Just remove objectives from battlegrounds

Since according to this euro gm post its not a valid play style in BGs if other players deem it isn’t, and you will get banned for doing them now.

5 Likes

It’s insanity. The Zerg meta has taken over and anyone using tactics must be purged. Wth

1 Like

One thing is for sure. Never touching BGs again once I can get back in.

2 Likes

Good riddance to AFKers.

Doing objectives is not afking

I know. I do objectives and see people AFKing all the time.

F that, I’m actually pissed that people like you got banned for playing smart.

People are like “don’t be afk”, then you say “or quit fighting in between Stables and BS,” then they get angry and report you AFK and now you have to go find an alliance to hit and because you’re gone a pally, with the enthusiasm of a 14 year old who just discovered pleasuring himself, runs down and caps it while no one is there, and if you run the wrong direction hoping someone will be there you have the actual chance of being removed.

Then there are the people who want to report AFK before the BG even starts because they don’t like someone, and of course you tell them it is against the rules and that you’ve reported them for false reporting (even tho it’s a bluff) to prevent that.

We saw the abuse of vote to kick, do people think report AFK is any different?

1 Like

When I used to do rated bgs we used to have one guy defending a node the whole time.

Quite a few games where he would end the rbg with zero damage done

Guess he should’ve been banned for non-participation instead of getting his 2400 achievement huh.

3 Likes

AV is complicated because the objectives are all over the map both literally and metaphorically. The game just doesn’t scale well for a geared and moreso coordinated group.

Some tanks are so geared that a lot of the objectives are currently irrelevant, esp with a premade that is coordinating. But even for a pug:

Current value of towers? Mixed. Most sides can kill with 1 up, some with 2-3 up.
Current value of mines? Near useless and overall a detriment to the team in most games.
Value of farming mobs for XP? Definitely negative.

I definitely think people are abusing the reporting system, but anyone coming in to farm mobs just to get xp (as opposed to at least trying to help their team complete objectives and win) while their teammates do objectives to earn them more xp is likewise a drag on 30+ other people and abusing the system as well.

Boy is this the truth :heart::heart::heart:

I was a hunter on this duty all the time

So ignoring the fact that defending objectives is an active deterrent to the enemy team attacking your captured objective?

Just more reinforcement that bLizzard never actually played their game.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.