Just give the alliance high elves already

Huh? What are you even talking about?

/blinks

you dont know about undead customizations ? you know about that! i dont get any. and i dont get my high elves either. or my half elves. i have 2 choices - play on a faction thats just got done trying to genocide night elves or look like i was drowned in a vat of blueberries haha

4 Likes

No, I know about the customizations.

What I don’t know is why you’re bringing this up when I criticized on a lore argument.

Oh… nvm, you’re just going off a tanget just to go off a tangent…

i’m having a pity party. :partying_face:

So… a regular Tuesday.

A Tolkien connoisseur once told me the Belves act remarkably similar to the elves described in the Silmarilion and other works different from LotR. The “wood elf” trope with typical elves typically making friends from the good of their hearts with humans is basically an extrapolation of Legolas, not a race trait per se.

You can have the high Elves but Sethrak would obviously be Horde

that wasnt nice. lol

1 Like

I’m sorry but at this point all you are saying is “Your points are fanfiction that doesn’t fit MY fanfiction”

We know High Elves are as a whole around 10% of the remaining Thalassian population at the time. So unless you literally believe that Umbric’s group is MORE than that -meaning that Lor’themar exiled at least MORE than 1/8 of the CURRENT Blood Elven population- IDK what to tell you.

Entirely subjective and pointless. Cause just like Kul’tiras and Zandalar as irrelevant before BfA… or the Broken Isles before Legion…

Again with the argument that because “they aren’t on the current war it means they are not alliance.” It’s a silly argument, not only because it revolves around the attention span of a goldfish, but because it assumes groups can’t change their current political involvement -like most AR we actually have, you know- or even the level of it -Like Dark iron and arguably, maghar-

Yeah, not a lore argument. So irrelevant.

Proved unsurmountable? They could literally solve it by allowing behavioral and lifestyle differences to influence model representation -which evidently isn’t how EVERY character of that race looks, but a representation of an ideal average-

Different posture of even animations are behavioral, body shape is related to lifestyle and customization is to cultural context; You could end with a model as different as the Nightborne one.

Proven unsurmountable? No. Biological essentialism is simply a desigh choice.

https://i.imgur.com/TRN8KYy.png

LoL. apparently gasligthing now is pointing out the differences between female NB and NE on the same pose and armor are negligible.

13 Likes

Also you can put them on the same pose -since they share like every other pose but the standing one- and it’s even more evident how close they are.

Appearance wise, NB are no more different from NE that different human ethnicities are from each other.

5 Likes

I really wish people would quit using the term gaslighting in an argument about elves in a video game. It’s not the proper use for it.

3 Likes

You realize I already said that it changed them at a genetic level so that their kids are born green right?

1 Like

I agree

1 Like

Yeah, but Fyre’s gonna Fyre.

5 Likes

Nobody can Fyre best the way Fyre does it.

Eh, not really. They share some similarities, but, the Noldor and the Belves are a wide stretch apart in what they’re willing to do and what not. The Belves are more akin to Forgotten Realms’ drow than anything Tolkien wrote.

That said, Tolkien’s actual wood elves were highly xenophobic and viciously territorial. You see it in LotR, too. Legolas isn’t nice. He’s polite with his comrades and focused on the mission, but, you don’t really see him warming up to his companions until very late, and when he does, it’s a big deal -because- it’s so abnormal.

1 Like

Apart from sharing none of their defining characteristics?

Unless I missed all their slavery and worshipping of spiders and intrigue and general evilness.

1 Like

Also the abscence of slavery.
Or aversion to sunlight.
Or the extreme matriarchy.
Or how they hate other elves.

1 Like

Really? Thats your argument?

It seems you do not understand the horde thematically if you think horde should only consist of “monster” race.

Also, worgen exists on the alliance.

2 Likes

male gnome is a thing as well