"Just don't buy it. It won't affect you"

This argument breaks down when state laws require certain changes be made to cars to help protect the safety of its owner and those on the road with it.

OP

Oh look, another anti-boost post that says the very same thing in summary as all the others.

2 Likes

That’s not really what they did with Tbc classic though.

They promise that with regular classic.

Tbc classic has been branded as its own game.

They’re making all kinds of changes to it.

Even the engine for both these games isn’t the old engine.

1 Like

And that’s why people are angry. Many of the people pushing for classic servers over the past years were asking for an authentic experience and Blizzard ripped that away from them. They have the right to be angry.

1 Like

Sure they have a right to be angry but what’s being done has nothing to do with what they wanted so they’re just throwing fits because blizzard isn’t listening to them specifically.

It does not affect you negatively.

If you are on a PvP server, then PvP happened.

It is a one-time boost that is available to anyone. it is not a WIN button. If you think you are at disadvantage because someone got a level 58 boost, then you’re in more trouble than you ever thought you were.

Thanks, I’ve been doing that every single day at the same time when a certain guild tries to reset Ony and Nefarian (they’re bold as to do it). I even got silenced for mass report - oh, and thanks to that, I got their MT banned for yelling offering people gold to report me for doing… PvP in a PvP server :wink:

Welcome to World of Warcraft, where people can undercut you with 10g without boosts.

Yes. You don’t need them. Don’t roll Lw. If you think you need LW prior to Sunwell Plateau, you’re in a lot more trouble than you imagine.

No, people laugh because that is one of the most idiotic comparisons and has no merit. It is simple troll.

You, like all the others can’t come up with reasonable thoughts on why you are anti-boost. You’re simply anti-boost because you’re an entitled, elitist and hater.

1 Like

You cannot shake that consumer mentality. It’s fine. I get it. I used to think the same way.

Fact remains that they make more in a shorter perior the other way even with slightly more overhead. Likewise you keep grasping at these numbers.
You are not considering that if they use South American accounts they only have to pay about 2 dollars a month in subscription fees (allegedly)
The fact that 20 dollars was a very low estimate for the current rmt according to those websites so the profit margins are even higher with less time wasted.
The fact that the boost will likely be more in the 25-30 dollar range and not 100…
The fact that they are in constant competition so it is less about safe and money saving as it is about quantity and money earning.

Like I said, it is the primary mindset of many to have a consumer mindset and not a business mindset. I understand it. A penny saved and all that.

You skipping 1-57 affects me because I have professions that I can use to passively generate gold and those professions are gated by levels. If everyone is able to skip those levels and immediately begin using lvl 50 crafting cooldowns its obviously going to massively lower the value of the cooldown and therefore negatively impact me and devalue the time I spent leveling characters so I could use those cooldowns.

And yea it does frustrate me that other people can PW2 boosts to devalue my time and effort. And that’s why I’m against the boost.

4 Likes

The boosted characters don’t start with any professions.

3 Likes

I’m tbc we had this system called recruit a friend, that you could use to level every character to 30, then jump all of them to lvl 60. The boost is one per account.

The boost is an improvement on the purpose that recruit a friend had, to get friends to play with each other in outlands. But it’s much more controlled from abuse by only doing it for ONE character per account.

You like to say there was no type of boosts in tbc. When there was, and recruit a friend may have taken more time to use by a bit, but you could fill your entire account with level 60 characters that skipped the 31-60 leveling, which is the longer part of leveling to 60. And they could do this for EVERY character.

So character boost where in tbc. It was just less refined.

2 Likes

Recruit a friend was WAY worse for abusing alt professions because it wasn’t limited to one character getting boosted, and that was the actual tbc character boost system, the lvl 58 boost they are proposing is one per character, so far less harmful for your complaint of getting past level 50 and abusing professions.

1 Like

Leaded gas comes to mind.

1 Like

Imagine being this entitled, holy crap lol.

Them being cheaper strengthens my case, not weakens it. Less cost = more accounts = more money.

Again, strengthens my case, not weakens it. More accounts = more gold = more money.

Live boost is $60, I very highly doubt classic boost will be less than that. If you have sources that indicate otherwise, please share them.

We’ve established that outside the first week (being generous) of operation running more accounts nets both more quantity and earns more money. The exceptions being Blizzard dropping banwaves once a week, or the boost + account costing less than 2 accounts.

A business exists to make money, not throw it away. If I told you I would pay you $1,000 a week starting this week, or $3,000 a week starting next week, which would your “business mindset” lead you to take?

Y’all really don’t know what pay to win is…

So your personal wealth is mine and everyone elses problem? Sounds like it’s YOUR problem.

Again, your issue. No one else’s issue.

Doesn’t really work. Guilds aren’t requiring you to boost to raid, they are going to largely require you to be leather workers, and nothing you listed as something that affects you is unique to a boost or relevant in TBC. There isn’t going to be a WB meta, so people purging you or killing the MC for an ony reset isn’t a thing to care about. Anyone can undercut your AH. My bank alt doesn’t need to be 58 to do that.

This is why folks are tired of the anti-boost crowd. Your arguments are impractical, irrelevant, or not a problem that removing boosts solves. People can do plenty to impact you in an MMO. So give us reasons unique to boosting that affect you, that aren’t problems you naturally ALREADY have.

1 Like

Some things I do in an MMO affect others. Other things I do in an MMO don’t affect others. Some things have a large effect. Some things have a small effect. Sometimes it’s a positive effect. Sometimes it’s a negative effect. Sometimes it’s alright to affect others. Sometimes it’s not alright to affect others.

I guess what I’m trying to say is QQ.

1 Like

Didn’t the two-seater flying mount not come out until Wrath? BC was just the Zhevra, right?

1 Like

Yea the rocket isn’t until WOTLK.

Are you being purposefully ignorant here? You cannot use those cooldowns until level 50. They are gated by those levels for a reason. It doesn’t matter that the boosted characters don’t start with professions, because the bulk of the barrier to entry to using those cooldowns is not the flat cost of leveling a profession, its the time investment of leveling to level 50.

There is a reason you could not buy boosts back in TBC, part of it was that it would greatly damage the economy.

4 Likes

That’s 100% speculation based off of your feelings you have actual no idea why boosts were unavailable then.

2 Likes