Just delete MW and Rdruid from the game

Blizz just doesn’t care about healer balance. The same 3 specs (hpal, rsham and disc) have been dominating for dozens of patches (with rare exceptions), and each new expansion and patch just seems to widen the gap.

Its just ridiculous that the leading specs have higher output even with extra utility. And now they are a ton better than the marginal specs in absolutely every kind of content in the game.

This gap has been so consistent along multiple patches that you can just trash the bad specs. MW and Rdruid are just traps for players to play trash specs and be unsatisfied. Make it clear: if you are going to play monk, it will be DPS or tank, in the end players will be happier.

5 Likes

That is literally in raid and why not just remove the utility that is making them insane? Deleting a whole spec instead of removing utility seems like a childish approach.

5 Likes

Paladins:

• High DPS, BOP, damage reduction, higher output, fre. A covenent ability that heals more than our healing cooldowns. VIrtually does not use mana. Tanky in pvp. Satisfying DPS+heal rotation.

Paladins have been the top healer for raid for like 5+ tiers except Uldir. They always have something broken, be it Glimmer of Light, Aura of Sacrifice… Even if they didnt have the high output, they would still appear in most tiers top guilds because of utility.

Shamans:

• Ankh totem, speed totem, root/slow totem, spirit link, earth elemental, stun, higher output. Very high mana efficiency. Has an interrupt, and the best in game.

They bring higher output with MW, but they also have a **load of invaluable tools for raid and m+.

Disc priest:

• Shields, DPS, DMG reduction, PI (not that high output). Tanky in PVP. Very strong PVP talents.

Disc is not as unbalanced as the others. While shields have huge utility, they are also mana hungry and their damage has been toned down (tough they now have PI). Disc`s raw output is not as high as sham or pally.

Monk

• Stun, ROP, a 2nd output cooldown that eats your already low mana. Crap damage. Crap covenant abilities. High effort, low reward and RNGy DPS+healing. Crap output even if they buff mana costs. Depletes mana. Squishy and low output in pvp.
2 Likes

They nerf SS 20%

Method already used 2 disc priests when SS didnt exist.

New patch new rule.

And? I don’t understand why posts like this exsist, so are you just hoping to see MWs in streams of the world first race or something? Atm MWs can do all of mythic CN and the top MWs io is over 2400. It’s over the top to say delete our spec just because we aren’t meta.

7 Likes

It doent work like that

There are 20 shamans over 2400.
The top 3 MW is 1900.
Dont pretend this doesnt say anything.

ok, just ask your raid leader to run sludge or stone legion with 3 mistweavers. It will be effortless. Raid scene already is quite competitive even far below the world first mark. Are you really advocating that it is fine to keep classes unbalanced as this? A worse player with the better class will perform better, get more spots, etc

1 Like

Stacking class is different from being viable. We run an rdruid but we wouldn’t stack them. Because you get no benefit aside from increased throughput.

You can just bring an extra rsham, they will bring higher output than the rdruid, and extra utility on top of it.

edit

i wouldnt bother it that only happened in one tier.

But druid and monk (and holy priest), which are the utility-less healers, have been losing in output to pallies and disc priests for at least 3 tiers in a row now.

The game is just too burst right now. It’s why MW and resto druid are weak. If they buffed stam or lowered burst it would be much stronger. In pvp we need some DR cooldowns and revival shouldn’t proc dispel protections.

2 Likes

Yes. Sucks having a big 3 min. CD we can’t use bc an Affy happens to be around. Terrible design.

2 Likes

That doesn’t mean anything lol, just because there aren’t 20 MWs doesn’t mean MW isn’t viable. That’s a stupid argument. MY point is that MWs can be used in any lvl of content. I’ve played MW since WOD and currently have 7 cutting edge as MW and all 5 KSM achieves as a MW. MW hasn’t been meta since what WOD? it doesn’t make any less strong to play. And I’m not like a unique MW, there are plenty others with those achievements so maybe don’t say like such a gloom and doom person. Also my guild has never once asked me to switch to another class in all the raids I’ve done, I would imagine there are plenty of guilds that are like that.

2 Likes

Druids were gods in BFA for keys the ENTIRE EXPAC, they have no reason to be removed. They feel fantastic in pvp too. I just wish their legendary felt better.
As for mist, it needs an entire rework. You could easily dump your entire mana pool into yulon during its duration. Weapons of order is costly. Bottom line, make mana tea baseline.
Im also of the opinion if you are a hybrid healer (hpal, disc) you shouldnt be doing as much healing as a straight throughput healer…Keep them competitive but give straight healing classes a reason to come to raid. If you could take a disc priest that does 8k hps and 2k dps over a holy priest that does 7k hps, youd bring the disc every single time, youd be dumb not to.

tbh removing classes is just stupid. No class is so bad that it literally can’t be played at a high level in pve at least

2 Likes

My main is a mistweaver and I love her to death. This is the first time I’ve played an alt healer. While mistweaver is viable I do believe they need a complete overhaul.

1 Like

They could just accept they don’t want to balance these into current meta and put the specs into like a dormant mode and let us convert our MWs into hpals in the meantime.

I think his point is that we are essentially never meta. The same healing specs are always meta purely because they always have the best output on top of having the best utility. If MW was given a better utility and CD toolkit we’d be in a much better, competitive place. Even if we were currently the highest throughput healer, that still wouldn’t compete with the plethora of utility that Hpal/Disc/Rsham bring to the table.

MWs issue comes from the fact that the fundamental design of the spec is, in all honesty pretty poor after it shifted from its initial MoP variant - and we just don’t have the toolkit that makes a healing role desirable in any form of content right now.
If we had some kind of DR cd, better damage output, or just any raid CD that did something other than just more pure healing, we’d be in a better state. But people don’t want that because of homogenization. Unfortunately homogenization is the easiest way to fix the issue outside of designing a unique utility that only MW can bring that is highly desirable.

A 20% nerf to SS isn’t going to change the incredible value it brings to a raid environment. It is undeniably one of the most broken abilities to exist in a raid environment at this point in time.

Low CD.
Lines up with a lot of raid wide mechanics.
Increases the effective health pool of players by a huge amount - effectively acting as a DR and throughput CD at the same time.
Can’t over-heal either so it’s incredibly mana efficient.

It brings WAY too much to the table for a 20% nerf to change its viability or bring it in line with other CDs and talents on the same row.

As someone who heals alongside a disc priest, it also takes a lot of enjoyment out of healing for others in the team, because every minute they essentially make the other healers redundant for an entire mechanic.

SS actually got more than just that.
The 20% means its just straight up a 20% hps decrease during you SS burst window (where you do 60+% of your hps)
then they also lowered the max shield to 11x sp instead of 60% of hp which is a big nerf

Yeah but disc traditionally scales extremely well with higher ilvl gear so I don’t think disc priests will vanish from many mythic raiding comps. The nerf is a sort of tuning for next raid tier so it isn’t as broken OP as it is now. It will still be very strong as consumed absorbs > reactive heals.

I have noticed SS is the cruelest to hot classes in terms of cutting hps. I think for rdruid you can preramp hots alongside SS and still do well but for mws I notice the #s on my priest. I think hot healers can bring a lot to a raid comp however.