Just returned to retail

I’m guessing that was precisely their point. It doesn’t.

The game can def be played without em. I did it for years. Doing that isnt optimal when doing content at the highest level tho. How are you gonna prepare for the next mechanics when youre still wondering what defensives you have on CD cause all your abilities are cluttered randomly? Thats extra effort into processing something which a WA user processes automatically. They dont play the game for you but they make it a lot easier to follow which in turn makes you a better player.

1 Like

Good luck trying to find how many RtB you have up at a glance, or where in the list of buffs your SnD is at after refreshing, or perhaps even your AR duration.

There’s an arrow that hides "un"important buffs from that list, now good luck finding your poison durations. On top of that Outlaw has roughly 13 buffs to keep track of, which at any random order in that list still take a lot of effort to find. That’s excluding any external buffs that show up and clutter that list.

3 Likes

More difficult to play does not mean they can ignore tuning the class correctly because the players will just fix it using add-ons!

I know, I know to Blizzard that’s exactly what it means. But to the rest of the world it just means Blizzard is lazy and neglectful.

4 Likes

I have a similar background & similar reaction. I don’t do any major content, just wanted to do LFR this tier for the first time in a long while and the whiplash from not keeping up with proper play was real.

Biggest was just the CD windows of snap decisions between ambush or shotgun every hasted GCD even with the Ace proc reload sound effect. And all the little things like an extra dice from AR, etc.

Using blade flurry all the time to keep SnD up is also pretty oddball.

Just chiming in to say there’s light at the end of the tunnel, I’m as used to the spec now as I’ve ever been, but all the changes over time have added up for someone coming back and trying to play it properly.

2 Likes

Macros solved this issue for me in like cata.

#showtooltip Evasion
/startattack
/use Sinister Strike

etc…

If that’s the extent to which WA serves in PvE I generally think the majority of things PvE uses Weakauras for is just streamlining things the games UI can already tell you, afaik. I don’t PvE so I’m just guessing.

My problem is more the arms-race it’s turned PvP into where it’s essentially a DBM lite just telling people how & when to play the game for them without them having any awareness of their own.

Easy non-rogue-specific

example is I’ve seen Weakauras where they cover their entire screen with an alert to use Shadowmeld because specifically a warrior has pressed stormbolt targeted @ their character. That kind of stuff should be situational awareness & read from the player, not just obeying the loud honking horn & blotted out screen on reflex.

I think this is the crux of the for/against crowd. Some people see that processing ability as valuable & maybe a rite of passage of sorts. Others see it as something to be done away with so they can focus on other things.

4 Likes

The back to back BtE can be fun, the blade flurry thing is absolutely clunky and for the moment I have optd out of doing.

Using Blade Flurry is nice to build a guaranteed 7 CP in AoE, but it being a CDR makes it feel clunky imo because it’s sort of unreliable when it becomes available.

Just saw you in another thread :joy:
Anywho, I just came to rogue forums to see if anyone had the same problem / issue with this.

I was deadset like: “What the actual fel is going on HERE!?”

1 Like

If you were timing it right, even through the dice-roll mechanic, there are things you notice about buttons that might feel bloated. You don’t always need to press them as outlaw.

4 buttons for every single class makes me want to vomit. Why even play an mmorpg? You’ll be playing the same class with bland pseudo-differences underneath the role trinity.

Take a break from shorts, they warp your acuity.

Regardless: There’s two other specs. You don’t need to play outlaw. Nobody played combat for decades; move along ya’ll I’m having too much fun.

If your raid leader, RBG/arena pals won’t let you play something else they aren’t very good friends.

2 Likes

Honestly hoping that’s as far as it goes, and it doesn’t get worse in war within.

i return to retail about once every 6 months. reconize it sucks and go back to classic

4 Likes

This is exactly the reason why i cant enjoy Dragonflight. The pacing and feel is too similar to FFXIV. WoW hasnt felt like WoW since Cata/MoP era.

2 Likes

Who the hell is looking at that in the middle of combat? Too much going on to discern which of possibly several rtb procs you currently have without a weakaura

3 Likes

I dont mind roll the bones, but having both roll the bones and slice and dice seems like its doubling up a bit, maybe just merge them or just make slice and dice baseline. Other than that i agree ghostly strikes should just be a passive after exiting stealth or something.

Outlaw prob one of the best specs in the game atm. I love it

Crack shot\dance combo is mean as

1 Like

I do like the Between the Eyes spam combination, but I hate wasting my vanish as a DPS CD :frowning:

1 Like

I like my GCD free combo builder :<
Since it has no GCD, just macro it you feel it’s adding extra bloat.

1 Like

I think most people would argue that ghostly strikes is pretty mid ability. I would rather them merge mid abilities\replace them with passives and add in more impactful/fun stuff.

Its not the end of the world, i just have a MMO mouse for outlaw. Im just talking like, if in the future they want to add in new abilities to outlaw, they are going to have a hard time because outlaw is quite busy at the moment. So in my eyes ghostly strikes would be one on the chopping block, or alternatively hero talent wise just make it so the new ability replaces ghostly strikes

1 Like

I’ve recently just bound Ghostly Strike into my Between the Eyes, honestly feels so much better.

1 Like

I did this too, but only in stealth

2 Likes