I've lost my desire to play

Same though. I’m not an altoholic, I’m primarily a progression raider. Same team since Dragon Soul. But BfA has killed my desire to continue to pursue that. It’s just not rewarding for the level of commitment, time, and effort that goes into pushing that content with a consistent group of people.

It’s basically all I’m doing right now – which means I’m only playing about 3 hours a week since progression is more or less done (we have 1 person who could still use AotC).

I’m hoping dropping that in favor of focusing on Mythic+ as my primary endgame + maybe spending some of that freed up time block (3hrs Sat / 3hrs Sun) on RP will revitalize my interest a little bit going into the next tier.

Mythic+ is SUPER efficient though. This character took like a month of semi-casual play to hit 400 ilvl, like 3 weeks of actually running relevant content. That means I’m probably going to -have- to become a bit of an altoholic to maintain a reason to run Mythic+ once the previous character is kitted out. We’ll see how that works out for me.

Maybe a handful of months off will make me want to raid again. Maybe it’ll work as intended and I get into the game in a different way. Or maybe it’ll just make me realize I don’t like the game enough outside of raiding to justify a sub and just quit.

1 Like

I’ve taken a few breaks through the years, and probably will again. I just want to get Pathfinder 2 before I unsub, because I know some day I’ll come back.

And I am very interested in Classic.

1 Like

I tried as well. I don’t mind doing trivial content like old mount runs and leveling my 30th alt… but it’s not doing anything for me.

Used to care about getting a mythic or two done, but this is legitimately the first xpac ive ever hated. (I missed wod)

The game just doesn’t feel fun unless i get a tf piece with good stats and a socket… which is harder than getting a Powerball jackpot

1 Like

Nothing to do until 8.2. It rhymes

1 Like

You haven’t done anything in the game that brings the challenge you’re seeking. You haven’t pvped and you haven’t done any raiding. A lot of these quitting posts are mostly done by lazy Alliance, to which I say good riddence.

I haven’t enjoyed raiding since WotLK. I did do some Legion raiding to help a friend fill a spot, but I hated every second of it. Yet I never completely lost my desire to play, like I have now. Because there was flying, and things to do besides tables and world quests, and every little pleasure wasn’t locked behind time gated rep grinds.

WoW has moved in a very bad direction, and I don’t see any indication that the next expansion won’t be just more of the same. I think my desire to play has been squashed by a loss of hope that it will be more player oriented and fun in the future.

What do you miss from WotLK that you don’t have now?

My advice: don’t force yourself to play. I’m not saying “quit”, I’m saying that finding the fun sometimes requires stepping back back, breaking habits that have become ruts and approaching the game from a new direction.

i won’t suggest specific activities, because I don’t know what you will or won’t enjoy. But its a big game.

1 Like

I’d also like to mention that when I get bored of wow I switch over to Albion online. It’s not everybody’s type of game but it has a big in depth crafting / class system and it’s a big change from WoW for me.

2 Likes

It has given me time to work on my four warhammer armies two of which are hordes. Please lord strike me down I can’t look at a colour wheel any longer

I dunno I’m pretty excited for 8.2. Lot of improvements and big steps towards overall improvements for the game. Benthic gear being a currency driven-no RNG style of gearing, Azerite Armor having traits automatically unlock, farming essences with very little RNG involved, mechagon having really good sandbox content, eternal palace is a gorgeous raid but no idea if it’ll be good or not yet, etc. There’s a lot to look forward to imo even though I’ve been completely dissatisfied with BfA so far.

1 Like

So play other games? You don’t have to just play WoW. You can do other stuff.

The fact that people feel the need to write or think that is pretty scary, no offense. Games are meant to be fun, if you aren’t enjoying it then why are you forcing it now. I don’t get it…

And again, no offense but the core of any MMO is usually something that is tedious to a point - WoW is an old game that isn’t showing any signs of some new out-of-the-box innovation to keep you excited 24/7. You had to have known these lulls would come eventually… both in game and to your ‘‘fun’’ for the game.

1 Like

Content lulls are a great time to finish the things you have been putting off. I’m not a huge fan of alts, just 2 classes at 120, so in the mean time I have collected about 15 armor sets across both toons, did some WoW secrets and caught up on pet battles, etc.

2 Likes

I took this time to do the rare hunting achievements myself. Just need one more in WotLK.

1 Like

Come play classic. Just chill till August, This BFA retail crap ruined the game

3 Likes

I feel you OP. This is the 1st expansion I’ve actively looked for something else to do. I still get on to check emmissary quests and world quests to see if there is something I need that might “stupid forge”. But to long on for a while and just play the game…nope!

1 Like

I’ll let everyone in on a secret: the vast majority of players do not stay continually subbed. Blizz has known this for a long time, and instead of devoting resources to keep people interested (and revenue coming in each month) they divested themselves a long while back from that model and instead changed to fit how players unsub. Meaning, they don’t care about content droughts because that’s factored into their product budget. The effect of this, of course, snowballs; they stop caring about content, which leads more people to unsub, which they take to mean diverting even fewer resources, which makes more unsub… you get the idea.

Just another example of how badly planned and managed this game is as a business product/service. Who in their right mind wouldn’t want to increase that monthly revenue? It simply isn’t worth it to them. You aren’t worth it. How does that make you feel?

2 Likes

Everything.

You could fly once you reached max level. I honestly don’t mind that they changed to Pathfinder, I just don’t like how they implemented it. It should be only one part, and you should be able to complete it at your own pace. Making us wait a full year to even get to part 2 is ridiculous, especially since they will be releasing a new no flight area at the same time. They set it up to keep us grounded as long as possible.

Everything wasn’t locked behind multiple tedious rep grinds. Yes there was the Agent Tournament that required grinding, but not for things that were as vital to most players as flying.

Wintergrasp was a blast, unlike the grindy warfronts we have now. It was real pvp against other real players, and there was a reason to want to win. There was a short raid that was only open to the faction who controlled it at the time.

I could go on, but will suffice it to say that Cataclysm ruined a lot of what I loved about WoW, and I took 3 year break when it launched. I came back at the end of Pandaria, just in time for WoD. That’s when the game changed to this new model, and started all the things that have been slowly killing my desire to play.

1 Like

I took 2 months break. I resub yesterday and feels a bit better. Now im chilling doing random stuff and preparing for 8.2

1 Like