It's Our Fault

I’m absolutely willing to work with the system in place and grind out the currency to buy the r3 essences, even though they should have just flicked a switch and made them available for the entire account. What I don’t understand is the horrendously terrible system of having to log into your completely arbitrary “main” character in order to “flag the system so you can register your account for the currency”? When has a WoW currency ever worked this way? I don’t think ever.

On top of this disaster of terrible coding and lack of foresight to just simply put a bulletin up on the Blizzard Launcher BEFORE THE UPDATE IS LIVE, they expect us to psychically know we should check twitter or a forum post first? Nobody saw that coming and we shouldn’t have to. They can shove ugly fat pig store mounts down our throats but when it comes to something so pivotal and key as how to acquire the highly anticipated currency we are all looking forward to getting on our ALTS that we needed to log into our “main character” (who decided they were our main character anyway?) and loot the cache first? The first thing I saw about having to do this was after I looted my weekly cache and realized there was no currency. When I am excited for an ALT I log onto that character first in order to get loot for it. Not the arbitrary character that Blizzard decided was my “main” that I play once a week.

To add insult to injury, they (like always) double down on their mistake and tell us they will not provide us with the missing currency because we didn’t have a crystal ball to look into the future and see the twitter/forum post that said log onto your character with the most rank 3 essences. Absolutely mind blowing but not surprising at all.

30 Likes

Wait, you have to log into the best character first, it’s not just like, scan for highest and go?

1 Like

No, and you wont get echos on the first character you log into, you have to log into a second character that has different rank 3s or you wont get any.

4 Likes

Yep. Just another nail in the coffin tbh. Stuff like this leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Many of us don’t have time to read wowhead etc. and just want to play the game. I only found out about the new currency when a guildie mentioned they got some in their chest. Another guildie didn’t get any either, guess they weren’t up to speed on how this new fandangled system works either.

4 Likes

Well… I thought it would just globally unlock it for alts.

Seems silly.

2 Likes

shouldnt have to prowl third party forums for critical information about how a significant gameplay change works, its honestly ridiculous.

18 Likes

yes, otherwise your alts won’t get essences lol

it is 100% silly, and blizzard made no mention of this. And theyre saying they wont give people the echos they earned because its our fault for not being clairvoyant and just knowing that this is how it works.

8 Likes

Strange the way it works, agreed. If we have to log on a character with 3’s first, this should be incredibly clear. Though it should just not be a thing.

Though you missed out on 1 rank 3 for now, not the end of the world imo. Other means to get the resources! This was the reward of a single run (via your chest) anyway.

They really need to stop adding all this funkiness to everything.

K.i.s.s. works everytime.

2 Likes

I only needed 1 rank 3 on my main that an alt had.

in my case, based off of what my alts got, i missed out on 500 echos just about. I could have an essential rank 3 essence right now on my main character, but I dont, because blizzard decided that i shouldnt get them.

1 Like

Ya, definitely sucks. You were supposed to be done today!! All I can say is you’ll be done very soon…though I hear ya, and nothing justifies Blizzard’s strange/unclear way of setting this up.

A bit strange and unclear system but I’m grateful for y’all so that I can do it without losing out.

1 Like

I’m surprised they didn’t put this out and make it abundantly clear to everyone.

With that said, only my main has any rank 3 essence, as it seemed like too much work to me to acquire any essences on an alt that weren’t just freebies.

So all if my alts have 3-4 rank 1 essences.

Easy fix for all this trouble is to just give everyone 500 of the currency as a start-up bonus to the system. There are a lot of essences to get, no reason not to give us a freebie. We already earned it after all.

3 Likes

I mean…it’s called a main for a reason. Were you not planning on logging onto it?

How about those of us that switched mains after naz, logged onto our mains to get the new currency but didn’t log onto our ex mains first?..

2 Likes

Agreed.

“Here’s 500 so you can see how our new system works.”

Should be mailed to every character.

4 Likes

I feel like the OP made this abundantly clear when they mentioned

2 Likes