Just give me a lil' more for Void Elves, please

Why people are so upset about this.

Give more to Void Elfs
Give more to Blood Elfs
Give more to Orcs
Give more to every race in the game.

We all like customization options and we all want more in the future, let people ask for what they want and let blizz decide what fits the game.

6 Likes

belves get jewelry

“Why can’t void elves have jewelry its the same model”

It will never stop and all these arguments for it seem like trying to make this happen, even if their intent isn’t, will always result in our race getting stolen from.

That’s why specifically High Elves as an allied race isn’t a good idea. We already have them.

Seriously have you not looked at the VE customizations? All they have are new skin colors and blue eyes… compare that to Orc/Troll/NE … Asking for new hairSTYLES is a must, along with non-BE “tighties” I mean c’mon … but it’s still early in the … Beta? I’m sure that will be fixed… … I’m sure…

3 Likes

One thing as a Dark Ranger second visual theme supporter (I really like this route with Velonara as context and citation for player agency) a lot of HE fans from what I have witnessed seem to be under the impression BE customization should be ‘held hostage’ until they get more things as well. And the key difference to me being, BE fans still need a second visual theme, HE fans want more on a second visual theme they just got so my only complaint is BEs the core race shouldn’t be having to share attention as far as cool stuff being added for them during core race customizations.

I also quite like the Kul Tiran hair being the route they go with VEs in the future when ARs and they get touched up on as a whole shrugs

3 Likes

Void Elves are an allied race, blizz said they weren’t going to even be doing much for allied races at this time, so no one should be thinking that they deserve more now.

2 Likes

Hard to argue. Though Dark ranger skins and eyes would be a hard sell for sharing. Much like the void skintones and such.

Could help.

Give blood elves unique things like glowing arcane runes, dark ranger, (and hopefully san’layn) customization options. Those would be things that wouldn’t be shared with void elves even if they’re given some- well, I won’t even say new since they wouldn’t be something freshly created, but ‘shared’ hairstyles, whether they take them from blood elves, night elves, humans or whatever other pre-existing race.

I really don’t understand the snooty, “they can’t have OUR hair colors!” attitude. Out of genuine (if a little morbid) curiosity…say Blizzard DOES, by either launch of Shadowlands or in a later content patch, give void elves access to more hair colors or styles…will those same players stamp their feet in outrage and immediately delete their blood elf characters in protest? I strongly suspect not, just as I wouldn’t throw a tantrum and delete this character if, for some weird reason, Blizzard decided to give the Alliance a race of Forsaken-looking undead. If the only thing that made you roll Horde was wanting to be a stereotypical high fantasy elf, well, there you have it.

2 Likes

Yes, But how many corrupt Naaru do you think they are just lying around. I could see perhaps a process similar to Alleria’s but not the same as our player characters do not possess the power that she has. I also don’t think Velen, and the Draenei, would be down with the corruption and killing of Naaru’s just to be like Alleria.

Farstrider and Runic tattoos I would say should be shared. Both have plenty of claim to that heritage.

I mean of course it won’t use a Naaru. But in the rift they have near direct access to the void… They can pull creatures from it to use for the process. Locus-Walker has Alleria go for the naaru because it’s there and strong enough for the purpose not because it’s the only way.

I think all the elves should have the ear options, in all honestly.
The clipping on the ears is horrendous and I would hide those things in a heartbeat if I could.

5 Likes

As far as Void Elves go, I’d maybe go for the more common/basic colors such as white, black, platinum blonde and maybe a shade or two of brown, but any of the other more defining colors Blood Elves have such as their bright reds and golden blondes I would leave alone, as they fit neither the Void Elves or the High Elves aesthetically.

For Void Elves I’d rather lighter pastel colors such as lavender, powder blue, pink, etc to give them a more cosmic and otherworldly appearance in contrast to the Blood Elves more earthy and firey tones, as I’d like to see the actual Void/Space aspect of their aesthetic expanded on as well.

While there will inevitably be some crossover between the two races, the Void Elves don’t need absolutely everything from the Blood Elves toolbox, and I believe both races should have some capacity to look unique to each other.

As far as hairstyles go, Blood Elves may have great hairstyles, but the rest of the Alliance does too, so if an exchange between the Elf races doesn’t happen, Night Elves, Draenei and both kinds of Humans have more than enough to offer for more traditional High Elf appearances, yet again distinct from Blood Elves.

