Jeff kaplan is leaving blizzard

I do understand. This isn’t an discussion of a random dev leaving, he is a pioneer of the games we like to play. Including wow.

They have no more original devs. So like that’s why we are seeing the product we have now. I understand if you’re really happy with the direction blizzard is going in now - and maybe this wouldn’t matter to a newer blizz gamer

But don’t say we are over dramatic that a really influential part of the company is leaving. You’re trying to create a one sided argument because you don’t care. Which isn’t cool imo

To imply these original blizz folk leaving doesn’t have a permanent impact on company values and player experience is Crazy. I also think all these people leaving is a sign something is amiss.

People don’t leave their company en MassE like this to usually unless something is wrong.

13 Likes

So you’re saying OW2 might actually be good?

4 Likes

ill poop my pants if he goes to deamheaven with mike…

Mercy hotfixed nerfed again by Kaplan before leaving.

Overwatch 2 is NOT looking good if this is happening lmao

I thought everyone hated him like 10-12 years ago. Guessing things change :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Probably but I tend to not over think these types of actions.

Love hate relationship i think it was…He did develop that STV pages quest thing :D…

Just sad to see a OG part ways.

1 Like

Openly curious why he’d step down at this point in time or was this something internally planned so time ago and they’ve just now decided to go public with it.

He’s been in a loooooong time.

1 Like

I’m not a new blizz player.

I think you are being quite the over-dramatic person and no I’m not doing a one sided argument. You have clearly demonstrated by;

to not understand how company values work. I made no mention of ‘player experience’. This is me telling you, that OG devs have no impact on the values of a multi billion dollar company that is more or less and has been dictated by higher ups for the better part of two decades.

1 Like

Hey maybe they’ll actually balance their game now instead of tokenize another character

Kaplan gone is sad, but this means more for Overwatch than WoW. As much people bring up Dreamhaven – they need to announce something first to actually be worth something.

Man Blizzard is bleeding developers lol. If people think this is business as usual then they’re in complete denial.

8 Likes

YAWN. Doesnt matter. The new guy will be ok

Except the the guy who directed FF7 Yoshinori Kitase is still at Square Enix and was producer on FF7 Remake.

2 Likes

We don’t know why. Could be an internal reason. Could be he’s just tired, been working for blizz for 19 years now. We really don’t know, unfortunately.

Probably not a great sign for OW2 though IMO.

1 Like

Papa Jeff was the last bastion, no more yule logs

3 Likes

In memory of better times:

2 Likes

I dont trust that man after XIII.