"Just don't buy it. It won't affect you"

But what we do know is that blizzard did in fact back in the day specifically make changes to speed up and stream line leveling to get people into Outlands.

RAF, reducing exp to level, streamlining questing in lower level content etc… so boosts just seem like a logical extension of that.

2 Likes

Watch Kevin Jordan’s stream sometime. One of the two main designers of Vanilla. You might learn some things.

1 Like

Was he the guy who put recruit a friend in to completely bypass leveling?

A) that doesn’t make him an infallible god who did everything perfectly
B) what might have made sense then doesn’t make sense now

1 Like

You stepped on a butterfly in Un’Goro and now there’s a drought in Thousand Needles.

Way to go, you’re just as bad as a booster.

2 Likes

The typical troll tactic of deflecting, dodging, changing the subject.

Anyway, the old designers weren’t as oblivious to the effects of boosting as you’d like to think. They were simply governed by different values than 2021 Activi$ion.

2 Likes

Wow. What would you say if I disagreed with you, I wonder?

2 Likes

Who was the designer who would duel Paladins with his warrior and if he lost they would nerf Paladins?

O right, they were infallible so no point asking questions.

Just because they made a good game, doesn’t mean it was perfect and just because a change doesn’t appeal to me, doesn’t inherently make it a bad change.

1 Like

Where can I buy some Kevin Jordan pajamas??

1 Like

It’s so predictable how these forums work. Someone claims the original devs didn’t put in boosts for a reason. The standard trolls cry, “No proof. Supposition!! You don’t know that!”.

Provide proof and it instantly turns to, “ So what? The game wasn’t perfect. They can make mistakes!”

There’s no winning here. No matter what is said the trolls will just change their strategy and come at it from a different angle.

1 Like

The old designers were pretty oblivious to the effect of world buffs.

The old designers were pretty oblivious to the broken scaling of warriors.

The old designers were pretty oblivious with their concept of a hybrid tax.

I like Kevin Jordan. Doesn’t mean I have to toe his line at all times lol. I’m sure you could find some random OG dev who worked on classic and he’d say “The boost everyone is talking about? IDGAF, sure, why not”

1 Like

You mean someone different responded differently to different things?

GASP!

1 Like

Pointing out very correctly that the original devs did in fact make mistakes is not trolling. Nor is pointing out that the same dev you seem to love so much was in fact there when they added RAF and exp reduction and streamlining. Nor is pointing out that in general the playerbase is quite different than it was 15 years ago and what might not have made sense then does now in the context of classic.

2 Likes

If the original devs were so great please explain orc Stun resist racial

1 Like

Explaining your position. Using reason. Not using insults.

All classic trolling tactics. You monster Ziryus, how long are you going to continue getting away with this?

1 Like

if you allow what other people do in the game, or what items they have in the game, affect you, then you’re not going to enjoy it as much as the next person.

be in a good place when you sit and start playing, and just concentrate on what you can control in game - yourself and your own enjoyment.

if someone killing an NPC just spoils your day, or someone “undercutting you on the AH” affects you, then the problem isn’t the act itself, but it’s you being too precious.

it’s a game. games are fun.
and being challenged and tested is a part of any good game.

I think it is reasonable to say that certain things will undercut the enjoyment of the game itself.

Being able to buy warglaives from the AH would undercut the value of having them drop. I can’t wait to see our fury or rogue boy sitting in Shatt with those bad boys on his back as a guild accomplishment. However if you could just buy it? That value would be completely lost since everyone could swipe it versus put in some effort to earn it. It is a status symbol if you will.

I personally don’t see any impact from someone else boosting to 58 because I think getting to 60 was a joke. I was literally consuming substances and putting that s3cond monitor to work the entire time. Someone else getting 58 doesn’t diminish my sense of accomplishment in the slightest. I would have a problem with a boost to 70 in TBC. that is my personal subjective assessment and I recognize that.

There is a fine line between meaningful effort and rewards versus the effort not being worth the rewards.

ya just don’t use the world buff in classic works every time

1 Like

You confuse blizzard doing things that increase their revenue stream with your feelings. Blizzard will get more subscriptions from the 58 boost than the handful of people who won’t play because of it. 90% of people whining about it are gonna stay subbed anyways

1 Like

8-05-08 (END OF TBC, but still tbc)

With the new Recruit-A-Friend program, you can, receive a FREE month of game time, and gain access to other exciting in-game benefits. From the moment your friend creates a character and starts playing, you’ll both earn triple the experience when grouped together and have the ability to summon one another from anywhere in the world. Also, for every two levels of experience your friend earns, they can grant one level of experience to one of your lower-level characters.

To start recruiting your friends, click [here]

For more details on the new Recruit-A-Friend …

BOOSTING WAD IN THE GAME IN TBC. It worked differently yes, but it was doable to multiple characters resulting in being able to boost multiple toons instead of just one. They version of boosting they are adding for tbc classic is LESS abusable than what we had back in tbc. All you winers don’t even know what your talking about when you say there was no boosts… it was just Ina different forum.

You and your friend would level to 30 each. Then boost each other from 30 to 60. This could happen for multiple tooms, not just one. As a note if you got two levels from the friend boost, it gave you another boost to use on them, which is why the boost would get you to level 60.