Ive never felt so ashamed playing a paladin

So the whole rotation of my class is all about exorcism procs? Everything else is useless. Divine storm isnt viable, i have to use a fast weapon, everything hits like a wet noodle besides exorcism (and only when it crits). Yes we can be kinda beefy but none of that matters when you only get to live for 12 seconds every 5 minutes. Im frustrated not just with the PVE rotation but PVP is DOA for us as well. It doesnt feel good in any way shape or form to be hitting for 120-180 (non crit) just hoping for an exorcism proc so i hit for a whopping 400 (non crit). Very rarely the stars align and i can do decent damage with a bunch of crits. Meanwhile im getting hit for 2600 by a druids star surge, 3000 on a lava burst, 500 (non crit) multishot, 800 raptor strikes. Its just very frustrating right now with 2 phases of shamans absolutely smashing everything else. Go ahead and complain about bubble, please, take it away and give us something actually useful. Ill gladly trade my 12 seconds every 5 minutes for being able to actually enjoy my class.

5 Likes

I feel fine with crusader strike and exorcism.

I don’t pay that much attention to weapon speed or any of that.

1 Like

accurate. if Divine shield is such a problem maybe they can just give paladins a rune that transforms it into Avenging wrath?

hammer of wrath rune needs to lower the cost of using it. sheath of light needs to give the same bonus as mental dexterity, i have no idea why 1 would be 30 and the other would be 100

2 Likes

Yes. I am a top percentile Paladin. Take the damn bubble, we don’t even want it it’s USELESS! Give us mobility and mitigation instead and stop using it as an excuse to keep us crappy.

1. roll a very defensive class
  2. complain when your very good defensive spells mean you can’t have as good offensive ones

:expressionless:

4 Likes

Nah, how about runes that gives Warriors their Shattering Throw and Priests their Mass Dispel.

…maybe even a rune that grants Warlock’s Felhound the ability to devour ‘high level spells’ (and class Divine Shield as that)…but maybe kills the Felhound as a result. – I say this because Felhounds are “AI” controlled and would auto-consume most of the time; need a trade off for something like that.

There. You’ve given Horde 3 ways to destroy the bubble.

“Defensive” class? what?

2 Likes

i share this sentiment.

Also reduce the damn mana cost of Conc, Holy Wrath, and Divine Storm or give us more mana return with Crusader Strike.

you mean the one defensive spell. also were not a “defensive” class. thats not a descriptive term ever used for paladins in wow.

You are rock.

Except it.

Mental gymnastics on the wow forum consumes your time and mental energy. You will never even learn to beat scissors….

A rock that doesn’t know it’s a rock.

Still confused about getting smothered by paper and stuff. Sad :cry:

I mean Paladin’s used to wear dresses in raids. It could be a lot worse.

I member.

2 Likes

ya if you’re bubble didnt allow you to dump freely and heal LOL FoH having a mario star 5 min CD is wild to begin with

paladins need a few things

1. Make DS holy damage and scale with 50-60% Spell power and like 30% AP. same with CS

2. reduce mana cost of DS/seals/judgement/HoR/HW about 80%

3. rework AoW procs to just be a % chance on hit based on weapon speed (less for faster weapons, higher for slower) so we dont have some dumb crit fish meta.

4. Increase damage from SoR SoC SoM. increase mana regen from SoM greatly.

2 Likes

hey there, if you have any good ideas about how to improve the class, please post them here!

You should 100% feel cringe everytime you click Enter World and the character is a Paladin

only cause i know i gotta go against shamans in ab when i log on lmao

Ye

ten chars

Add Light and Wisdom judgment effects with improved Crusader talent.
Give wild Strikes to the Sanctity Aura

Our problem as ret in raids is that we have to be selfish and lack utility. Sanc aura and Crusader are necessary for us but useless for literally everyone else.

Do something about Horn rune and our interrupt/fear totem. Right now they’re gated and we cannot access these awesome utility kits due to desperately needing the damage ones instead.