"Just ignore the timer!1!"

I basically log in for raid night then log off. If I’m doing something other than raid night its generally either PvP or alts (sometimes both).

I would like to run hard mode Mega Dungeons but:

1. The guild isn’t doing them (I don’t really PUG)
  2. I’m running Raids or PvP.

Maybe if I was 25 again and had 20 hours a week to play WoW I’d run more Mega Dungeons.

There’s only so much time in a day/week.

:man_shrugging:

I liked cata heroic level. Which gave blues. I didn’t do them 4884848473636363 times for gear rewards but because they were fun (to me). I didn’t find mechagon fun so I didn’t do it much. It’s like people are unable to understand something can be fun to DO even if there isn’t some insane reward. I don’t like M+ mostly cuz post legion all dungeons seem to be made with M+ in mind and don’t feel as fun (to me) past M+ existing. It ruins even doing heroic dungeons for me.

1 Like

Ok so why are you asking for untimed dungeons if you wouldn’t, ironically, have time to do them?

I hear ya, but that wouldn’t change even if there was untimed version at the same level of difficulty to warrant such rewards that these would give. Ain’t no way they’re making different dungeons just for another fringe of the community.

Beside, if they’re too easy, people let go of m+ and we’re sad.
If they’re too hard, complaints neverendinf you guys are sad.

The balance is a thin line.

1 Like

Technically I’m not at asking for untimed dungeons…

Asking why people are against the notion of untimed challenging dungeons is about the same as asking for them, imo.

Why do you have a problem with it?

If it’s not your jam, it’s no skin off your back to just continue on doing whatever it is you want to do.

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Traditionally games that only have easy to hard modes, yes. But with those with difficulty scaling, as well creating your own difficulty yourself like you can with survival games, as well some options to toggle some things off or on like QTE’s, skipping combat, puzzles, routes, and so on, so, No. Not really most.

I know that. Mega dungeons themselves showed specifically they are intentionally designing all dungeons for the same audience. It isn’t me. Which is fine. I just wish they’d make at least world content fun for casual players. Don’t need to give leet gear just be fun to do. I know where I need to go to do the chores for better gear if I want it.

1 Like

Eh, I disagree with this. Tazavesh as a whole never felt like it was supposed to be made into an M+ for me. They did, but it was like shoving a square peg into a round hole. The tavern music boss and the entire lead up to it is so insanely RP heavy, I can’t believe the designer who made that had spared a single thought for M+. Then there was all the questing and messing around and talking to people to get to the hard modes in the first place.

1 Like

I already said why. You ignored the untimed challenge that was hard mode mechagon and tazavesh, why should I trust you’ll do the challenge that what you’re asking for would bring? The cons outweight the pros of such a sytem, if only that it would be a nightmare to balance and probably foster degenerate gameplay.

I’d be able to actually enjoy mythic+ without a timer. I don’t really care for timer gameplay

1 Like

I didn’t ignore them. There’s only so much WoW time available and most of mine goes to Raiding and PVP (with dash of alt leveling). I play… maybe… 8 hour on a good week. I also have ZERO interest in PUGing and only do so on rare occasions. So if the guildies aren’t specifically available to run content, I just don’t do it.

I didn’t mean M+ as much as I meant people who want to exert a ton of effort and be properly rewarded. I felt cata had the best fun to difficulty ratio. Could also do them at your own pace. I am not an elite player. No desire to “git gud” enough to do KSM or whatever. I’ve done a small amount of M+ this expansion cuz there wasn’t anything else I felt was fun to do. Didn’t enjoy it. At the 7-9 or whatever range I was doing it wasn’t hard just not fun. Idk how better to explain it lol

Edit: I felt over rewarded though honestly

Then surely you wouldn’t have time to do an untimed challenge right? Cause since it’s untimed, it could stretch to multiple hours? Much longer than what hardmode mechagon and tazavesh had, and you still could only do those once a week. If you want something that’s equally rewarding as m+, it has to be without a lockout as well.

LOL please man for the love of god oh no no no original deadmines vs a +20 oh no no

Be fair, the rotations were a lot harder to maintain back then.

1 Like

Seems like there are enough players like you in GD who don’t care about the timer. Why doesn’t anyone create a community and you can run all the untimed dungeons as you want. You all can just ignore the timer.

You can name it “Untimed Heroes”.

5 Likes

I feel like saying “the timer doesn’t matter” just defeats the purpose of m+ for most players, hey if it’s your thing though go ahead and get some likeminded players and have fun i guess lol

If the logistics are aligned then I would probably make time for it. As MEgaDungeons currently are set up the logistics for running them just aren’t favorable to make them into my schedule.

IF, however, you could save progress on them, like you do with a Raid, I probably would have been engagin with them more often. I often wouldn’t do MegaDungeons because it wasn’t fun to start over from the start every time just to not finish an hour or so hours later.

gambit takes 20 minutes