I've lost my desire to play

I haven’t logged on for a few days now, and I changed my sub from 3 months to monthly. I’ve been playing ESO and getting into that, but I do want to complete Pathfinder when it’s ready.

I will log on sometime today, though, to see how it looks and performs with my new monitor that is being delivered today. :grin:

Yeah once you’ve hit 5+ max characters, you soon realize that there is not a single class that holds the depth and complexity that you desire.

Our classes should have never forgotten abilities. (Sub rogues not knowing gouge, enhancement shamans not knowing earth shock, etc.)

2 Likes

why do people act like unsubbing is the end of their account forever? Unsub, save playable days for when there’s something to do.

WoW content isn’t and never has been challenging. MMOs and mindless grinding are practically synonymous.

Every player that plays long enough comes to realize that the game is just a framework for you to interact and hang out online with others. It’s just Second Life, with more killing.

1 Like

Make full use of your sub and just play Classic, that’s the gameplay feel you’re looking for.

3 Likes

This is a fantastic time to grind old achievements out. And to give you some hope:

• They’re acknowledging the major issues with BFA in 8.2. Even if the systems inherently suck so they can’t really be fixed 100%, they know they screwed up. I think they’re going down a different route next expansion.
  • They wouldn’t be so obscure about the level squish without having something else going along with it. I think we’re going to see a new and improved talent/progression system that makes leveling and the game in general more exciting again.
1 Like

No way. There was challenge. It’s how high you set the bar in terms of achievement.

I agree that MMO and mindless grinding are synonymous. But it’s the reward at the end of that long grind that matters.

I agree Genegerbread. The level squish will bring along many changes that will improve the overall leveling experience.

I’m hoping this is so. If the level squish literally does nothing and just doubles the time it takes to level for each level, I’ll be very disappointed.

I’ve been going after achievements and whatnot lately instead of playing endgame. i got eastern kingdoms loremaster yesterday, and did some old BC dungeons today that i didn’t have an achievement for. i still have a baby paladin i’m leveling too, and trying to do some tanking on him since i’ve never done that before.

1 Like

Sadly I lost it awhile back myself but staying on cruise control till classic.

3 Likes

I lost my shoe.

Carry On, My Wayward Sooooon

I suspect it’s not in my case. That’s why I want to get Pathfinder first, so I’ll have it if I decide to come back next expansion. But, if the next expansion is going to be more tables, world quests, time gated rep grinds and no flying until it is no longer relevant, then this may very well be the end for me.

1 Like

I went strong from MoP to 8.1 when i made a new account… I just got burned out… Add that with boring azerite and class design. It caused me to take a break.

2 Likes

Then quit. Don’t worry about us, we won’t miss you (:

I won’t miss you, either!

1 Like

If it wasn’t for classic beta I would’ve unsubscribed a month ago.

The repetitive “content” with random rewards just isn’t fun anymore.

3 Likes

I hate to say it, but im feeling it too. They are taking WAY TOO LONG to release 8.2…and I feel it’s shooting themselves in the foot.

1 Like