"Just don't buy it. It won't affect you"

never really played bc.

I think that was my original statement to the OP. “Why create yet another thread on a topic already being discussed?”

This need for certain people to create 100 different threads for the EXACT same topic is not only getting old, but it makes the pro-boost group look petty and despirate.

And yes, I realize there are a few on the other side of the dicussion doing it too, I wish we would all just stop,

Yet here we are. :slight_smile:

Basically.

It was easy because you could have your friend get a new acct or you.

Link the accts together to your original and xfer all the 60s off onto your acct.

It is way better than this boost. You can get all 60d of every class in like a week.

You also got a 2 seater flying mount.

You can summon your RAF partner to your location 1 time per hour too.

4 Likes

It didn’t require any gold to do the skip. Granted it helped, but there was no gold required. You just needed to be willing to pay for 2 accounts.

and it got you more than just a single character. If they brought back recruit a friend for TBC Classic I could get a level 60 of every class, probably on both factions, by the time the 90s days is up.

So let’s not go making excuses for RaF. The main thing that it was, was better value for the person buying it.

Every 2 toons that hit 60 could grant 30 free levels each also.

I see where you’re going, I just don’t see the merit in comparing 1 to 1 when that same $115 startup gives seven non-boosted accounts vs one boosted one.

Using the same math, $548 * 7 - 105 = $3731 for $105 non-boosted vs $1229 for $115 over the same time period. Even if we assume 4 get banned in the starting area, $548 * 3 - 105 = $1539.

But RaF also makes the argument that even in TBC, Blizzard saw that players did not want to grind out 1-58.

First they reduced the XP required for go from 20-60. Then added RaF with another XP boost.

Trust me, with the XP reduction and the RaF boost, and rested XP all stacking, you were NOT experiencing the old world content.

2 Likes

anti boosters got nothing now. lmao wrecked

4 Likes

Well, i prefer the 58 unique boost over RAF then :slight_smile:. IMO both are bad but RAF is OP.

1 Like

And that was part of the argument. Some posters keep saying, “But leveling was a core component of TBC and should not be skipped.”

Yet RaF was so OP, you basically flew through 1-60 and could repeat it over and over until the 90 days of game time was done. Within the first week you could have all 10 character slots filled with 60’s, and you got a free two-seater mount to boot!

And RaF was introduced in TBC, so was leveling really the “INTENT” of the game? If so why did Blizzard make it so easy to just bypass the whole 1-60 experience?

1 Like

If you were wanting to buy a vintage car and it had a built in GPS & power steering you would probably not want it. The classic car community cares about authenticity probably 100x as much as the WoW community.

1 Like

Sure if we were trying to release that antique version but classic TBC is the 2021 version and comes along with all the upgraded bells and whistles

2 Likes

You are looking at this through the prospective of a consumer… Sure I could spend 115 and get this… or I could spend 105 and get this… This is a pragmatic mindset and I understand it but this is now the mindset of businessmen.

Using the same logic: increased profit > increased overhead.

7 boosted bots at 1229 * 7 = 8,603 and that is assuming every single one gets banned (hah, right…)
vs
7 non boosted bots 548 *7 - 105 = 3731 (once again assuming all 7 are banned, hah)

This math still checks out. Profits… Now realistically I think we both know that these botting companies are not restricting themselves to 1 bot, or 7 bots such as this example or even 20 bots… Why limit your profit? The overhead is still incredibly low and Blizzards responsiveness by all admissions is so abysmal that the bot companies probably are not concerned with the cost of the boost feature.

Now, as a consumer - if you, being someone who may not have a lot of disposable income and being someone who intends to use a bot for personal use instead of making profit, wanted a more cost-effective solution (ie pragmatic) then yes, ignoring the boost would be the way to go because the overhead is much lower… But from a business perspective the math checks out and with Blizzard’s horrible track record, why wouldn’t they buy the boost?

Blizzard started to add more & more catch-up in late TBC which is (for me) the beginning of what we have now. WOTLK did the rest & catacylsm…

Too much bypass/skipping content lead to what we have now on retail : a bad players retention because you consume the content too fast. You consume it in few days while it take months/years to create.
Skipping content doesn’t fit in MMORPGs.

Private servers with x255 xp rate are a great example for this. Players come do what they want to, then leave. Usually those server doesn’t have a lot of active players. Meanwhile, “Blizzlike” servers have a lot of active players.

4 Likes

The money they use to boost a character is gained by botting retail.

How this works is a little strange but what they do is this…
1 account starts the train unless they have money for multiple battlenet accounts.

Then they buy more battlenet accoutns with the money gained from botting retail.

Then that money is used to buy boots in classic to skip all the pesky leveling.

Gold sales (legal gold sales) in Retail can be converted to WoW tokens in retail, and WoW tokens can be converted to battlnet balance.

Battlenet balance is as good as real money in terms of buying blizzard products and services.

Make sense so far?

Once the botters are established in retail, its cake for them to spread like a plague across both Retail and Classic because its a shared account, AND Gold is a universal currency in retail because it can be used to buy game time via the wow token or it can be sold legally to other players via the wow token so that they can use the wow token for battlnet balance to expand their botting empire.

They can even sell gold illegally (this is ultra common in retail) because they can under cut the AH slightly and people will pay it because blizzard does not bust buyers.

2 Likes

Extremely valid points.

if they were to break up the subscriptions and eliminate the WoW token to battlnet balance conversion, this would do worlds of good.

It would not end the botting problem, but it would certainly make it less bad.

if they really wanted to crack down on botting, they need to do the above and start also giving out bans to buyers.

Because the cost effective solution further increases profits.

1229 * 7 = $8,603 for $805
548 * 49 = $26,852 for $735

Regardless of how many boosted accounts they have, at $115 for startup, they could get seven non-boosted accounts for every one boosted one. Which is safer, generates more money and in this case costs less on startup. Unless they’re in the habit of throwing money away just for the sake of throwing money away, more accounts are the play a VAST majority of the time.

Except that we bought the car being told that they would attempt to make the driving experience as authentic as possible, which means no power steering, no power braking. Better A/C and such? Sure. No one wants to freeze to death in the winter. Changing how the car drives though? That just takes away the authenticity.

The 58 boost changes the driving experience. It in no way helps to preserve the driving experience of TBC.