Ive spent $1000 on tokens for gdkps

so much thought for a troll. need no scenarios when the story itself is just made up lol.

this reminded me of the enjoyable time when RMAH existed in D3, where you use real cash to buy/sell
https://i.postimg.cc/hv7vy5zc/my-D3-Rmah.jpg

Such epic days

1 Like

I sold a bow for $250.

Was just a blue quality bow but it was out of inferno and was like a 1300 damage top end.

If this is really the case, anyone spending 1000.00 needs to seek professional help for addiction, finance and possibly mental health issues.

Why? You clearly aren’t getting it. There is no difference from spending 1,000 on an item in a game compared to spending 1,000 on a vacation if they both bring you joy. There is value in both things.

I tend to look at it differently though cause I play a game with a real cash economy and 1,000 is what many players deposit every month. Rare weapons in the game go for 20-30,000 USD. Is it wild for someone who has money to put 20k USD into a game to compete or entertainment, no it’s not. It’s no different then someone spending it on another hobby they enjoy.

The amplifier on my weapon is worth 1,500 in this game. I’m still hunting for the day I find that 30k weapon though.

Idk 1,000 isn’t really that much when you put things in perspective.

2 Likes

Well that was dumb…

This may come as a surprise to you but there are people out there who make a ridiculous amount of money and can spend sums, that seem crazy to you but are inconsequential to them, on frivolous endeavors.

1 Like

Awfully judgmental, aren’t you? Sure it may sound like a waste of money to you, but the same could be said of anything. I don’t understand why people would spend money on tickets to Sportsball™ games

So long as someone can still live and get by, what does it matter they spend their luxury money on?

2 Likes

yeah, rares sold better than legendaries back then. it was awesome! i sold a rare neck for 200.

people spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on drugs, which is only a 1 time use. it’s not much different.

1 Like

I never said it did matter… I just said it was basically ridiculous. I’m entitled to my opinion just like you are… see how that works?

I don’t disagree and they are the same ones who spend all their money and then become broke and blame others for it.

And drugs are also not really a good use of your money, unless it is life saving. Not sure a 245 necklace is life saving.

Of course you’re entitled to your opinion that people you don’t agree with are mentally unstable. Just like racists are entitled to their opinions on other people

And I’m just as entitled to call you a judgmental and horrible person for such opinions. See how that works?

2 Likes

Spending money to get in game gold isnt even the worst part of this take id even say its not bad at all.

The major L though is admitting to spending money on tokens to get that gold like imagine buying something at an 800% markup and feeling good about it.

5 Likes

This may be the strongest argument why they don’t want RDF in game. :smiley:

well, neither are illicit drugs, yet they still do em, right?

Cool story brĂś

Token was kind of worth it at 10k not really worth it at 4k lol

sounds good, i also sold and bought too many things in RMAH but anyway i have a question for you :slight_smile:

When i started d3 with friend, i paid $200 as starting point to buy some gear while he paid ~800$, when we partied he was 1shotting mobs while i couldn’t and when we went to that duel zone he was 1shotting me as well just because he paid 4x what i paid, later he kept paying more real money to be far stronger than me.

however as you know those items on RMAH was farmed by players from playing the game and put on the real money auction house, we just bought it with real cash! so the question is…
was diablo3 during RMAH a pay2win game?
i just want to know your opinion!

I wanna know your opinion as well Ôwns :slight_smile:

I didn’t say they were…so I am not following you.