Just give the alliance high elves already

No, I’m just pointing out how ridiculous claiming nightborne are a matriarchy because of their leaders’ gender.

And no, Blizzard said they took inspiration from drow. They took inspiration from real world Steppe peoples for orcs, that doesn’t make orcs literally Kazakhs.

wooo. i say belves/nelves/nightborne are like drizzt’s type of drow. :sunglasses:

correct. haha.

your argument goes like this:

i say the sky is like a blue color today.
you say no, the sky color is blue like today.

haha.

Nathanos is champion of the banshee queen. Made pretty obvious he was under her.

Malfurion tried to forbid tyrande from freeing illidan, which shows that he was not under her command.

Tyrande not relenting shows they were equals, and she does not have to listen to him.

The similarities between night elves and drow boil down to matriarchy, tbh, which is not as absolute as the drow one; it’s more of a tendency than a law. Nightborne are a closer fit, especially the legion friendly antagonists in Suramar, but, belfs tend to fit it best.

correct, but does she ever listen to him?

really? now see, i think belfs are more traditional. isnt that interesting. is there alot of court intrigue and infighting amongst blood elves, other than the exile of the void elves? and can ya blame 'em, the velfs almost accidentally ushered in a void lord invasion via the sunwell lol

void lords do to worlds what you see in outlands. chunks ripped off, yanked to the twisting nether.

That doesn’t make them drow. The only thing that made it through the development process was the purple skin. Everything else about them draws from wood elves, especially Warhammer Fantasy’s.

Taking inspiration from something doesn’t mean it is literally the same thing.

3 Likes

Case study 1: malfurion ordered tyrande and maiev to stop their disputes.

Case study 2: tyrande wants to stop maiev from chasing illidan, and was stopped by malfurion.

There may be more, but these 2 popped up to my mind.

its a process. likely all major mmorpgs take inspiration from dungeons and dragons, which took inspiration from tolkien, who took inspiration from european and middle eastern folklore.

they listened?? amazing.

But dnd wasn’t based on tolkien! That was brought in later, dnd is based more on Conan and low fantasy

They did. For that particular mission in wc3.

They all know it wasn’t the time for that as they were being attacked by naga at that time.

Nah, nothing in belf society is as, well, extreme as in the drow one, but it’s also a much smaller and thus more fragile population. Mechanically it functions in similar enough ways that a drow would find their way around belf society well and a belf would function well enough in drow society, provided both changed their respective appearences. The religious tendencies are more recent, but, all in all, Silverymoon has become more similar to an Underdark metropolis over the years rather than less.

You’re not wrong with the Drizz’t comparison, though non-evil drow exist aplenty in Lolthite society as well. Canonically, even. You just have to be willing to do evil deeds to advance in it, which in DnD includes outright murdering everyone who isn’t on your team. In WoW, we don’t call THAT evil, we call that Horde vs. Alliance.

if i say this forum’s background is mottled brown, would you argue that point? haha.

Yeah but Blizzard have been pretty blatant in their “inspiration” from GW properties. There’s even a longtime theory that WC1 was a WHFB game that GW pulled the plug on.

That is not a theory. I’m old enough to remember the news articles on that.

That seems correct so no.

https://archive.org/stream/DragonMagazine260_201801/DragonMagazine095#page/n13/mode/2up

I found the “Ring Trilogy” . . . well, tedious. The action dragged, and it smacked of an allegory of the struggle of the little common working folk of England against the threat of (certain german ruler/party) evil. At the risk of incurring the wrath of the Professor’s dedicated readers, I must say that I was so bored with his tomes that I took nearly three weeks to finish them.

Gandalf is quite ineffectual, plying a sword at times and casting spells which are quite low-powered (in terms of the D&D game). Obviously, neither he nor his magic had any influence on the games. The wicked Sauron is poorly developed, virtually depersonalized, and at the end blows away in a cloud of evil smoke . . . poof! Nothing usable there.

:astonished: mon dieu, sacrilege! :rofl: