"Just don't buy it. It won't affect you"

Quite a bit of misinformation and bad maths above. If you level to 30 you can grant 15 levels, not 30. And you have to be higher level than the character you’re granting levels to. Also, levels gained through the grant do not count towards granting any further levels.

Anyway just because a bad system was added at the very tail end of TBC doesn’t justify a 58 boost in TBC Classic. They’re not using the attunements of that point in TBC, or raid encounters. So no reason they would use RAF.

You get one character to 60 through leveling, your friend levels a character to 30, he gets 30 levels from the 60, the new 60 does the same thing to the other players level 30. And so on. It’s a chain reaction that was abused. Trust me, when brother got our prigional vanilla account in late tbc/early wrath we did this. It was stupid.

Edit: when recruit a friend launched it counted levels gained from the token as leveled earned. I know from personal experience.

1 Like

You’re confused about how this works. Only the recruit can grant levels. You can’t each be each other’s recruit.

Also, for the second time, levels gained through being granted don’t count towards granting levels to someone else.

It did at the start of it. Intentional or not, it worked that way before wotlk, it may have changed later, but I got 3 characters to 60 on a new account in a week because of it when I had to change to a new account and my brother got the old one.

1 Like

You can say whatever you want, but it didn’t. I tried to abuse them Hell out of the system.

1 Like

Maybe you didn’t use it in time? I used it right when it came out. Didn’t bother after the 3rd 60, as I only leveled the other 2 as professions. Alts and didn’t feel the need for more after that.

Nah you’re just misremembering.

So say you recruit someone. They level to 60. You level to 30. They can grant you 30 levels to hit max. And that’s it. You can’t grant them anything. You can have multiple recruits though…to kind of game the system.

Actually the max in TBC would be 70 so adjust the numbers a bit, but you get the idea.

Must have had some bugs on launch then because I KNOW I did it the way I described. And it’s not all that surprising because we saw what bugs guild banks launched with…

Also, I have 2 brothers, so I got recruited by the main account, and I recruited the second brothers account (3 total), so maybe that’s what bugged it?

You’ll have to spell that out for us since no one here has played an MMO before.

1 Like

If you’ve only played retail then yeah you’ve never played an MMO before

2 Likes

You just don’t get it Furkk. He said it’s “obviously false”. There’s no arguing your way around that, bud. It’s obvious, he said so.

2 Likes

Yeah, bots being able to buy 58 lvls and get right to botting won’t affect anyone :roll_eyes:

Lol

2 Likes

the profit margin on buying the 2 month sub and also a 60 dollar boost and then botting and getting caught is minimal at the very best.

this whole thing is blown way out of wack.

the boost is limited.

the boost gets you only to level 58.

the boost gives you very crappy greens that are probably less powerful than what you would get leveling the "right’ way right now.

it gives no power increase compared to what you would get normally.

it gives people who dont want vanilla classic the ability to catch up in level only (well 2 levels behind) to their friends and play the tbc content.

while it may affect you in terms of someone being clueless at the beginning of tbc how to play , you dont have to group with them. they will learn what they need from the 12 levels it takes to get to 70.

the gold selling bots is a red herring.

2 Likes

You really have trouble reading don’t you ?

The difference is most people can learn to drive without a GPS, but a small bunch of cowardly people will refuse to even drive without a GPS. There I fixed your dumb argument for you.

If you love the game so much why not just play it instead of wanting to add paid services to change it to suit your preferences ?

1 Like

you should read my post above yours.

I didnt know it was my idea to add the boost?

News to me.

I got 6 60s and 30k gold.

I dont need a boost.

I made an assumption and apparently I was off topic lol

No True Scotsman

Yeah, it’s not like the bots can just level 1-58 in 2 days real time or something

Lol

I love how everyone keeps using “b-b-b-but botters!” as a reason for why the boost is bad…even if bots couldn’t boost, they play 24/7 nonstop and with TBC reducing EXP requirements by 30%, they can level to 58 in 48-60 hours or so.

Considering the sheer number of bots that are run, it’s extremely unlikely that they will pay $20 or $30 or however much to boost every single bot, when leveling to 58 only takes a couple days for a bot.

2 Likes