Just returned to retail

I’ve just returned to retail, I’m still playing WotLK classic but I wanted to enjoy the new story and expansion, I’ve raided at a high level since Vanilla to end of WOD, I took a more casual approach due to work during legion and shadowlands.

I’ve been playing rogue the entire time, majority of that time combat/outlaw and sub PvE, that out of the way.

What in the world is going on with the button bloat?

Why is roll the bones still a thing?

Why does Ghostly Strike exist?

Why is so much of my damage focused into cooldowns to the point where I hit like a wet noodle out side of them, are we playing WoW or FFXIV?

And in terms of APM im actually semi struggling to fully optimize my damage because of the overwhelming amount of things I have to track and push, line up, do, and that is just my character alone, if I was in a raid scenario I am pretty sure I’d stand in void zones.

As a raider who did cutting edge in mythic, I have never felt so bad, I actually feel like I’m useless and confused.

14 Likes

All that, and yet I can do almost as much damage on my DH rolling my face across the keyboard. Not even much of an exaggeration.

8 Likes

picks one of the highest skill cap classes…WHy iS iT so hArD

3 Likes

Playing retail Rogue without weak auras is asking for trouble in PVE. PVP? Doesn’t matter because even Pikaboo doesn’t bother using SND lol.

:surfing_woman: :man_surfing:

1 Like

Ok another button bloat thread. You are aware that you can change the amount of buttons you have have access too via talents right? You can for a mostly passive build. Is it as effective? No but that’s what class depth is all about. Like any pool you have a deep end and a shallow end where you want to be in said pool is up to you and where you are comfortable with. You don’t blame the pool for going into the deep end unprepared. Start shallow then work your way up.

4 Likes

Being outlaw is a little complicated. The direction they moved with it goes with the class theme. It’s a dice-roll driven shoot-em-up; You’ve gotta pay attention.

To be honest there really isn’t much button bloat at all if you’re doing it right. It’s pretty easy and very fun to smash away with.

Weak aura is mandatory to play retail PVE Rogue. This truth is undeniable.

:man_surfing: :surfing_woman:

4 Likes

I dont rogue much but i do know you can macro Ghostly Strike to your finishers since its off the GCD. That will remove 1 button from your bar😬

2 Likes

Pressing 15 buttons and watching buffs/debuffs doesn’t take skill. It takes weak auras, alot of weak auras.

5 Likes

Don’t forget a lot of weak auras on top of weak auras.

We can slap about 15 more weak auras into that weak aura over there.

And as a bonus that weak aura over there.

:man_surfing: :surfing_woman:

2 Likes

you can have all the weakauras in the world balancing everything is very high skill celling.

1 Like

I’ve been playing rogue since 2004, I picked it a long time ago :3

So underperform on purpose and work your way back to the button bloat again? nice

Also its not like I cannot adapt to this game, I’ve played a high APM rogue back in ToT with the 0.5 sec GCD, just my complaint of the game is that its heading into a mash direction on top of watching weakauras all day.

8 Likes

I’ll need proof of this. Your profile is not showing any key levels where your DPS really matters that much, nor do you have any logs beyond normal recorded.

I’m also pretty sure that you’re 100% incorrect as tiny mistakes greatly impact Outlaw DPS output.

That’s simply not true on all accounts what you just mentioned.

2 Likes

Outlaw literally only needs two weakauras. A subterfuge window tracker and blade flurry tracker. You can do 100% of the rest of it by putting GS into finishers and enabling game sound and practicing your class. Play Hidden Opportunity instead of KiR, as KiR isn’t worth it in pug keys.

Now just listen for crackshot and enjoy. You’ll be playing adequately to easily get Keystone Hero.

like i said its a high skill cap. you shouldnt ever have to stare at weak auras once you understand the class as a matter of fact if you do then you will probably die in high keys. personally i think sub is more fun right now but depending on key level and affixes ill play outlaw as well.

I’m confused. Proof of what? I’m guessing you might have got what I posted misunderstood. I know tiny mistakes impact outlaw DPS, that’s literally what I was saying. Where as I can play my demon hunter, and pretty much get away with just button mashing.

5 Likes

You’re right, reading hard early in the morning.

You’re forgetting your SND tracker and RtB tracker. If we’re talking basics, you need those.

Crackshot makes no sound, Ace procs do.

1 Like

You guys dont have buffs displayed up top beside your minimap?

1 Like

Honestly just seems like they hate having to play with anything other than the base game displays. WAs are great for the simple reason that you can take all that important information and display it in a way that fits you. People make UIs out of them and tbh youre not as good of a player as you think you are if youre flat out against them.

I don’t mind people customizing their UI, I mind when people say it’s required and the game can’t be played unless it’s done.

Care to expand on this? I’m not sure how being against or for WA affects peoples ability as a player.

3 Likes