January 6 class changes

It’s how the OP titled it, it’s actually labeled 10.0.5 development notes on wow head.

They will but with the new buffs to Warr/DK good luck killing them behind a pillar without DT. I dunno man, Hunter just hasn’t had love in awhile I’ve become cynical and hateful in the past couple expacs.

WUZ DAT DH BROS LMAOOO WHERES WARRIOR NERFS AT HUH. Filler text

The iterations before this one did not depend so heavily on invividual shots and had a much better matrix of defensive and utility buttons. Despite its own set of imperfections, legion marks for example did consistent cleave damage with a great cc kit and had things like passive dodge pvp talents, bursting disorient, etc. This iteration was made much squishier, less mobile, more reliant on teammates for setups because it does longer cast aimed shots that are more individually impactful and also the addition of rapidfire.

Doubletap becomes polarizing when an individual aimed shot (on a careful aim target) or rapidfire (with modifiers like surging) can do a significant portion of someone’s health bar. It either does enough damage to be threatening and potentially annoying/problematic, or it just dies before accomplishing anything meaningful (in the opposite scenario when the abilities aren’t tuned super high) because it has no self-sustain. I don’t know if you played marks in BFA or not, but it was not good. Basically unplayable in arena for the entire expansion. It was only good in SL the first and last two seasons because of unnerfed careful aim in season one and tier bonuses in the last two. Both revolving around what you could do in a doubletap window.

Three entire expansion betas, those of us who have played marks for a while have given the same feedback that this setup is inherently polarizing and problematic. Most of our first reactions to it going away were positive because you assume that more things will happen to shore up the hole left by that core mechanic of the spec going away. Pair that with the fact that its replacement literally does nothing, but you still have to take it to make your builds work. It would be a completely different scenario if more sweeping changes (like with other classes) were paired with it, or if the change was done in a way where you could actually make different builds work. But none of that is the case. It’s just a removal of a core ability.

4 Likes

Ahh the old buzz feed clickbait trick.

1 Like

checks date …Haha weird time to be playing an April fools joke Blizzard.

1 Like

Huh? It’s like the epitome of win condition. Every minute you do their entire health bar and then some with a rapid fire.

One might even argue that it’s MM’s only win condition.

in before “its easily stoppable and is super duper hard to land”

So how would you distribute your damage budget? I understand the current problems but what would be a healthy solution? I don’t think Legion MM is what I want damage to look like. Having to jam your all damage into a little window don’t feel great, so ain’t much different than double tap.

Removing double tap and adding a stacking buff to consecutive aimed shots could be a possibility.

It looks like they’re sprinkling in PVP specific adjustments as well, but don’t have them finished yet. Saw DH soulrending glaive throw & leech nerfs, so more fingers crossed!

1 Like

They never even finished the hunter talents and other classes get fixes to them :frowning:

1 Like

I hate this game.

Double tap alone don’t win you the game though. How is it different from any other cd?

MM got a buttload of damage modifiers. Which may be more of the culprit.

Obviously they can’t just delete the entire spec and copy paste legion marks, wod marks, or mop marks at this point. The entire game is different now, and this is the base kit we have. There are a multitude of things that could be done differently.

It’s usually what does, though. Well, not alone, you’ve got volley, chakram, badge, explosive shot, your teammates crossing, etc. Basically it’s what MM usually builds around.

Like a win condition.

2 Likes

Right. There are 4 globals that get used before the damage actually starts. Your weakauras and/or gladlossa lady tell you that they happen. If you stand there and allow anything to pve it’s whole burst window unmolested, you’re going to lose. DT rapid without the rest happening is not a 100-0. Any micro cc or disarm on the rapidfire completely negates the window. It can be frustrating, sure, but not literally “free 100-0 win out of stealth”. There would be way more marks hunters in ranked pvp if that hyperbole were actually true.

1 Like

one prekick wasn’t enough

All gcds wih different cds, I guarantee you double tap alone don’t even do a 3rd of a warriors hp.

Yeah more so than any other cd, saying that though, I rather it just goes so people can stop crying about it.

Remove double tap, buff rapid fire base damage by 33% ezfix