"Just don't buy it. It won't affect you"

No they didn’t, they advertised it as great for people who aren’t interested in 1-58 and want to be in Outlands. That has nothing to do with casual or hardcore.

Yes and no, what if people that buy the boost have zero interest in playing the new races, and buy new accounts just to buy more boosts from those accounts? Will that effect players? Yes and it doesn’t really help players that want to play a new character with there leveling unless the boosted players are going to run them…for gold. This also includes dungeon runs. You think boosting is bad now? wait till tbc hits, you are looking at a gold increase from dailies alone. It does effect the players.

And I lied about the no, it 100% effects everyone.

1 Like

A more accurate statement is players effect other players, boosting doesn’t change that.

Everything bad you say boosting will cause also happens without boosting.

Leveling is a time sink sure but it’s part of the game, so is raiding, so is doing dailies. We don’t wanna skip those too. It’s part of the game.

1 Like

True but boosting causes it to happen at a much faster and inflated rate than it would otherwise, on top of all the normal occurrences that would happen if boosting wasn’t a thing. It compounds on itself.

2 Likes

Not really, it might increase some of it to some degree over a short period. To a degree you can’t even define since as you noted boosted characters aren’t even identifiable in game. And long term is has no impact, like i said someone having a few extra transmutes over months is meaningless.

Them not being identifiable in game has no relation to their effects on gold inflation, botting, AH economy, the effects on lower leveling zones, etc. Legit none. And transmutes aren’t meaningless as they provide BIS gear up to tier 5. But I’ve already gone over that. So unless you can actually counter any of my points I’m done here, not gonna run around in figurative circles.

1 Like

It has every relation boosts aren’t doing anything that wouldn’t be happening anyways. Their actual impact is so low you can’t even detail exactly what it is boosted characters will do that’s different from any other character.

Oh I wasn’t aware only boosted characters could do transmutes, well let me just change my entire opinion based on that massive change to game play which blizzard has yet to announce.

Thats true. People pretend it makes it worse but it really cant get any worse than it is now. 1 paid boost per account vs unlimited mage boosts and somehow the 1 boost is the problem despite all the ingame evidence we see right now.

But in the end I have to ask, what does a 58 going through the portal hurt me?

I didn’t even mention how pay to win it can actually be with people creating new accounts and using the 1 time boost there to funnel material to their mains.

But yeah, alright this is your last shot like I said. If you look at the post right above yours you’ll find four different ways they’ll impact other players. And with that I say goodbye!

1 Like

Which they can do without boosts if they are so inclined. So once again not an issue with boosting.

That’s fine, and when all the doom and gloom you are predicting doesn’t come true will you humbly admit you were just fear mongering? and that your real issue with boosts is just that you don’t like people not leveling the “right” way?

Boosting does effect the economy more then you realize, you thought the market was bad in classic? Can’t wait to see what it’s like when TBC hits. You thought spending 3kg was bad, ha, you are going to see waaaaay more gold being spend for items in comparison. It effects the players, you just do not realize how it will effect anyone. Or realize how exploitable it can be.

Profession mats should be cheaper with boosts. Injecting more profession alts increases supply which lowers cost

Not with the boom of demand for it.

Demand wil be roughly the same. And at worst the cost will be high upfront (as usual) and plummet as all those alts make more than they need

Actually a good thing for the broke.

Lets make up a person so you might understand.

Jim works a full time job and is only able to play on weekends. With only being able to play on weekends, for Jim to level to 60 in Classic would have taken months or spending most of his weekends doing nothing but leveling in wow. Jim doesn’t want to do that so he didn’t bother with Classic.

TBC is coming out and Jim loves TBC and would like to play. But like Classic if he wanted to lvl all the way to 70, it would take him months. Remember, Jim can only play on weekends. With the boost now 70 is a goal that he can hit without losing months worth of weekends. Jim has played Classic before back in the day and knows what the level experience is like. He doesn’t need to do it again. Only being able to play on weekends Jim can now find a casual guild that raids on weekends during the night, and during the day he can take the time to do some Heroics and work on his Character. Some player don’t believe that you can enjoy TBC with only playing on weekends, but Jim is having a great time.

Do you understand now or are you just going to go back to the argument “boost will have more people playing so the economy will be messed up”? Because that just sounds like you don’t want more people playing your game. Also are you playing Classic? The economy is already messed up.

It’s very tempting to use the logic that you’re applying here, but alas, it’s not real.

Paid boosts factually have zero impact on the game in a negative way, or effect the player population adversely. In fact, paid boosts are taking place daily. People are regularly spending thousands of gold to have there characters boosted. Most likely, people in your very guild. What’s the difference if its gold or real money? Or if it’s a service provided by blizzard or by players themselves?

Drums on the other hand are a problem that effect everyone. Peer pressure, or you lose raid spots. Just join another guild? Create your own. Okay, good luck with that. Drums do have an adverse effect on the player population and shift players bases goals and requirements to be apart of the team. Drums drive player behavior. Boosts on the other hand change very little about player behavior, other than people have more alts.

1 Like

Anti boosters don’t realize boosts are already in the game. After my first 60, I boosted 2 others via afk at the start of a dungeon watching YouTube or Netflix vids while a mage pulled everything.

If he doesn’t have time to play TBC optimally then he doesn’t have time and that’s ok. If he’s worried about losing weekends playing the game, what does he think he’ll be doing at max level? Spending his weekends playing. Kinda sucks yeah but putting in a highly exploitable system into the game for a small minority of people isn’t the way to go sorry. And you love putting words into my mouth, never said I don’t want more people playing.

1 Like

So the issue is casual players?

You are really over estimating how much time is needed to play at 70.

Edit:FYI the casual comment is a joke. I purposely took you comment out of context.