Ive Had Enough With Sharding

in my opinion the tech needs to diaf… I absolutely HATE sharding.

2 Likes

Yes this has happen to me many times. Problem is they left the group up in LFG and someone joined with others on same realms they were in, that is why the whole raid got phased over to, persons realm. I always tell the leader to delist group after the rare/boss/quest mob etc has been pulled to avoid that.

Both are cancerous.

I’ll manage without them.

3 Likes

I don’t think you will. You use CRZ more than you know. I know you look in LFG to kill that hard wq mob? Then you use it. You look in LFG to find group for that weekly world boss?

Yes you use it but you just don’t realize it. Now don’t get me wrong, I think sharding is broke and is MAIN cause of the heavy lag and D/C’s that people are complaining about. I didn’t like CRZ when it first came out but after they worked bugs out, I could see it was needed.

I don’t care about what you think.

1 Like

That escalated. haha

Don’t you just feel the immersion?

1 Like

So, this was the case when phasing was first introduced. You’d be in combat with something, join a group, and have to drop combat in some manner before it would phase you over to the rest of the group. At some point during Legion, they removed this in association with phasing, presumably because of people whining about phasing into PvP realms and getting killed immediately. Guess when they decided to add sharding, they made it ignore the combat status as well.

Now that you cannot be phased/sharded into PvP realms, they need to turn the combat phasing back off. The number of times I’ve been suddenly sharded away from a near dead mob that I needed is absolutely infuriating.

2 Likes

They can just do what they had to do for years before this mess was forced on us. You or your friend transfers to the selected realm, problem solved. It’s convenience in all forms that’s really killing the game and CRZ/sharding is one of the symptoms.

1 Like

Paying a transfer fee? How in anyway that solves the problem? What happens if your friend quits playing? Stuck on that realm? Pay another transfer fee?
Naw I’ll pass, I like crz. Also CRZ and sharding are 2 completely different systems and 2 different ways they are used. They are not the same thing.

1 Like

What really ticks me off in Najatar is doing my daily quests by myself and seeing a gold star appear on my map. I ride over to snag it only to see a group of players engaged in combat. I rush over only to see it disappear before my eyes. I move back out of range and there it is, slowly being whittled down. I run forward again and poof, they fade away like an oasis in the desert. Makes my character feel like they are hallucinating.

Yeah, I’m with you on this. I’ve had WQ bosses phase out in the middle of fights, I’ve had players dealing damage to said bosses but them not appearing anywhere on my screen, I’ve had WQ’s that phase in and out and you can’t join it, I’ve had some WQ’s not even phase in, I’ve had Nazjatar requisition items appear right in front of me and when I go to grab them they phase out, I’ve had PvP guards phase into a PvE quest and flag me or kill me because I wasn’t expecting to be jumped.

Phasing/Sharding = :-1:

You’re in the minority judging by the comments in this thread and on the forum.

Game is legitimately broken. EVERY thread on these forums should be filled with this until it’s fixed. Unacceptable.

That and add to it that once it dies, it sticks around to be looted/clicked for quest etc.

More than once I’ve gone to loot or click the dead mobs that I’m already contesting for, only to have them disappear. One or two is frustrating AF. Five and six within a 2 minute stretch has you plotting murder. :imp:

H

Why would this be intentional?

Phasing = areas changing based on where you are in the story/quest progress.

Sharding is the egregiously bad system that has no place in an MMORPG. It’s 100% the creation of developers/engineers who don’t play the game so they think it’s great technology that solves a bunch of issues. It’s one of those things that sounds good on paper, but anyone who actually plays with it knows it’s terrible.

1 Like

The worst thing about Sharding is when you’re at a friends for dinner and the bathroom is near the living room …it gets embarrassing for sure…OH WAIT that’s not what you meant sorry

They aren’t using sharding in classic. Instead they’re using something called “layering”. I forget the difference.

Sharding, is sorta like the moment you have really bad Diarrhea and it feels good when its finally over. Then the realization sets in that you still have to wipe the rest of it off, It’s just easier to get in the shower

1 Like