This is sad.

68 Likes

I hope you’re lying.

No there’s a ign post about it

Wish i was :frowning:

12 Likes

Who is this person?

3 Likes

Wonder if he’s going to Dream Haven haha.

50 Likes

I’m sad, really sad.

3 Likes

Yeah Blizzard is dead and gone. You can tell by the way it is.

60 Likes

Ok after the david kim thing and him being the ONLY og blizz dev left can we all agree to be worried now?

Blizz is everything ok? I feel like they’re the abused friend that won’t talk to you :confused:

38 Likes

I’m really excited to see what they put out.

5 Likes

He has not worked on Warcraft for some time. What exactly is ending?

14 Likes

Seems like another round of exodus from blizzard something must be happening behind the scenes for all of these senior people to leave.

14 Likes

Jeff was an original dev for wow, Than went on to be the director of overwatch.

Daddy jeff will be missed :frowning: He always knew how to communicate on a real level when he was allowed too…

20 Likes

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Jeffrey_Kaplan

1 Like

My boi Jeff

2 Likes

In retrospect, we knew the dam was breaking, but…oof. He was the last of the last. Damn.

20 Likes

Ok blizzard is ending. It matters.

All their pioneers and devs have left in one way shape or form. So if you have played blizzard games for say 15+ years - you have probably noticed a shift in morals, values attitudes etc over there.

This is a big part of why.

We literally can’t even call them blizzard anymore. It’s activision :confused: like 100% now

If you like the fantasy of Wow or games like overwatch then this should be a big deal. Trust me.

Also it doesn’t matter which team he’s on. These guys shift their positions all the time

56 Likes

Glad we had him, sucks to see him go.

Hope you enjoy whatever you do next, Jeff.

Pouring one out for Jeff.

11 Likes

He hasn’t been on the WoW team for how long lol
And after 20 years, it’s normal these OG people would leave at some point.

Now if we can get Ion to join them on the way out and a few others then I’d be happy. I’d take Kaplan over Ion any day of t he week.

10 Likes

Everything changes. Especially within the video game industry. This seems overly dramatic to me. But, such is the forums.

4 Likes