Just saw the launch trailer on twitter, are we actually getting half orcs?

Possible but I don’t think so. Either way, it doesn’t really matter now.
It is what it is. Now.

Til they change it again.

So, in a nutshell, “I have no evidence for this, and neither does any WoW-related site, but I have a vague feeling in the pit of my stomach, so the character definitely existed before but was changed, and isn’t that just like them to do that”?

Mmmmmkay.

2 Likes

Let it go.

whats twitter??

Taunka weren’t going to be the Horde race for Cata? Like, we know the choices were between ogres and goblins, and goblins were chosen because tech-focused and short was more interesting

You sure you’re not thinking of Maximillian? There’s never been any NPC with the last name of Lothar in the game

If you didn’t mention Un’goro I’d honestly thought you were talking about Tirion’s vanilla quest in EPL who. Isn’t a Lothar.

3 Likes

No. They were chosen because they were the race that helped Deathwing create his black armour and put it on and also helped to spy for him and were very loyal servants to him and there were many goblins though who did not want to work for Deathwing and so went to join the Horde to help fight against him.

But do the Wrathgate quest in Dragonblight. The Taunka join the Horde during that quest series.

They were chosen because they were a completely different aesthetic to the existing Horde races, were highly requested, and added

That’s more stuff to add to it, sure, but the main stuff is going to be the whole “The Horde already have a big and bulky race in Tauren, so ogres and taunka are maybe a bit too close”

That doesn’t mean they were going to be the race in Cata. The Frostborn dwarves pretty much joined the Alliance in Wrath but I don’t think anyone seriously thought we were gonna get them as an option

1 Like

Yes. That was the same group of people who said that the orcs were related to the ogres and that then they had Daemons as they called it. Described as the most powerful being to ever exist anywhere in all of Azeroth.

Garona was originally half orc, half human then became half orc, half draenei later. But I dont fault Blizzard for that one. Garona existed as a character in WC1. Draenei werent even invented yet by Blizzard. Plus her not being half human makes a lot more sense from the lore as humans had not even come around to where she was when she was born yet. Some humans were stolen and taken to where the orcs where but not before Garona was born so it would have been impossible for her to have been half human as was originally stated. And from the lore it was Garona who first started to spy on the humans and pretend to like them but then she actually did end up liking them.

Some Blizzards writings have her as half orc, half human. Only because the other thing she was mixed with didnt officially exists in the lore yet.

1 Like

They never changed it to begin with.

1 Like

Hmm I think too much CNN has caused your brain to rot. Thoughts and prayers.