was that 1 mistake most of the time can wipe the raid and trying to get 40 people to do everything correctly without mistake was hard. Ever seen Nef fear the raid and one guy somehow resist the fear and Nef turned and shadow breaths on him wiping the raid?

It’s not the mechanics that were hard, it was how hard the bosses/mobs hit and how hard it was to control threat. You had to CC or else you would die. I only know of one class that could solo an elite their own level before they had epic gear. I haven’t yet ran into an elite my own level to see how hard they are to kill, I do have garbage gear atm far below my level. So I am very curious to see how killable they are.

20 Likes

Exactly Grumbledor. The mechanics in vanilla were more simple, definitely. The difficulty came in many forms, not just the mechanics. The reason modern WoW’s raids are so hard from a mechanics standpoint is because they have no other way to challenge players.

Back in the day threat, DoT management, CC , etc was all a huge part of the difficulty. In modern WoW the ONLY thing that challenges the player is the mechanics, since all other methods of difficulty or challenge have been removed.

Therefore in retail the mechanics HAVE to be challenging, otherwise the raid won’t be challenging.

8 Likes

CC is more important in Retail than in Classic.

5 Likes

Fun fact MC was released on patch 1.1

Classic is patch 1.12 which was 2 years after 1.1 dropped, Naxx when we get it was released on patch 1.11

“BUt ClASSic iS EasY”, retail kids just can’t get a break

10 Likes

I think plenty of tanks have been smacked out of existence in mythic raids in the past few years.
It isn’t like 1-shot mechanics have gone away, let alone raid-wiping individual mechanics. That never went away. It has always been about complexity, and our understanding of the game’s mechanics surrounding itemization were fuzzy until well into the game’s lifespan.

2 Likes

I know they have stated before that they can’t take the game back to what it use to be because the patched and recoded the game and what use to be was permanently changed with the new engine. You would think they would have saved the original, but it seems they did not. At least that is what I have read over the years.

1 Like

No real way to truly recreate it? Actually it’s not hard, it’s just numbers and code. They’re not going off memory here. They have a reference client.

You’re like the troll who tried to say I made a point in my post that I didn’t make by quoting me out of context. You Retail babies have nothing and for some reason the thought of Classic doing well terrifies you so you just come here and post nonsensical gibberish and trolling.

11 Likes

Which is why some of us were saying that it was a bad idea to release on 1.12 but we got drowned out by all the choffing from #NoChanges. BWL* will be cleared in a couple of days max if they don’t make changes between now and release and bring it back to pre nerfed levels.
Maybe the community is fine with this if so then great just be aware of what you are asking for.

3 Likes

No Vanilla PvP title, currently playing “Retail”.

Hypocrite much?

About to ding 31 on Classic. I’m so terrified of the game I’m playing doing well.

:thinking:

4 Likes

Naxx will probably be cleared within 48 hours of an actually organized raid team becoming attuned, in all likelihood. The mechanics are well known, and the itemization for it equally well known, the classes even better understood than probably ever before.

5 Likes

I dunno, I still have to drink after too many pulls and I nearly died when I unexpectedly aggro’d a second mob.

Seems alright to me…

5 Likes

Dude you’re just trolling every post you can on every thread you can.

Pulling 5 Gnolls in vanilla at one time was going to earn you certain death. Pulling 5 anything in BFA is Lull, I pulled 15 at a time leveling up in BFA on my warrior, I want to see you do that in Classic. Unless you are not well geared which is your case Nazj and Mechagon is the place you might die and it was only harder when I had sub-par gear and I was fighting elites.

Leveling up who did any CC in The Motherload? No one and that is a jam-packed place, 5 Gnolls your own level is harder than just about anything in retail atm. Matter of fact I would say an Elite your own level in retail is about as hard a normal mob in classic.

12 Likes

I have no CC on my Paladin in Classic. If you’re talking group play, AoE is the meta now. No one is CCing anything.

It’s not trolling, you’re just bad at the game and don’t realize it.

4 Likes

do people still seriously think 15 year old content that has been dissected and analyzed by players since its release is going to be difficult? all of the raids are going to annihilated by raiders because they are not hard encounters. especially compared to the encounters on retail.

12 Likes

Naxx attunement can be completed right now. You just needed to be exalted with Argent Dawn, or have certain items (all obtainable currently).

1 Like

:clown_face:

9 Likes

Look, you don’t have to CC in the +5’s you do, I’ll give you that.

Well… unless your groups do…

“CC is important in Classic!”

There’s a good chance if you join a good pug and try to CC you’ll be asked to stop. It’s unnecessary and slows things down.

1 Like