2 Likes

You know Im starting to think just because fans want the hair colors so the High elf aesthetic can be complete you think they want everything from them, jewelry,hair styles,green eyes etc. I for one only want the hair colors nothing else and most people also want only the hair colors. Every race has them at the end of the day, even night elves get blonde/amber hair color in shadowlands. So natural hair colors aren’t tied to just blood elves. Saying it’s gonna blur the lines making it impossible to distinguish them isn’t accurate, they are already indistinguishable when wearing full armor. And void elves also have their void form in combat that is getting activated every minute.

7 Likes

I have seen all of these requested.

You say this like it brings some sort of right into a demolished situation.

Are you just sort of pretending or is this really you saying what you want and you just don’t see exactly what’s happening?

Void elves skin color: blue and now, blood elf

Blood elf skin color: just blood elf

You have to deny this fact or distort it to get past the claim that you’re trying to lay down, that supposedly void elves somehow aren’t stealing the aesthetic (model), textures, (face), and now you want the normal hair colors so you can forget you’ve ever been a void elf.

Keep dressing it up to yourself or others, it’s what’s happening, and what has happened so far.

3 Likes

I think people also forget these are in fact Blood Elves. The first generation of Void elves were blood elves changed by the void. The new generation are both High and Blood Elves who weren’t changed physically. And I don’t really care about these options since I’m not gonna use them, but with the hair colors added the high elf requests will be done and over.

Edit: I’m just trying to explain that they can add the skin and hair colors without any problem if they know how. Here’s another thing: the blue eyes for void and blood elves are different. Void elves will have blue eyes with a Saphire tint in them, blood elves will have eyes with a turquoise tint in them.

Edit: also the faces hopefully won’t stay and most likely won’t. Same as the underwear and nail polish. They will be changed from the blood elf ones to the void elf ones. Keep in mind it’s only been a week since they added the skin tones and that was in the alpha. Now we are in the beta so changes will happen.

3 Likes

Void Elf and non-DK Blood Elf male faces 1-8 were always identical (aside from coloring). Blood Elf female face 5 has different lips than Void Elf female face 5 (the VE one actually looks better IMO) but other wise the female faces 1-4 and 6-8 are indeitcal.

Beyond that, Blood Elves just had 2 extra face options that were slight variations on existing ones and 3 more that were copies of some of the previous ones but with the yellow eyes.

Faces 9 and 10 are very very minor variants and Void Elves will be getting those.

I would not expect anything to change with the faces, but Blizzard already stated that the underwear would be changed to the Void Elf undies.

The last 3 blue eye options that Void Elf and Blood Elfs have in the beta are identical. The Blood Elf ones used to be more teal in earlier iterations of alpha but this changed to be identical between them not so long ago. You can compare them and confirm in the wowhead dressing room. Void Elf eyes 6, 7, and 8 are identical to Blood Elf eyes 16, 17, and 18 respectively.

Blizzard’s intent seems to be to have quite a bit of cross-pollination between Blood and Void Elves. And while I would not expect any Blood Elf exclusive hairstyles to be shared with Void Elves unless Void Elf hairstyles are also shared with Blood Elves, I would not be surprised if either that happened, or if Blizzard decided to give Void Elves some hairstyles from Humans that Blood Elves also have.

2 Likes

Funny the barber can change your gender and skin color

But hair dye is beyond their capability

5 Likes

It’s highly likely Void Elves will get more hair color options so I wouldn’t worry too much about that.

4 Likes

Personally I don’t think this is quite fair, why shouldn’t Blood Elves get VE hairstyles regardless with nothing for VEs in exchange as is its extremely skewed on who is sharing and who is receiving things from sharing.

2 Likes

I know. But the void skins have 8 face options, so the pale ones should also have the same faces when using them not different ones.

I don’t disagree with you Lann but I’m not sure Blizzard is looking at it like that or even cares about “fair”.

I could totally be wrong here… but I have a sneaking suspicion that all Blizzard might ever do with the derivative allied races going forward is let them inherit most stuff from their parent races and share anything unique to them with their parent races where possible.

It’s the simplest, quickest, cheapest and most low effort way to increase customization options for the allied races. It’s hard to imagine Blizzard not being tempted to do this. I don’t want this to happen, but I fear that it might.

2 Likes