Just give the alliance high elves already

If they had removed all the High Elves from the Alliance in preparation for the Blood Elves then maybe you might have a slight case. The Blood Elves are tied to the Horde and the High Elves are tied to the Alliance. Then there are neutral NPCs as the game has all over the place.

They didn’t forgo High Elves to roll out Blood Elves as the replacement. They didn’t kill them off or shuffle them. “New” ones have popped up. They have noted the divide between the two as time went on. So no, High Elves haven’t been shackled to the Horde. They got their own thing with their edgy story.

6 Likes

Which one is playable?

2 Likes

What does playable have to do with anything? Vulpera weren’t playable until they were, worgen weren’t either, nor pandaren nor goblins…

That’s the whole bloody point of requesting playable High Elves. The existence of Blood Elves doesn’t cross out High Elves.

5 Likes

First, whataboutism isnt applicable here nor does it generate a point for you to stand on. Especially when you are talking about races tied to factions.

Second, the race being a core playable races means its part of that faction’s core identity. No ifs or buts about it.

Blood Elves are our High Elves

3 Likes

Pffft. Void Elves say hello.

Identity really? Really? Sadness.

3 Likes

And that was an occasion where models were swapped. Helllllllllllo

Youre forgetting that part, Kirela. So what you suggesting is that to get high elves, Alliance has to swap again.

Im cool with that, but what does Alliance give the Horde? I dont think theres another nelf group to steal?

No whataboutism here. What she said was pretty straight forward in response to…

No one would be requesting high elves if they were playable.

This is a spot on analogy!

If high elves weren’t already part of the alliance, no one would be requesting them. The problem with the anti stance is that players are requesting the high elves that are already alliance, it’s odd that one would be so against this despite these high elves already being alliance, having nothing to do with the horde or its blood elves.

Anywho that’s just my two cents!

2 Likes

Its not because shes using example of races that were not factioned at any point in time. The framing of her argument does not work simply because its not the same situation.

The problem is two-fold:

1. High elves are way too similar to the core blood elves in theme and likeness. There isnt enough adaptation to make them entirely different (ala something like the BFA allied races).

2. Adding another Thalassian elven allied race transforms void elves to being a specialized allied race and potentially causing their popularity to drop like a rock and/or make them compete for the same player base interested in high elves. Having that internal competition is problematic.

• No, LFD and Draenai dont compete for numbers because one is a specialized allied race and the other one is a general core race.

I mean I am not forgetting squat because the existence of Void Elves and NB is what broke the last argument against High Elves actually. They muddied their stance on identity when they took Blood Elves and made them playable on the Alliance.

And yes I know the next argument will be about skin color and void, but we have done this about a million times already. They are Blood Elves where High Elves are not. I will leave it at that.

3 Likes

I am going to point out that you are posting as a Pandaran and should well be aware that this really is a non-issue.

2 Likes

More like you wanted the toy that the other kid had and when you got one that was almost the same you looked it over for five minutes and went back to crying about how hard done by you were.

5 Likes

No, the existence is that a trade has to be done to get a Horde core model.

Actually my argument was going to be about how do you make high elves not blatantly kill of the void elf playerbase.

Pandaren are trash. Its why i post on one. Also because Bourbonboxer is about top tier in my creativity.

If I was aiming to post on a just as irrelevant in lore race…I’d pick maybe the dwarves at this point.

Perhaps I’m misunderstanding, but in the two posts she made, she specifically mentioned the high elves that are tied to the alliance. I see no mention of neutral races joining the alliance.

For your first point, I disagree. This seems like a matter of perspective thing because the high elves in my eyes have always had their own thing going on. If they are too similar, the fault doesn’t fall on the players for requesting them regardless, due to the fact that they’re already alliance. It would be more of an issue to take up with the writers directly by requesting to remove the high elves from the alliance.

If it would be newly bringing blood elves into the alliance, then I would agree.

I appreciate the effort put into this but these are purely criterias made by you purely for yourself.

This isn’t a competition over which race needs to stay at elevated numbers. Even if void elf population were to drop to 0%, this wouldn’t be a problem as races are cosmetic

2 Likes

But then when I counter her on it: she uses worgen, vulpera, pandaren, goblins, etc as examples.

Which dont fit the situation.

Blood elves are a core race to Horde. They can exist as a core race to Horde with the existence of High Elves, they’ve done it for 15+ years.

Its not even criteria, its being conscious to noticing how races work.

No, but if one race uses very similar themes and characteristics as another then they compete with each other over that playerbase.

“Its not a problem if a race has 0% playrate”

Lol, are you trolling? By that logic, its okay if Alliance has 0% population since races are cosmetic.

2 Likes

I mean, High Elves were exclusively Alliance tagged in Vanilla and that didn’t stop devs from making Blood Elves out of them and making them go Horde.

1 Like

Which is why I say its a different situation. Keep up.

It has more to due with the fact that for a race to be made playable, they have to be unplayable first.
Neutrality is not a factor in this.

This doesn’t mean we have to call it a day and forget about the alliance affiliated high elves. Blood elves existing doesn’t mean we should disregard high elves.
If you want to do that, go ahead. But that doesn’t mean others should.

It’s a criteria, I totally understand it as it makes sense for you to see LFD as a specialized version of a core race. But it’s a criteria made by you for you.
Void elves, blood elves, orcs, tauren, etc. would continue doing their thing with or without high elves being playable.
If people do not want to play a void elf, and would rather play a high elf, that’s fine as it is their personal choice.

There isn’t a competition though.

You’re going down a slippery slope with this comment. It has nothing to do with A vs H population and I’m not trolling? What?
If playable high elves were to drop void elves to a 0% playrate, it would not be the players fault.
I could essentially say playable high elves will drive the void elf population up and that would hold the same validity as what you said.
These are basically rules you’re making for other people.

1 Like

…Duh. Thats how something works. The issue is that unlike ALL those examples, high elves have the wonderful issue of their likeness being 90% playable on the opposite faction.

UNLIKE goblins, vulpera, worgen, pandaren, etc during their releases.

No it means that the high elves have to change.

Because LFD is a specialized version of Draenai. Its why less people play it then actual draenai.

Besides it wasnt a criteria; I was saying high elves would make void elves a specialized allied race because high elves are more general than void elves.

WHATS THE CRITERIA?

Thats not how that works or what that means. For identifying it as supposed criteria, you also really bad at applying it to ana rgument.

Two races that are from the same model that basically rely on the same playerbase as one another isnt competition?

No, but saying “its okay if X race hits 0% playability” is levels of bad logic. Its why I asked if you were trolling, because it makes no sense as a good argument.

It would be Blizzard’s fault for make two races on the same faction with the same model that generally compete for the same playerbase that plays the one in existence.

That doesnt make any sense according to actual logic though, so you cant make that argument.

High elves would have access to more classes and fit more in line with the “Alliance high elf fantasy” that many void elf players use that race for. So yes, you could make that argument…but it would be a really bad one.

“Oops”.

[/tenchars]