Just paid for subscription but it still says it's expired

I paid for my subscription for 3 months using visa, but it still says that my subscription is expired. I’ve closed and restarted the blizzard launcher, but nothing has changed.

1 Like

Provided the transaction didn’t fail, it might take a little time for the system to catch up if you just did it.

Log out and back into the Blizzard Launcher, see if that might kick it in gear.

1 Like

Logged out and logged back in but still nothing. It’s been around 5 minutes now but still saying the same thing

What does your Transaction History show?

https://account.blizzard.com/transactions

2 Likes

Yea it says I haven’t paid anything but I’m sure it went through. Guess it didn’t though. Thank you for the link I didn’t know I could check that

You’re welcome. If you have further questions, you could submit a ticket to Billing.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/166/167/channels

2 Likes

Alright so, my transaction history says I haven’t paid. So I went to try again, only now it’s saying my current subscription is three months. So I tried to pay again, but now it’s just telling me to try again later.

What happens if you click “Mange” here, assuming that it is here: https://account.blizzard.com/games

1 Like

Manage isn’t there for me

If the system hasn’t resolved itself by now, I recommend opening a ticket. There’s nothing any player on this forum could do to fix what seems like a glitch you’re experiencing in the system.

2 Likes

It looks like the payment for your recent subscription renewal was not successful. You can start by troubleshooting your payment method. Head over to your Account Management page and delete any pre-existing payment methods you have on file.

Then add a new payment method, using the card you want to for this subscription. Make sure your card and address information matches exactly. For example, if your credit card is registered to Avenue then make sure you use Avenue as well on your Blizzard account. If you abbreviate it as “Ave.” I’ve seen that cause trouble with purchases in the past.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue except it went through because my checking account has a transaction saying Blizzard Entertainment for 15.89$

2 Likes

If it was a recent purchase for you, what you are seeing is a pre-authorization charge to make sure the funds are available, not a confirmation that they have been transferred to Blizzard.

It is often immediate, but it can sometimes take up to 24 hours unless it fails. What does your transaction history show?

5 Likes

Having the same issue. Paid the sub 4 days ago, bank transaction history is showing it as held funds (not available funds).

I’ve solved the problem though - bought a 30 day game card, and will cancel the sub once that goes through.

THIS is why I don’t opt in for a automatic subscription, with all the issues Blizz has it’s just not worth the hassles, especially given the quality of 8.3.

The subscription you attempted failed because the payment was rejected by the payment provider. It looks like you used one of your saved cards to attempt the transaction, which may be out of date.

If you manually entered your card information for the 30 days of game time, that could explain why that purchase was successful.

3 Likes

I am having the same problem renewed sub tonight because ran out using the same card as normal has taken the funds but hasn’t renewed have rebooted PC opened and closed bnet client with no luck. I keep getting an email saying it has been frozen even tho card is in date and money has come out.

When you go into account management, what does your transaction page say? Does it say pending or completed? Keep in mind any online transactions can take up to 24 hrs to actually complete

It isn’t in my transaction history for some reason and it says sub is inactive.

That means that the charge failed, and the one showing on your card is just the temporary authorization hold.

1 Like

Why would it fail if the money is in there and card is current/active?