I've moved on from this

They should be merged… physically… with Murlocs…

Murlelves… Make it happen Blizz!

eh, was clearly done to facilitate World PVP at the beginning of WoW, as World PVP between Horde and Alliance was supposed to be a pretty big thing at the beginning.

over the years, World PVP has become less important overall, and PVP in general has been moved to its own isolated areas, for the most part. so I can see the need for such limitations to be lessened.

I personally would like the focus to be on the Individual Kingdoms(like say, Everquest) and your(the player’s) reputation with each Kingdom, rather than the two overall factions.

3 Likes

Not this one. I’m completely satisfied with my options on the Horde side (a few I could do without, looking at Vulpera) and have literally zero interest in ever playing any of the options on the Alliance side. The current set up works perfectly.

Aren’t those just Naga already?

3 Likes

Even in that case, it would be nonsense. A human in the Horde can just as easily fight against a human in the Alliance, as has long been the case with the Pandaren.

That’s nice for you. But for many, it’s just annoying because they’re forced to play a faction they don’t like… because of fictional racial segregation. Having access to all races would literally give you nothing but a wider selection.

2 Likes

It would not. It would give disappointed Alliance High Elf players a wider selection, but for me, it would be a trade with no benefit to myself.

It’s like saying that opening up the meat options to a vegan gives them a wider selection.

4 Likes

Goodness gracious, so it’s just about you being upset that a small group of people would get something, that you don’t want to share? Sharing a toy is usually something one learns in kindergarten. :woman_facepalming:
Alright, you do you.

2 Likes

Nothing is actually preventing them from enjoying the same toys that I get to enjoy. I’m not gate keeping Blood Elves to myself.

They can even play their Horde Blood Elf with their Alliance friends going forward without making races neutral.

6 Likes

so glad to see you only have 1 like

I’m a void elf, not a blood elf, not a night elf, a void elf.

Let us be.

6 Likes

They’ve not done that for anything except Void Elves, to my knowledge. If anything, the only copy-pasting being done is Allied Races as a whole on both factions, and I think most everyone agree it’s lazy and could have just been options for the original race instead.

Dracthyr and Pandaren were made neutral from the get-go, so they don’t really fit your frankly weird argument.

The race has existed in Alliance history since Vanilla. Blood Elves are a different political side of the core race of High Elves; High Elves exist on both factions, they just call themselves different things. And High Elves were requested for years, only for Blizzard to give a monkey’s paw race in Void Elves - which are cool aesthetically, don’t get me wrong! And since they do exist, I’d like to see the Void aspects expanded on as well. But Blizzard shot themselves in the foot bringing a race no one had really asked for, over a much-requested race that has existed on Alliance side in lore for years. Now we have the weird duality of Void Elves after they attempted to badly fix their own screw-up.

Which is why, again, Elves as a whole should just be made into a singular race choice who can go to either faction. Or, if you want to get specific about it - Void and Blood Elves should be combined into one singular race option that has all options for Sin’dorei, Quel’dorei, and Ren’dorei heritage, and can go to either faction.

That would please everyone - or at least anyone who doesn’t have a strange fixation on taking, but not giving. And it would end the constant back and forth about it, which I think everyone on both sides is tired of for various reasons.

No one said they weren’t.

But Void Elves are not fully capable of presenting as proper High Elves to the degree Blood Elves are, due to the above mention of Blizzard shooting themselves in the foot on the Allied Race.

Blood Elves also want the void aspect options - and they should have them! Since Ren’dorei are almost entirely (in lore) Sin’dorei who started dabbling in the Void like Alleria did.

But they don’t get to have void options while Void Elves are left with barely a third of their non-void customizations.

Make it into a single race, or retool Void Elves into proper High Elf mirrors of their Blood Elf cousins, and give both races all the voidy stuff. Everyone wins that way.

People want the High Elves who joined the Alliance, which do exist, and which Blood Elf players consistently want to pretend don’t exist in the same way they claim High Elf players want to pretend ‘High Elves’ don’t exist already (on Horde side).

That’s all there is to it. Anything stated differently, by either a High Elf player or a Blood Elf player, is simply incorrect and showing a massive misunderstanding of the race’s lore.

3 Likes

They do exist. The Horde has them. Roll one so you can play a High Elf (even with your Alliance friends).

I swear people talked about this kind of thing being a step down the slope from expanding cross faction a year ago and now here we are, passionately arguing for things that were “never going to happen” a few short months ago.

5 Likes

Once again, High Elves exist on Alliance side. What is on the Horde are High Elves who have renamed themselves to Blood Elves.

It is the same race, which exists on both factions, and call themselves different things due to a political schism.

That’s it. And that’s all people want: a race that has existed on Alliance side in-lore since Vanilla.

I know Horde and Blood Elf players like to live in their own weird pretend world, but begging y’all to read literally any bit of the game’s lore.

So often people say I dislike all Void Elf players which is sadly often the case but people like you you are fabulous because you see it how it really is and you like the race for what it actually is and is supposed to be and in turn makes me like you because at least you are real about it. :clap:t5: :clap:t5: :clap:t5:

6 Likes

If you write Night Elves properly, yea, you’re to bring them into an alliance of sorts between the elves, even if they’re not completely alike in terms of culture.

It’s the Alliance and Horde that get in the way. Too often, narrative was written to satisfy their perspective.

1 Like

The Alliance have High Elves that renamed themselves to Void Elves. Each underwent changes and emerged as unique playable races on either faction.

This is the compromise we were given and is more than satisfying for me.

4 Likes

This is either you trolling, or your grasp on lore is worse than I thought.

Void Elf unlock quest literally shows they’re outcast Blood Elves from Silvermoon. They were dabbling in the Void and got kicked out, for obvious reasons.

So no, they’re actually Blood Elves - oh, sorry, I mean Horde High Elves! Not Alliance High Elves.

Blood Elves didn’t have much of any changes beyond the green eyes when they were sniffing the Fel, and now gold eyes from the Sunwell.

Neither of which High Elf players want or need, really.

the silver covenant are mostly high elves, like honest to betsy high elves who’ve never been void elves, they are under the leadership of veressa windrunner, a high elf and sister of sylvannas.

2 Likes

I may disagree but using this phrase at all makes me more sympathetic.

You are a reasonable interlocutor and always keep it friendly, informative, and fun. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Once again. This is the no compromise solution.

“At this point its just easiest to give us exactly what we want, nothing less”.

That is the part that gets me.

I would counter that the easiest solution is to do nothing at all.

5 Likes

Once again, why is everyone getting what they want somehow bad, exactly?

Beyond a weird sense of kindergarten-level entitlement from Blood Elf/Horde players?

Because that is all this is.

1 Like

i have more where that came from. such as good heavens to mergatroid.

1 Like