Itsy Bitsy Spider

One year around halloween, I walk past the door to the garage and see this giant tarantula under a red shirt in the hallway. I calmly turned around back to the room where my mom was: “The tarantula in the hallway? Decoration or real?” It was indeed real. It had managed to drag a shirt from the rag pile in the garage into the house. The door to the garage sometimes gets opened a bit by pressure changes if you haven’t latched it quite right, so I’m pretty sure it hadn’t figured out how to work the doorknob…

4 Likes

That’s exactly what they want you to think.

1 Like

Oooh. Arkansas for me too, Little Rock.

I lived there back in around 2002 and me and my BF at the time were cycling down a hill and all of a sudden, I saw, in front of me, what appeared to be, lots and lots of tarantulas crossing the road (there were hundreds of them in the road and on both sides) I stopped so suddenly I flipped over my handlebars.

It was indeed lots and lots of tarantulas, and for me, as a British person born, raised and lived in the UK until I was 30, this sight almost sent me to the hospital both physically and mentally.

Arkansas is a horrible place (for me) with tarantulas, fire ants and velvet ants. Not a place I ever want to go back to.

My fear came about in the UK, when a small spider bit me when it was hiding in my shoe as a child, but I do also agree with the movement thing, although my fear is not as severe anymore, some of them still scare the (TL3) out of me. Before this particular spider bit me, we used to play with spiders in the small woods behind my house!

I was deathly afraid of most up until a few years ago and I joined a facebook group for critters in my State and they have taught me so much about spiders that I am not as afraid anymore, but I’ve lived in the States now for coming up on 22 years, so it took a while!

2 Likes

I live in Hot Springs Village, which isn’t too far from Little Rock. I hope to never see what you described!

2 Likes

You haven’t seen the large migrations on the roads down there? The seasonal migration of the Texas brown tarantula - usually starts in late summer (Septemberish) through fall. They are mostly males looking to find a mate.

Thankfully no.

We only moved here from SE Kansas about this time last year. I’m originally from the SE Maine area, and these woods are a bit different compared to what I grew up in.

1 Like

Ah yes . . . jumping spiders . . . I cannot say why but out of all the spiders, these ones trigger my arachnophobia the most in real life. They just move so . . . oddly . . . hope they just use the default spider rig in game, to date the only game that’s trigger my arachnophobia is Conan Exiles.

:eyes:

You’re gonna LOVE it. For reals.

:skull_and_crossbones:

I think it was the movie “Honey We Shrunk Ourselves” that got me to stop being scared of spiders. Since they keep bringing up how Daddy Long Legs don’t bother people.

That and I remember holding a tarantula in grade school. Just a chill lil fuzz ball.

Like cmon have yall seen spider feet? They have PAWS. That’s adorable

1 Like
1 Like

2 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

OP, you need to put a disclaimer up before people open this thread. Some of us have severe anxiety over game spiders.

The title says “Spider”, that’s all the disclaimer one needs.

4 Likes

Why would there need to be a disclaimer if the word “spider” is in the thread title? Seems like fair warning to me.

3 Likes

I live on the shore, so I don’t seen much of spiders. However, I am absolutely terrified of fingercreepers.

Still haven’t forgiven that guy.

1 Like

They’re probably mocking arachnophobes

Atleast the kids song is fun but the real animal they are not friendly.

The funny thing is that they both come from the same family of arthropods.

And although it is giving an initiative to phobias or motion sickness problems (in the case of train movements in Grimrail dungeon) it adds a pet for those who are not affected by the phobia so much, IT IS TOTALLY RIDICULOUS BLIZZARD.

Since Warcraft 1, spiders were added for the Warlocks summons, until in Warcraft 3 we had the Crypt fiends of undeads units.

However, the fact of causing terror and phobia to arachnids in their most natural state was only experienced twice.

In Naxxramas a Raid boss

And an Elite quest in Terrokar forest.

Then you want to see a Cryptfiend as a spider terror, it looks more like a centaur ant than a spider. :spider:

And I even remember that in DOTA the weaber was a hero in the shape of Cryptfriend or simply called the ant. :ant:

So what I want to say is that Blizzard has done the most sensible thing to make spiders less terrifying, especially if you saw, unlike Harry Potter and the Secret Chambers, and the same Arachnophobia horror movie.

and let the cutest and most tender thing come from a little spider, including reference to the animated series of Lucas the little spider, IDK… doubt, but Blizzard should think that their video game is not for Australia due to the fact of the censorship of an episode of Peppa Pig, and there is no point in making an anti-phobia option and at the same time pleasing the public with something that they censor.

not for Australia, but… Most of us WoW players are not children, and worse, many who had that phobia have overcome it.

But it is still ridiculous that we have a pet spider and at the same time a censor or an anti-spider censorship option, to make matters worse the ridiculousness the news devs and censors must be a fan of Spiderman, BUT STUPID CRINGE TOM HOLLAND.

Blizzard…!!! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?

1 Like