I've moved on from this

No thank you.

5 Likes

I often see this more from Blood Elf players, rather than High Elf players.

Just make elves a faction neutral race at this point, like Pandaren.

4 Likes

Yes, elves should get deleted
oh wait

You do?

Because right now, we have compromise.

Right now, high elven players are asking for things still.

Void elves and their customizations are not going to be removed.

And making it faction neutral is giving high elven players EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT Its not compromise.

6 Likes

And that’s a bad thing because
?

Someone earlier had the suggestion of all elves being faction neutral, under the label ‘elf’. Six body types, 2 representing each elf type we currently have. Both Blood and High Elves would get void customizations, and Nightborne could choose which faction to be part of. All of this is stuff I’ve seen people repeatedly ask for/express interest in.

High Elf players “getting what they want” while others also get what they want, doesn’t sound like a bad thing to me. Can you explain why exactly it’s bad, other than some weird tripe about High Elf players not ‘deserving’ High Elves or something?

Every time we have a High Elf thread, or someone even so much as mentions them in passing, yes. Blood Elf players - and, largely, Horde players as a whole - start foaming at the mouth and going insane about it.

High Elf players, aside from a few loud weirdos, majority just want to be able to have more High Elf customizations/equal customizations to Blood Elves. And are even willing to give Blood Elves all the void customizations Void Elves have, to boot. But, somehow, that’s always met with entitlement and “no, only give us stuff, you don’t get anything”. It’s kindergarten behavior, honestly.

3 Likes

with what dwarves humans???

Because many are tired of the ol “copy and paste what you have to the Alliance side, and if you dont agree with me
you are by default a horrible and bad person”.

Yes, I am well aware you want to copy and paste a race from one faction to the other.

6 Likes

honestly, I say at this point just make High Elf an Alliance allied race and be done with it.

You can make an exact High Elf ingame, right now, with the customizations available. Blood Elves and High Elves are literally the same elves.

But We’re going to continue to have these thread arguments until people can have the words “High Elf” under their forum character names.

People are going to continue to be intent of pretending Blood Elves are a completely different race than the Silvermoon High Elves, simply because they joined the Horde and not the Alliance.

1 Like

just elf is fine with me. quel’dorei maybe? i mean blood elves are also quel’dorei but they wanna be called blood elf, whereas alliance quel’dorei just are called high elf. its sorta generic, thusly why id be happy with generic - elf

blameth not me. i asked for half elves or if high elves, different idling animations and hairstyles but we got void elves instead. people like their void elves but many wanted high elves. problem was allied races were all about copying a race’s bone animations to save on processing and engine limitations. blood elves were destined to have an allied race, like the other races

Screw that. Keep the high elves, make it neutral for anyone to use. Or give the Alliance high elves and the Horde can have fel elves as customization options. Fel, you can have this guy if you want:

2 Likes

I’d love felblood options.

1 Like

Arcane and Void vs Holy and Fel. Sounds like a match made in well, warcraft.

For reals, I have ended up with so many people that are in threads like this on my ignore list because of that because they always go over the top because you don’t agree with them.

These are the same people that have issues with us getting the Dwarf model in the upcoming xpac because they get nothing new and this comes after them already getting copy/paste model (Void Elves) way back in Legion then almost all of our customizations after that as well.

5 Likes

At this point, it’s probably easiest just to merge the Blood Elves and Void Elves and make them neutral. Let players pick their faction, pick their racial tooltip (expanded to include High Elf, San’layn, Darkfallen, Felblood, and whatever other type we have customizations for), pick their racials from a pool of racials, etc

I’d prefer Quel’Thalas to remain Horde, for the Telogrus Rift to remain Alliance. What individual members of a race do as far as faction allegiance is immaterial; what nations do matters and has impact on the lore and story.

Just make all races neutral. If Night Elves and Worgen can share their home with the Horde after everything that the Horde did
 I really don’t see a reason to keep racial segregation of all things in this game. It’s an outdated concept anyway and causes nothing but toxicity among the players as seen in this thread
 again. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I am really, really curious as to how this is gonna work, mechanically.

A writer can write whatever is necessary to make it work, narratively. In that sense, you are only limited by imagination. In this case, it’s fairly obvious, all the Elves(along with everyone else, but the Elves are gonna run point on this) are gonna converge on Silvermoon to defend the Sunwell, and in the process work out their differences and grudges while all the players whine about “Friendship” and “where’s the WAR in Warcraft” or whatever.

But the game itself is built with certain mechanical and system foundations in place, and I am really intrigued as to how they are going to change those foundations in order to “Reunify the Scattered Elven Tribes of Azeroth”.

I’m surprised that nobody in Media or Content Creators with whatever access to Blizzard they have
has pursued this, asked about how this is going to be done.

“Reunify The Scatter Elven Tribes of Azeroth” is not just a throwaway line of hype in a preview speech, it is potentially a MAJOR, MAJOR change in the way we do business faction-wise, with pretty large implications across the rest of the game.

1 Like

I’m fine with that, to be honest.

The idea that races are rigidly locked to either the Alliance or Horde, but can be found in the Twilight’s Hammer, the Burning Legion, the Primalists, etc
 is pretty dumb. “Oh I’ll join any faction as long as its not the Horde/Alliance.”

3 Likes

Dang, son.

Now I absolutely want felblood elves.

As mentioned, a very outdated and questionable system that the devs impose on their players. Loyalty in this game is strictly defined by race
 one could elaborate further, but I better not.

Either way, it feels very forced and distorted, leading to heaps of limitations and dissatisfaction for the players.

2 Likes