It's that time of year againg

Halloween movies, kicking off the season with Gremlins and ending the season with It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.

I love the month of October!

7 Likes

Does make me a bit nostalgic for when I’d stream movies for friends on Halloween like Rocky Horror Picture Show. I didn’t know all the things to yell back during a RHPS screening but I remembered at least half the movies lol. Can’t really do that now because of how livestreaming on the internet is now and for some reason my brain and mouth started going at different processing speeds so I get tongue tied more as I’m older.

Anyway my movie recs are
Pumpkinhead, Repo the Genetic Opera, the 80s sequel to Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the remake of Friday the 13th, Near Dark. Maybe a bit of Van Helsing with Hugh Jackman because I just love that movie.

2 Likes

Isn’t Gremlins a xmas movie?

5 Likes

Aww yuss! I am working super hard to finish a few work related things, so that I can have a beautiful halloween weekend. This year I will watch lots of old nickelodeon halloween theme shows. And maybe regular show episodes. Soon, the pumpkinheads will protect me from Jack as well. October, november, december it is certainly the best time of the year.

1 Like

Well, it is on both my lists. :grinning:

1 Like

I watched terrifier because i’ve seen alot about terrifier 3 and i didn’t even know they existed. I was kinda disappointed. but people are saying 2 and 3 actually have a story line so i’m tempted to slog through 2 sometime soon.

3 Likes

Im gonna watch the Penguin this week

1 Like

Its like Die Hard being a Christmas movie. Or Nightmare Before Christmas. Or just a whole bunch of movies that cross over to holidays

what about killer klownz from outerspace?

3 Likes

Haven’t watched the third one yet, but I have the first two and they were okay.

Those movies are fun if you just wanna see people having fun creating practical gore effects with dark humor. If that ain’t your vibe then theres oodles of options

Also good. I was just going for my big personal favs.

I would have included Aliens or the Predator movies buuuuut those are a teensy bit more actioney than horror.

Cant forget Maximum Overdrive.

Killer trucks are cool.

2 Likes

That’s the one where a soda machine kills a dude with cans right? lol

gremlins is also good the first one the second one is like leprechaun 2 and onward

1 Like

Best part of Gremlins 2, the TV show with the smart Gremlin.

Oh I love both Gremlins movies. 2 was great. I remember watching that and then the first Critters movie. It was a trade off with me and a friend when we rented movies for a sleep over. Gremlins 2 being my pick and my friend going with Critters. We agreed to watch both so it’d be fair

1 Like

I still wish the spider gremlin got more screentime.

the female gremlin and the female klowns when i am much older left me with this lol
that fry meme when he meets the Amazonians again lol

they’re pretty unremarkable slasher films that somehow went full meme status with the 2nd movie. i guess there’s been a dearth of slasher horror in the last decade that needed to be addressed or something.

2 and 3 do have a plot, but i wouldn’t say it’s exactly a point in their favor considering that the plot is pretty stupid.