Jaina in shadowlands (spoiler)

Jaina is dead?!

If this is true I’m gonna be very annoyed. Jainas character arc in bfa was one of the few well covered alliance stories in bfa! What a waste!

8 Likes

Lame.

I wanted her death to be a big deal.

12 Likes

Srsly she deserves more than this considering her story thus far.

9 Likes

I really hope it’s not just, oh this random off screen death that totally happened.

Just to get it out of the way.

2 Likes

Even if it happens in pre patch and it is a big battle and all its undeserved. She should have been the alliances Thrall

3 Likes

A number of characters are going to be stuck in the maw. The players will have to free them.

9 Likes

her brother has alive model, so it’s just dumb vision without any relevance

13 Likes

I hope she doesnt depend on me to save her cus she’ll be stuck there forever.

8 Likes

I’d imagine some characters we know are gonna end up in the shadowlands but since they don’t have the heart of azeroth they end up stuck in the maw. So it’s very likely they did this so we could fight a bunch of characters and not just former baddies.

It doesn’t mean they’re actually dead for good.

6 Likes

We don’t know that much about the tower right now (lore wise) do we?

Also it says in the next panel that jaina is seen weeping next to their bodies. So I’m assuming she’s still alive according to that paragraph.

Let’s be real here. Jaina Proudmoore isn’t going to die anytime soon. She was the face of Blizzcon, had a song about her, and has a statue on the Blizzard store selling for $$$.

Jaina makes too much money for Blizzard to die. Unlike Illidan who ran his coarse and therefore had to be sent away.

6 Likes

To be fair. Illidan has multiple statues for sale and was the face of an entire expansion and inspiration for a class. He has made just as much cash as jaina has for them.

Thst being said, the only way I will be ok with jaina dying is if the players (zandalari in particular) get to rip out her heart for what she did to Drazalaor.

3 Likes

Dazar’alor

3 Likes

Jaina is allowed to kill people ok? Do you know what she’s been through?

There was once a character by the name of Kinndy Sparkshine. A very smart Gnome who was Jaina’s apprentice. Garrosh murdered Kinndy, and others, but most importantly he killed Kinndy.

It’s very hard to get over the death of a Gnome. Kinndy challenged Jaina and talked back to her. She brought Jaina some joy in her life and Garrosh took that from her.

Jaina’s allowed to lash out and be angry at the Horde. They took away her Gnome.

But yeah, if Jaina’s not making any more money for Blizzard, they’ll drop her like they dropped other characters.

Also it depends on how much screen time jaina steals away from dear Anduin in his quest to save the world.

3 Likes

Yeah even as a horde player I can’t help but think “yeah that’s fair actually” when Jaina bites back against the Horde. I still love that “OH CRAP ITS HER RUN” moment when you’re rescuing Zul and Talanji and jaina shows up.

Oh I’m still mad she killed a lot of blood elves in dalaran but I totally understand why she did it

8 Likes

Let’s see how the prepatch plays out. It’s entirely possible everyone dies.

3 Likes

Yup. I’ve read all the books and played both factions each expansion.

The Zandalari are allowed to lash out and be angry and jaina. She took away their king.

4 Likes

Who cares about a King? They took Jaina’s gnome!

Garrosh didn’t even punt Kinndy. He killed her! That’s just too far.

4 Likes

I feel like they’ll be “dead” until we defeat the Jailer and free them since they weren’t supposed to be there. That’s the vibe I’m getting from this.

7 Likes

Me? Talanji (or at least she did until blizzard made her pathetic)?

You realize my argument is also that if she dies any other way I’ll be upset about it right? No death makes sense to me, unless there is some mass murder of every lore character that isnt real, except for Zandalari vengeance.

So she better stay alive until they can show up and rip her to shreds.

Fighting just former bad guys would have been boring after awhile so I like to think we get to fight other characters in the maw just for variety. Similar to fighting certain npcs in visions