Judgement of the Crusader and the Philosophy of Vanilla is Vanilla

well, I’ve been actively trying to get an answer one way or the other for several years now as like yourself, I want an authentic classic experience too:

I even went so far as to file GM tickets on battle.net but wasn’t able to get an answer:

https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/4651925/3946600/59247fee-2676-11e4-9fa8-f1868709971e.jpg

Likewise, I also asked about Judgement of the Crusader stacking as well to no avail:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/316698935756324864/316724345315655681/blizzard_reply.jpg

1 Like

I don’t think Blizzard is in the business of making the Private servers authentic; they I would imagine like to corner that market.

I doubt we will know anything until Classic goes live.

Holy crap, it hadn’t even occurred to me that Blizzard would have such a reason for keeping information from us. :frowning:

Hopefully they’ll see that (almost) everyone would prefer playing on legitimate servers when Classic is available anyway and that realization will yield some transparency on their part.

1 Like

yes, those gm tickets were well before classic was announced - but I just wanted people to know that I had been trying to find answers all this time

1 Like

@ Bleu & Theloras.

What Blizzard would be very wise to do is get this 100% accurate and make DARN SURE that all the features and functions of Classic WoW are 100% accurate because they are indeed feeding the Private servers really good TESTABLE data once Classic goes live.

What I mean by this is…

Once Classic is out, the Private servers can actually and truly become 100% authentic because the empirical data will truly be there to test in a methodical way.

yes i know - which is why we wont get any answers until classic goes live and we level up to test all of this

2 Likes

Deus Vult

That is all.

1 Like
2 Likes

Also works on smite priests too lol.

They won’t be able to answer a question like that and don’t have a pipeline to the devs at the time.Best bet would be too tweet @ jeff Kaplan or whoever was the class designer back then.

I think the real question would be. Is 6 JotC worth 6 debuff slots just to buff a couple of paladins and smite priests…

If i recall stormstrike also used to be stackable initially leading to some 20k+ ele shaman crits.

You could munch stormstrike in TBC as a rogue with envenom.

for a hybrid centric guild yes it would be - this isn’t trying to be a min/max optimized raiding guild setup but merely a different way of playing the game

The bonus threat would almost make prot pallies viable, Does sanct aura stack or is it stand alone?

no it doesn’t stack im afraid

In all seriousness though, my guild entirely intends to raid with seal stacking if it ends up being real. Especially on farm. The holy raid comp is not expected, but Classic totally allows for stuff like that to happen, especially in Ony, MC, BWL

Here’s hoping we get seal stacking

It’s quite a lot of +Holy damage, and would depend on your raid comp.

A little quick math; it’s 430 holy damage.

However I think the first 3 ranks are just a waste of a slot, and the last 2 are actually worth it…

Rank 5 and 6 would grant 250 holy damage.

If you really wanted to push the min-max on debuffs two would be likely ideal, but if you had 1 to spare, then that would bump you up to 330 holy damage from Ranks 4,5 and 6.

Actually it may actually be worth while to use 3, but that’s highly dependent on the raid comp. That’s an impressive amount of +holy damage…

That’s enough to totally change how a priest is played, they would scale insanely well with that, but hot dog that aggro would be massive, they would need to watch it.

You all wish you had someone as devout and stoic as Theloras backing up your class.

People may disagree but this guy has intestinal fortitude akin to Aron Ralston. He is a true champion.

I’d cry with delight if this happened. We used to do the crusader stacking on Onyxia on Nostalrius and it was bannable because it was too strong. Watching Ret drop 2.5k judgments and watch the air phase take 15 seconds because your Priests rain down the heavens on Onyxia.

God wills it.

5 Likes

For Smite yes, but Holy Fire gains 100% of the +829 Holy Dmg

:stuck_out_tongue:

The problem with Holy fire is the debuff slot it eats…