"Just ignore the timer!1!"

This retort isn’t well thought out.

If you ignore the timer, you’ll never get past M2. It’s literally impossible to ignore the timer while simultaneously engaging with Mythic+ Dungeons. The timer is the entire point of it. If you ignore it, you can’t run keys.

I just want to make it clear, however, that I don’t care if there is a timer for the players who enjoy that sort of game play. More power to ya. What I don’t get is why Mythic+ players are so insistent that there not be any other type of 5 man Dungeon experience?

:man_shrugging:

49 Likes

You may or may not know this already but you can reach 278 ilvl through M+ without ever making a single timer. You get that reward in the vault, and you can upgrade to 278 without any score restriction. Untimed keys still reward valor and your key does not downgrade if you miss the timer of a 2. Simply mark your group as completion and double-check that all members are okay with staying over the timer before you start. You can delevel your key by the vault in Oribos.

The reason there does not need to be another untimed M+ experience is because people who would actually be able to clear hard dungeons will have no problem with the timer up to level 8 or so. But I do agree that missing the timer should not delevel your key.

16 Likes

There shouldn’t be a timer outside of achievements.

37 Likes

If you can’t beat the timer, that shows you aren’t ready for higher key levels and to first improve.

25 Likes

23 Likes

Just ignore the whole thing M+ is focused around! I think it’s a bad faith argument, because it’s hard to believe otherwise.

4 Likes

Even if you ignored the timer, you’d eventually get to the point where you’d understand the mechanics well enough to pass a +2.

4 Likes

I couldn’t care less if it was handing out 500 ilvl gear.

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

It’s not impossible if you ignore the timer. It’s impossible if you don’t beat the timer.

But yes that is an unhelpful statement if you want to progress

Was there another streamer video about this topic or something?

This is like the second thread today regarding this.

1 Like

Just bam IO and meters. We can go back to running content for tickles and grins.

1 Like

People really love to hate streamers for no reason here :rofl:

4 Likes

I don’t look at the timer and just pull 1-2 packs at the time and it always works for 15-20s

Although I do suppose those are still considered low keys.

2 Likes

Oh I ain’t hating anything.

It’s usually a “notice” thing you know?

good then just dont do the content since it’s probably too hard for you :rofl:

7 Likes

Darn right I do. But truth be told I don’t dislike streamers I dislike the people whom mindlessly parrot what they say.

But I choose to “hate” The player and the game

If you need to not have a timer to progress I would not want to join said group in a +10 or higher because its just going to be painful

If there’s no timer nothing really changes. If you have 12 deaths to a single pack and the lead goes “keep rezzng!! this is for completion!!” you’d just leave.

:joy: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :joy:

The original deadmines were much more strategy based than timed mythics will ever be. Doing it when it was current and a single trash group would wipe you was much more a social game and waaayy more fun than this e-sport garbage they produce now a days.

It wasn’t a gear based win, it was skill.

15 Likes