**Just get rid of ALL borrowed power systems!**

I’m not sure which is worse, losing them at the end of an xpac, or having them ONLY work in the new xpac’s content (apparently SL borrowed power won’t work in Legacy content).

Edit, Blizz reversed their idea of locking SL borrowed power to SL content.

1 Like

No it isn’t.

Strength/Agility/Intellect, Armor, Stamina.
These are not borrowed powers. We build them continuously – from gear to gear, from expac to expac. These are permanent abilities: always with us, never taken away.

The same is not true for Artifact powers, corruption, etc. These are not permanent. And it is these that players are tired of working on, building, relying on, only to have them all taken away when the expac ends.

Players want more permanence. And “button bloat” is a poor reason for not having it. Many good ideas for avoiding it have been posted.

Basically, Bluzz has found an easy way to keep players on one treadmill after another (not a substitute for story-moving content), manipulating player time and exploiting player love for (addiction to?) the game.

2 Likes

ArP, Hit, Expertise, Parry, Dodge, Multi-strike, MP5, Spirit, etc. I guess all those were borrowed power.

Until button bloat comes back, and players complain about having 75+ keybinds again…

Players have found new click-bait to complain about. In their never ending campaign to prove “wow is dying” since 2004.

Love this. How many classes and specs have talents that are trash or offer nothing of substance? How about working on those and stop adding more clutter that doesn’t matter in the form of borrowed power, along with some new abilities?

1 Like

You seem kind of irritated. What’s up?

I enjoyed artifact weapons a lot but they were also a mistake as Blizzard clearly could neither handle their retirement or replacements.

1 Like

I remember the days way back in MoP when all you had was simple equipment drops, a badges vendor (badges were such a simple and nice system that worked nicely) and a simple “spend badges to add a few I-level to an old piece of gear to keep it relevant longer”.

No RNG, no convoluted shiny flashy UI elements, none of that junk.

It worked, and worked well.

But no, they had to scrap all of that, and keep throwing pasta at the wall until they find something that sticks.

Why?

Who knows. “Innovation” is probably what they’d call it.

Wish they’d just go back to simple drops&badges.

3 Likes

Losing the covenant stuff after SL is over makes sense and I’m fine with that .

Them reverting has nothing to so with post SL . They were going to have it so you couldn’t use your SL abilities out of SL zones and they have never done that before .

I feel like MoP was the last time I had a really super enjoyable time playing/gearing my main and many, many alts.

The 1 xpac borrowed power is getting kind of tiresome.

That is what the vast majority of players consider borrowed powers .

These systems that are needed now to make our classes and specs whole that go away at the end of these last couple of expansions and the one we are going into are borrowed power . Gearing is normal progression as you progress you get better gear.

Even tier was normal progression because it was never make or break . All tier did was enhance already complete toons like icing on a cake.

Artifact weapons, azerite, essences , covenant soul binds and conduits, those are more like half of the ingredients to make a cake and the wet ingredients at that .

Without these current borrowed systems our classes/specs are dry at max level and good luck doing anything besides sitting in the Goldshire Inn or the AH for content.

If gear was this game’s only borrowed power, there’d still be reason to keep playing instead of being strung along by manufactured FOMO

2 Likes

To be fair, they did this on Argus.

You got special powers from the spaceship that could only be used on Argus and nowhere else (though THAT actually makes sense, lorewise. Kinda hard to order an orbital bombardment while you’re on Draenor or what-not).

A lot of casual players just don’t understand all these extra systems. The end result is characters that are permanently gimped and uncompetitive. I wish the only thing that mattered was gear.

2 Likes

It is sad when people say that though, that some streamer must have made a vid and thats why someone would post something that many in the community agree with.

Simple idea here.

Make a special expansion only talent row where you can earn 3 or 4 active abilities that you earn while leveling . Make them changeable like regular talents , make it was say while you do more rep from the faction/s that gave you the abilities you can increase the rank of said abilities .

When the following expansion comes out , those abilities go a way and are replaced by new ones .

THis would give a more palpable form of borrowed power that people could experiment with . THis would also give us new abilities each expansion without the bloat of the past.

That was a zone . THey have never had a full on system where none of it has worked outside of the expansion zones.

Artifact and Legiondaries could be used in LEgacy content same with all of the BfA stuff. Now say they were to make the Covenant signature abilities only useable in the specific covenant zones like garrison abilities then yes that would make sense.

I did say I was joking.
But it seems to have been the trend, maybe not with this, other threads I’ve seen literally copy-n-paste a youtube/streamer video and echo it.

That doesn’t mean their post is any less credible though.