**Just get rid of ALL borrowed power systems!**

All of it. No more Legendary weapons, azurite coke snorts (that only last 1 xpac) or convoluted hamster wheel covenants. *Designing these systems is only ticking us off and bleeding your coffers/reputation/time, when you could just be designing fascinating environments, dungeons, lore, raids, …maybe several new fricking battlegrounds??..and other stuff that you used to focus on.

The only borrowed power I want to see in the game is the stuff alchemists sell me, the stuff enchanters sell me, the stuff I get buffed with in situational zones for a minute or two, ETC.

I sure hope this isn’t all you are working on now that you’ve delayed the game, because these borrowed systems are not going to make the majority of the player base happy. They are a control-freak’s spin on hyper-managing the decisions of players–who at this point are almost all adults/pros who are probably better at paying the game than the devs–and it makes us grumpy.

Keep it simple stupid.

145 Likes

Guessing Asmon made a vid?
(joking :sweat_smile:)

Borrowed powers are in tier sets and other places too… But I think the whole reliance on the Artifact Weapon format is getting tiresome.

What is worse is they admitted it feels bad losing those powers. BUT STILL DO THIS STUPID SYSTEM.

Logic is thrown out the window

19 Likes

You realize gear is borrowed power right?

7 Likes

Haha…shudder, I wouldn’t know.

I’m sorry, but this is a silly argument. Gear doesn’t exhibit all the problems that these overcomplicated, bloated systems do.

57 Likes

Than lets talk about how most of the problems in these systems are being removed in SL.

1 Like

Wish they’d spend all the time they are spending iterating on conduits etc, on actually revamping the talent system. Make me actually not lose talents I work towards all expansion.

Keep it simple but make it proper. They bit off WAY too much.

14 Likes

You hit the nail on the head. That’s exactly what I want too.

4 Likes

Yeah it’s odd. Their explanation even for THE MAW currently made me feel like it was what they wanted to do… problem is that it’s BARREN.

It’s HELL, fill it with mobs… make it actually dangerous… give me tasks to do that feel meaningful there.

Makes me wonder if they are even the right team for an MMO to begin with, with how many things they repeat.

5 Likes

“Borrowed power” is a term people are using to differentiate between the standard gear and the systems that are added as a replacement to the usual addition of talents and abilities you used to get with an expansion.

I have no idea why I have to explain that. I’m guessing people are being intentionally ignorant for trolling reasons.

It’s not even a borrowed power problem really. Rather a bunch of poorly designed, overcomplicated, obnoxious systems problem. All MMOs I’ve seen have gear. What they don’t have is an eternal never ending grind to nowhere that ends just drains all semblance of enjoyment out of an otherwise exellent game.

28 Likes

The current direction going into Shadowlands does not appeal to me at all. It makes me tired instead of optimistic and not what I want to my entertainment. Not sure who they design the game for but fun is not one of their goals obviously.

8 Likes

Systemslands will be dead on arrival. Maybe blizz will learn something but seems like they only see money

17 Likes

Amen to that. I’d honestly be okay with them making it a super dangerous, dark-soulsy sort of hard in certain areas, as long as the rewards weren’t mandatory to avoid being a punching-bag with other players elsewhere.

The Maw kind if reminds me of the vibe I have when I see what shopping malls have turned into…semi-creepy, barren, yes…and desolate.

K whatever dude. Blah blah.

1 Like

I think they put in the rewards because it’s a fail safe to assure them of participation in the zone.

''Look John, 80% are participating in the Maw, it’s a SUCCESS!"

But they fail to understand that an icon on the top that insta kills you if you stay too long is… not fun and makes zero sense if the place is EMPTY with like one or two mobs and 1 thing to do (find souls), and some other unimaginative things.

2 Likes

I hate to be that guy, but I’m actually not that adverse to the borrowed power systems. Otherwise they just keep adding stuff and eventually it leads to bloat. I also do think it’s neat to have systems to build upon and work together. Gives each expac their own flavor.

Now the issue that I see with SL, is that they’re trying to maybe do too many systems all at once. Which is… brave of them, but I think we’re starting to see it backfire.

Regardless, no matter how it all turns out, I’m looking forward to SL.

4 Likes

snickers

No they aren’t…

15 Likes

I think when people say borrowed power they don’t mean gear. Gear is replaced every patch. What I don’t want is the stupid expansion long system that goes along with the borrowed power. When you have a piece of gear that lasts the entire expansion and your other gear is reliant on that expansion long piece…it just sucks. It sucks.

I get that, just clearing that point up.
Blizz made a point not long ago that they recognized losing these expansion specific abilities feels bad.

Why then, are we still doing it and not just using that dev time to think of a more efficient yet meaningful way to further the specs.

Sometimes, I just can’t with their lack of logical thinking :confounded:

4 Likes

It’s crazy comparing the same class or spec to itself before different expansions.

When you start leveling in Shadowlands, compare your character to when you started leveling in BFA. Or Legion. It will appear very similar. It’s just your character with no borrowed power.

Is that fun? Why should my character from 4 years ago look the same as my character a month from now? It’s just not fun.

Why even have more leveling each expansion? It serves no purpose. Learn your class for the first 50 levels, and then never level again. You get nothing by leveling and you get no permanent power through your 2 years of work each expansion.

7 Likes

Take 10 more imaginary likes :heart:

1 Like

I have to agree with the sentiment of getting rid of these new power systems every expansion. I see what they are going for, a way for us to feel a sense of character progression through the content, but then we just need to give it up, and start over from scratch on the next one.

Other MMOs, like Elder Scrolls Online for example, do a fine job of creating expansions that bring new content without having to re-invent the wheel each time. In that case they do it by introducing new armor sets, which allow players to theorycraft new builds. And new trials (raids) with new mechanics to work out. But at the same time, the raids and gear from previous expansions, even base game stuff, still matters and can still be relevant to certain builds.

WOW has some of the best raids and best raid mechanics. I think if they just focused on that more, and maybe even went so far as to scale the whole world so that old raids and stuff were still relevant and challenging content, that might be amazing.

I know people still want to be able to farm old raids, but I mean… if old raids were made relevant again and you could actually find groups/guilds running them, wouldn’t that be more fun then solo farming unchallenging content? But even if people really really wanted to be able to steam roll thru old stuff on their god power characters, they could use some kind of chromie time thing to let people set a raid to trivial.

6 Likes