Jump Back into Action with the New Level 60 Character Boost

Exactly. Which is why paying $60 for something that goes so quick naturally isn’t justified and shows corporate greed.

4 Likes

I mean, you can call any of the services “greed” if you want, but they only put them of what people are willing to pay.

If people weren’t paying 60 (for some reason) they wouldn’t be listing them at 60.

More like 4-6 days played, but the difference in TBC is there’s a 1 per acct. limit, i’m sure they’d raise the price if they lifted the limit.

Thats not how supply and demand works so if they did raise the price after allowing more than 1 theyre not following business sense.

The less you get the more you pay.

If each person is limited to 1 item they tend to resell for 2-5x the original ammount. 3080/90s are a perfect example of this. Limitation = higher price.

I think $30 is a fair price.

I doubt too many people are jumping with that $60 price tag.

Why so serious

Probably the point, I imagine they want to keep people from using it too much.

If they wanted people to use it they could make it like 5 or 10 dollars, that’s probably low enough to “trick” people into spending over $60 on boosts :laughing:

1 Like

You can average getting a level every 15 minutes, even in Shadowlands content. Just follow the quests and that’s pretty much it.

1 Like

You can’t compare physical items to infinitely creatable digital services.

I would honestly bet that if they created an infinite boost it would be $60

3 Likes

Enough have to have kept at 60 bucks since… mop

Yeah not for $60.

Drop it down to $20 and maybe we’ll talk.

4 Likes

I get what you mean. But the business sense sticks. When FF14 ran out of Access Keys do you not think people with un-used keys were not selling them for more? Even digital content is subject to supply and demand. When youre only allowed 1 of something you tend to pay more for it. This case youre right may be an outlier but on average thats bad business sense to increase a price as you get more product out of ethics. People will laugh at you because its obvious greed; and thats whats happening here on a base level.

People are seeing the obvious greed in this and laughing at it.

1 Like

Access keys are not the same as boosts.

When things are limited supply they tend to be sold at higher prices yes, but usually by 3rd party sellers, not 1st party.

Case in point, I bought my 3070ti at MSRP because I bought it 1st party (right from EVGA)

1 Like

For $60 now a days, the boost better give you 80 renown, full set of 230s (all conduits included), a wow token, and covenant campaign skip.

11 Likes

Short term memory loss and need something to complain when you and I know they’ll buy it secretly or “on sale”

Please don’t.

You already have issues controlling WTS spam on group finder (which your authenticator did nothing about btw).

Now all of a sudden you will negate the one thing that had been working, which was restricting group creation to max level toons. In the past the advertisers had to buy a 50 boost, then manually level a toon to 60. All this does is remove a hurdle for them.

1 Like

Does the boost come with conduits? My guess is not…
Does the boost come with anything other than leveling greens? My guess is not…
Does it come with any level of renown? My guess is not…

So no, you’re not ‘Jumping into adventures with your friends’ anytime soon™

11 Likes

Businesses do but theyre more sly about it than a 3rd party seller.

A scalper wont hide that hes selling you it for more than he got it for but a company will

They will pretend thats the average price and then guise them getting more supply under a “Sale” when its not a “Sale” its "Hey we bought in bulk / finally could buy in bulk; come buy now :slight_smile: " and they only put it on by dates not by supply.

Basically Companies know how to abuse the logic of the human brain to assume that youre getting a pass off from the company when in actuality they’re just making you pay what they paid.

Main point / TL;DR - Theres no such thing as a Sale, companies use this tactic too but in smarter ways.

I’d pay a buck a level IF I could spend each of those 60 levels how I choose. There’s always a certain point where I would stall out on an alt (or 4) and being able to share the love across them all would be nice.

3 Likes

Well of course the company isn’t going to sell you something for less than they paid for it.

Well, except for certain circumstances where taking on loss on one thing is an attempt to get you to buy more for a gain (think really cheap hamburgers to try to get you to buy alcohol)

1 Like