It's time for Void Elf paladins

Let people play out their class fantasy, I say.

Does anyone remember Hellfire Citadel from WoD?

We had to kill an aberration made of void and fel. His name was Xhul’horac (the memorable name just rolls off the tongue.)

I’d imagine a void elf warlock deals with this on the regular and it must take all of their will to simply exist.

Imagine the dichotomy of a void elf paladin!

…or, you know, they could just have the high elf tag and disable the void elf racials…

16 Likes

Gnome Paladins.

17 Likes

Xhul’horac was an example of void and fel being put in the same body. Warlocks do not eat the fel. They wield it on an external level. There is a difference. This doesn’t check out.

Void elves are still void elves. They should not get paladins, especially with an example as flimsy as the one you provided.

20 Likes

Void elf paladins please.

4 Likes

Perhaps a paladin reskin that will be named ‘‘Void Knight’’ skin (void + dark based spells). Void elves could be restricted to just using the Void knight skin while the light themed pala skin will be locked out for them.

Also, no reason as to why Void elves can’t be DHs. Perhaps NB could also be DHs.

5 Likes

Commonly any encounters with the Holy Light are guarantees in immeasurable pain and or spontaneous combustion.

2 Likes

Just do a Void knight. No light based spells, just a void elf that uses the void but the abilities will be a paladin reskin to avoid making a brand new class for velfs. Imagine how much work that would be. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Void and fel have no real issues with each other. Void and Light on the other hand do. No amount of therapy will get those two to work together.

If Blizz ever makes a melee void class or something that’d be fine, but void elves can really never be paladins even if they wanted to. The holy/disc priest specs are just for gameplay, they wouldn’t exist in lore.

The high elf options are purely for RP. As the game itself goes you’re still a void elf. There’s a limit to how far Blizz will gear the game to our personal fantasies. That’s why RP exists.

1 Like

You can call it a void knight.

Blizzard won’t.

If they give us void elf paladins, they’ll probably do it half-heartedly. THAT’S FINE! THAT is what most of us want anyway. Just open up the paladin class for void elves. Doesn’t need to be some kind of “lore explanation” or anything. Most race/class combos don’t have some special historical lore thing. It’ll be fine.

I want this done by next Tuesday.

1 Like

Forsaken can play as holy. There’s an undead night elf ret paladin in Legion. There are plenty of playable race+class/spec combos that don’t make much sense.

5 Likes

You could give Void Elves Paladins, Druids and Shamans and they’d still be unsated. The void…it hungers. :flushed:

10 Likes

You miss-spelled night elf. It’s the night elves that need paladins, esp. after Legion.

8 Likes

This is what I said about mag’har warlocks but everyone crapped on that idea.

No.

First off, having faction/race/class distinctions adds complexity, variety and flavor to the game.

Second off, it a void elf tried to wield the light, they would explode.

Oh wait, that’s your plan isn’t is? You are trying to get rid of void elves who want to play a…

Never mind, carry on.

2 Likes

This is how you people got screwed in the first place. Don’t settle for compromises anymore. In terms of AR the Horde got to eat the big cake and you should too.

3 Likes

I’m into it, it’s the only way I’d every play ally.
I know it doesn’t make much sense but I dont care, let people play what they want.

6 Likes

Let’s talk about lore :slight_smile:
Paladins are pretty faith based and rely heavily on their conviction. Their abilities are based on weighing judgment on those they presume guilty. Blood Knights and paladins of the Scarlet Onslaught are the FAR extremist side of this.

• The Sunwalkers are an order of tauren paladin, who recently learned to use the power of the sun, much as druids use the power of the moon, to wield the Light and become paladins.
  • Zandalari troll prelates are paladins who worship the loa Rezan. Some joined Zul’s campaign in Pandaria, but most stayed in Dazar’alor serving the empire. (Loa based faith)
  • The Hand of Argus is a order of draenei paladins and vindicators based in the Azuremyst Isles. (Light based faith)
  • Recently blood elves, too, began wielding paladin abilities. Yet these elves, having little in common with their counterparts, must bend the Light to their will.
  • The humans of Stormwind and the dwarves of Ironforge train their own paladins and consider themselves Knights of the Silver Hand. The human paladins spread their order to the dwarves of Ironforge.

And so on. I’m not expert on Paladin lore, but they don’t have to worship the light or even directly wield it (I think? I could be wrong) to be a paladin. These are things directly referenced from gamepedia.
Here’s that one ghost ret paladin nelf. Who does do special holy abilities.

4 Likes

The void is never satisfied.

2 Likes

I just want a void reskin for paladin.

2 Likes

It’s time for a void elf city.

3 Likes