I've lost my desire to play

With all my characters at 120, and bored to death, I created 3 alts in classes I wasn’t currently playing. This kept me occupied and having fun for awhile, but now I don’t feel like logging them on, either.

Don’t tell me to quit WoW. I’m not quite ready to give up… yet. I will at least wait for Pathfinder Part 2, because that will give me something to do for awhile. But if this is the way it’s going to be with all future expansions, then maybe the time has come to say it’s been a good ride but so long. Tables, world quests, time gating and rep grinds are tedious at best, and I want fun and excitement back.

I don’t know what i wanted to accomplish with this thread. Just felt like sharing, I guess, and wonder if others feel the same.

25 Likes

But you’re Horde

Maybe try pet battling? It’s not super in depth but what’s there is pretty fun and it’s nice to go through zones to get new pets. You might even see neat little details in zones that you missed before

4 Likes

Yes. I did the same thing, making alts, etc… leveling them up for heritage armour and professions, tailoring so I can get gold for bags.

It’s like this with every expac. The difference now is that since we don’t have flying, it’s harder for me to find ways to amuse myself.

4 Likes

ok very cool

2 Likes

I get bored too on occasion, sometimes it pushes me to try new things but mostly I just play less.

I solo group content, that’s my thing, I love doing Mythic dungeons on this pally, currently I’m not well enough geared but I’ll get there.

Just started playing my DH again and I’m having a ton of fun, about to jump on her now actually.

No idea how long that’ll last but I’m not complaining.

:beers: /cheers

3 Likes

I’m in the same boat as you. I have all classes at 120. Guild has fallen apart because of lull in things to do between patches. Some have left for anticipation of classic wow. Now I find myself getting on to do a random BG then get bored and log back off. I think after 14 years of playing, the end is near I believe for me lol.

11 Likes

Then don’t play?

1 Like

You are a better trooper than this game deserves. Im basically in the same boat. Playing other games until they decide to make it fun again. Fingers crossed for 8.2

3 Likes

I’m keeping busy with invasions, faction dailies and warfronts for gearing and other goodies and then taking my mains and doing old content for tmogs and achievements. Doing a lot of sightseeing as I have a better video card and seeing things in a new light. Also leveling my Zandi paladin but feeling no pressure to do it so it is staying fresh as I can start stop at will.

With my mains at ilvl 400 I can solo Legion mythic dungeons where there aren’t mechanics that kill solo players. In short, WoW is a big world with lots of lore so staying engaged isn’t difficult for me. For others, especially those heavily focused on endgame, boredom could be a serious issue.

Hopefully 8.2 or Vanil… er… Classic works for you.

4 Likes

Is it thought? I don’t remember being bored from BC - MoP, except during the content droughts at the very end of the xpacs. Definitely not within those expansions’ first patch.

For me, it’s a symptom that didn’t arise until WoD.

Quit WoW for now!!! It’s for your own good. You’ll come back and enjoy it way more in a few months if you take a break. I’ve never understood these people that think WoW needs to sustain them, and provide constant entertainment, 24/7 throughout their lives…

3 Likes

It is like this with every expac but different lately, with BfA especially because of what you said.

With BfA it feels like we’re already at the end of the expac, which is weird.

Feels like I’ve been playing it for years, another weird thing but I can’t really complain because I’ve only done 1 dg, the Motherlode which made me not want to do any more and I don’t raid so I may not be the one to complain.

1 Like

Usually when I get bored I’ll take a break and play a different game. Achievement hunting also works for me.

1 Like

I think the reason for that is because so many of the systems from Legion were copy/pasted into BFA: professions, AP Grind, WQ, Mythics, mission boards, Pathfinder, Emissaries, Invasions, etc.

To me, it feels more like a continuation of Legion than its own expansion, and to top it off, some of what I really enjoyed in Legion like Class Halls and Mage Tower were abandoned by Blizz.

3 Likes

It really does feel like the downtime before a new expansion…but it will be a patch. Hopefully it is good. I wish we had something like mage tower that gave limited time xmogs to work on.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with being bored.

Just quit… That easy.

Life has many more things to do for enjoyment than some 15 year old game where the Creators, Managers, and Directors have a vendetta out against its customers for having fun in the wrong ways.

8 Likes

You’re right. Ty for putting it that way.

I like those things, the AP grind I didn’t really notice because it, like rep, came along naturally as I played.
I like all the rest though, including WFs which I still run even though I don’t have to do the Arathi one.

PF2 will be something to do though that’s a bit different so that’s something.

2 Likes

Just play something else and sub back when it feels worth it to you. I’m actually back from a long break and having fun

1 Like

I felt the same last month and let my sub run out.

I found I had a real hard time giving a single damn about this expansion. When I found myself logging more into the WoW app on my phone than I was logging into the game itself, I figured it was time to go.

4 Likes