Just Another Void Elf Paladin Please Post

I’d like to play my main on Alliance, that’s the simple desire, but in reality it’s just something that benefits people who enjoy roleplay or their character’s personal story in general.

2 Likes

Void elves are infused with void and therefore are blue and pale, the new options are not, which eludes to high elves.

No one knows what story implications the options have, you can’t immediately claim they’re “void elves”, because they might be void elves in name only :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Personally I think its better to not give void elves something that directly contradicts void elf lore, so that someone who wants to role play a high elf can play their preferred class on the alliance side.
I’m sorry if I come across mean but I’d rather the integrity of a void elf not be compromised upon for no particularly strong reason.

2 Likes

Best case scenario for you is they are less voidy than original void elves.
However it still makes little to no sense that they would study the void, take on the name void elf and then go “you know what, the void is silly, I think I’ll use the light from now on”

It surely isn’t the ideal solution. But in a world where this is being presented as our ‘high elves’, I feel like it’s a reasonable ask for the roleplaying community. No one is asking for a void elf to canonically use the Light. We want a better solution, but this solution does not automatically equate to gameplay mechanic = new canon. I mean, we have Lightforged Death Knights now. A void elf priest can use the Light in-game. That doesn’t mean they’re doing it canonically.

1 Like

Exept, Lightforged dk can work in the lore. They lose their light as they die then get ressed. Their racial can be seen as an outside source, like call to spaceship for aerial strike.

4 Likes

Elves are notorious for studying magic in general, just so happens that the void was taboo for them till void elves opened that door.

You can use the light and the shadow, our classes do it all the time. Hell, Lightforged Draenei death knights are literally the example you fight against but backwards, so it’s either lore is flexible or it can make sense :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

How about a Void Paladin class skin? Essentially, the Paladin class, but with Void spells instead.

The Horde could have the same class skin for Undead, for example.

5 Likes

Lightforged death nights make sense because they died.
The light left them at that point.

2 Likes

I’ve always wanted this as an option too.

2 Likes

And yet they explode Light when dying ?

Thats just a racial trait. Doesn’t mean much in the lore of the game.

2 Likes

So you agree that gameplay mechanic doesn’t equate to lore?

4 Likes

Then they’re just draenei death knights.

They’re specifically light forged as their racials continue to show, you can’t support that but oppose void elf paladins, that’s literally just cherry picking.

3 Likes

to an extent.
Those light forged still carry the history of the light forged and have a lore reason to be different. You can’t change the racials around that. But it follows the plot of a light forged.

However the request for paladins is different because there is no given lore reason for a void infused being to now use the light.

But we’re not asking for void elves to use the Light. If Blizzard wants to allow these new customizations to be our half-measured solution to something people have asked for for sixteen years, why not make it a touch better by ticking a box?

1 Like

The reason he explained in the OP, is because they now have high elf options.

Who are specifically not void infused.

1 Like

*looks at title *
I think you might be :stuck_out_tongue:

They are though. They are options to look like a high elf not to be a high elf.
High elves are still very much unplayable.

1 Like

I’m asking for a game mechanic to allow this. Not for canon to.

2 Likes

It honestly works so well Void elves should absolutely be given Paladin spec. Anyone asking “duuuuuhhhh wut aboot deh lore?” can easily be swept aside by making it so they have the spec because they can look like high elves similarly to how undead priests have access to holy power that they shouldn’t for game reasons the void elves can easily work the same way.

3 Likes