Just saw the troll elephant mask in action

what’s wrong with this piece, other than some people not liking it?

is there some obvious thing i’m missing where it doesn’t fit right or the animation is janky?

It’s clipping badly on Trolls, it doesn’t have any detail on the belt. Very little of it looks Darkspear and the help looks nothing like Sen’jin’s that it’s based on. It looks like an elephant nose instead. Fan artists have come up with better.

5 Likes

Hold up… at the end of that video… that troll was walking upright.

UPRIGHT TROLL OPTIONS?!

3 Likes

It’s been a thing since WCIII, but alright.

Please stop, I can only laugh so hard.

I like it.

Thanks for posting OP! It looks terrible the whole set. I’m going to leave this link here for a break down of everything wrong with it for anyone who is confused about why it’s awful.

5 Likes

No the covering never went over the nose. Show me one that did.

These bland colors and you think it’s Darkspear. That’s what’s funny.

6 Likes

those things point to it not being AI-generated, wouldn’t you say?

How did AI figure into this?

2 Likes

The real issue with it is the model
Is wearing the mask wrong, it’s supposed to go under the nose, around the tusks covering the cheeks like Sen’Jin and Zul’Jin this one only covers the nose and goes between the tusks giving it a Elephant/Turkey look.

They tried giving us the best of both worlds by adding a wooden voodoo mask but compared to literally every other wooden mask in game and lore it’s too short, too symmetrical and has a plain paint job. This was just an all around fail.

And that’s just the mask, there a lot wrong with the rest of the rig too check out the link I posted above this for a full breakdown, almost every piece on this set missed the mark.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Oh, so you’re just being pedantic about over, or under the nose. Sunday came early, I guess.

So you haven’t seen the Darkspear racial crest.

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/81124-darkspear-trolls.jpg

The armor uses largely the same colors.

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/1155494.jpg

Makes a huge difference in how it looks.

It’s not about the crest. Which btw clips.

The most muted Wish looking thing.

4 Likes

You complain that it doesn’t have the racial colors, and then say it’s “not about” the crest that the racial colors originate from. Yeah, you’re obviously just dead set on trolling this, pun intended.

The crest visually is there. If you think those muted tones are on par, you should get your eyes checked. If you think an armor that mostly clips on the race it’s meant for is acceptable, then you need to raise your standards.

Again, fans can even do better.

https://twitter.com/BalintCservenyi/status/1779093800838742189/photo/2

3 Likes

That back piece is a lackluster neutered version of the actual racial crest. They literally pulled the skulls and smaller tiki plates off it, the back piece should build upward more. A Troll Heritage armor with 0 skulls is no Heritage Armor. I’m pulling your Troll Card if you think 0 skulls is acceptable. You ain’t one of us.

Also worth mentioning Tealblue is a primary Darkspear color, don’t believe me check the tabard, flag, Darkspear Raptor and Vol’Jins mask. If they were gonna do multiple color options that should have been one of them.

7 Likes

What makes this more frustrating for me is them releasing the Blood Troll set and it working on everyone but Trolls. The feet still do not display on Trolls. Even though Blood Trolls have blood covered feet in game. They just aren’t even trying.

9 Likes

Is this a prank? A joke? Lol who thought making trolls an elephant was a good idea and not something totally hilarious!?!

I’m thinking a tauren wearing a belt like that and honestly nearly choked on my salad x’D

Like since when have trolls and elephants ever been a thing?

10 Likes

We need a pink version… that reminds me of this classic animation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcZUPDMXzJ8 Disney’s Pink Elephants on Parade…

1 Like

Vol’jin died for this?

Sheesh Blizz… :woman_facepalming:

5 Likes