Jom Gabbar too big, other servers too small

Really disappointed in the SOM Playerbase, everyone just jumps into one big mega server and all the others are dead.

There’s literally no good experience available. Packed mega server or dead server, this sucks.

6 Likes

Sad that SoM “somechanges” players would rather ruin the game with layers than spread out.

I still don’t understand why everyone is on Jom Gabbar and the other servers are totally dead. Did they all follow a streamer there or something?

1 Like

A lot of people agreed to play on Jom when realms were announced. I think the only “big” streamer playing there is Payo on Horde side, but I doubt it was a factor. It was no secret that Jom was going to be the server for SoM, but most people saying that were told that they are fools even though it was painfully obvious it’s either Jom or a dead wasteland.

People were afraid of what happened to the TBCC servers happening to SoM. Considering SoM was always going to have a lower player base that wasn’t really wrong. I understand why people are stacking Jom.

My friends went to Barman, I followed them, the experience has been fine. There were a ton of people while leveling around, way more than I’m used to, and I could get groups easily. I can’t say that it will last and I’m not worried because all I came to do was have some fun which I did. I got the exact experience I wanted and playing on Jom was not required. If I have to walk away because the server pop becomes too low well that’s fine. I will. I’ve played through “Vanilla” many times before like most of us.

The only thing I’d like is less of an AV PVP meta because I kind of miss the premade vs premade WSG games and AB games etc. The World PVP has been great though. I’m not playing for the raids.

4 Likes

Why would you willingly choose to play on a dead server? Getting mad because people want to not end up deserted? lmfao

Not everyone is so invested in WoW that they join discord groups pre-launch to decide on where everyone is going to roll, or whatever the hell happened here.

I live in California, I picked a West Coast PvP server day 1, it ended up being dead, like the other West Coast PvP server.

11 Likes

Sounds like a personal problem then. Enjoy the dead server

3 Likes

I guess you are trying to troll, but you are bumping the post so thanks.

I’m not going to enjoy a dead server, I’ve quit until a merger or transfers are available.

11 Likes

Playing on a low pop server inceases your value to the ppl on the server since you cannot be so easily replaced. Low pop servers are like a small village where u run into the same ppl often and get to know every1. Mega servers is like moving to new york city where you will never know any1 and get gkicked/replaced instantly for showing up late to work.

I prefer low-medium pop but w/e.

4 Likes

In the same boat. Please add server transfers or everyone outside of Jom will slowly stop playing. I’m already seeing this on my server where people are getting super disheartened as there are not enough healers or tanks to do majority of group content in a timely manner.

4 Likes

That all sounds nice until you can’t find a group for a leveling dungeon, or you can’t find something basic on the AH.

6 Likes

Yeah but you are also level 30 and have done about 10% of the game. Once you hit level 60 and realise you can’t raid or do dungeons, you will change your tone

It’s not trolling. If you were even remotely plugged into what was going on with SoM whether it was on reddit, forums, literally any server discord, youtube, you would have known that Jom was the place to be. Lack of planning is a personal problem, especially with the hindsight from TBCC

1 Like

It is not lack of planning. Some of us get high ping to US East, so we tried to stay in our regions communites and hope for the best.

6 Likes

I just said I wasn’t, you aren’t reading my replies at all so you are just trolling. So you don’t have to scroll up, here’s what I just told you 5 minutes ago: Not everyone is so invested in WoW that they join discord groups pre-launch to decide on where everyone is going to roll, or whatever the hell happened here.

I live in California, I picked a West Coast PvP server day 1, it ended up being dead, like the other West Coast PvP server.

7 Likes

im a 59 priest… I knew what I was getting into…

Sloww and chillll

Just how I like it.

1 Like

I don’t think you appreciate the gravity of the situation.

Ya, you like small servers, I get it. But SOM just launched. Your quaint small village will be a ghost town soon.

1 Like

You’re literally on the forums right now. People on these forums were already saying Jom or dead. You’re actually a liar.

2 Likes

You can literally see that my first forum post was today, asking about server mergers.

Anyways, you are literally a forum troll, you know I’m new here, I can see your 98 posts, you are the liar.

2 Likes