It's time for transmog fees to go

One of the best features to Remix is no gold cost to transmogging, and going back to retail characters has made me question why this has existed for as long as it has. Other gold sinks exist, the barber shop fees got axed a while ago. Literally no reason for this to exist now that the developers are giving more transmog options via trading post and new sources like these time limited events.

86 Likes

Transmog is a mini persistent gold sink. It would need moved elsewhere or gold making somewhere would have to be cut down.

15 Likes

I agree

#freethemog

26 Likes

No.

/10char

3 Likes

Gold sinks are irrelevant with tokens being a thing. Get rid of xmog and repair fees please. Kthxbai.

40 Likes

If we dont have gold sinks what do you think would happen to the gold in wows economy

I dont know if you were around in warlords of draenor or legion but the amount of gold needed to to buy mats was stupid expensive.

Then things like the spider mount and brutosaur came around to normalize the gold economy again.

5 Likes

Gold sinks keep economies in check. There is no economy in Remix, as it’s self contained and very little gold exists. Thus, no need for transmog there to have a gold sink.

5 Likes

Tokens don’t change the amount of gold in the economy. That gold going in comes back out.

4 Likes

do it like ESO.
Charge if I change appearances…not when i get new armor.
That way if I stay with the same mogs, I dont pay

Then lower the gold rewards for all the world quests and such a bit.

8 Likes

Are you guys actually struggling to pay transmog prices after level 13? What’s the drive to remove them?

7 Likes

If transmog as a gold sink is the one thing holding the economy from crumbling, the economy has bigger issues. Your hypotheticals are funny.

7 Likes

If you’re going broke on transmogs fees, you might try doing anything in the game other than speaking to the transmog vendor.

Gold is thrown at you for everything.

I agree that free transmog is nice, but I understand the practical reasons for the cost existing.

5 Likes

I’m indifferent to this, only because as often as I change my transmog or update a transmog when I get new gear, I don’t know if I’ve every really paid attention to it or cared because it doesn’t cost that much.

I would be ok if they removed it, I’m fine if they keep it. /shrug

1 Like

Yea i want slot mog

1 Like

No one said this. It’s one of many mini persistent ones.

Explain how paying a fee to wear items that you have to collect to use makes more sense than not paying a barber to change your appearance.

3 Likes

Transmog is one of multiple small gold sinks in the game, they’re all important

Again, are you actually struggling to pay the transmog prices, or are you just complaining to complain?

2 Likes

TIL complaining is when I suggest a QoL change.

4 Likes

So you’re doing the latter, got it

1 Like

Personally Id rather see an increase to repair cost and do what I said above with mogs.