It's okay to not cater to "casuals"

By casual I mean the dramatized version of casual this forum likes to pretend exists. The person who doesn’t even leave heroic dungeons. The person who prefers to fish or collect battle pets.

Those people are very VERY few and far between, and they add nothing to the game other than scenery for our open world. They might as well be NPCs in the greater picture.

They have all the content they should need, though it boggles my mind why someone like that would even play WoW. Wasting resources on making that hyper casual playstyle would only take away from people who actually play WoW for what WoW really wants to offer.

Flame me all you like. This game doesn’t need to be the #1 MMO in the world if it means catering to an irrelevant audience.

37 Likes

While I don’t fall into that category, why not cater a little bit to everyone?

109 Likes

Because not every game needs to be for everyone.

13 Likes

I like how this guy demonizes casual players by dehumanizing them, then you go on his profile and hes pretty casual himself.

WoW seriously has the worst slugs for salt cases i have ever seen.

I swear ever since that one “it will cost you a raid tier!” joke, this community has be rocked to its core and people honest to God think adding a new pet means fewer content as if the entirety of blizzard is a small office run by five people…

137 Likes

That is a long winded way to say “I’m better then you, nyah”

38 Likes

If an irrelevant audience were to exist, then the closest thing to that would be the world’s first guilds that blizzard intentionally designs raid mechanics around. This is less than 1% of the player base being catered to and these decisions effect the 99.999% of us who don’t play this game like our life depends on it. In what world does that make sense.

Not every game needs to be for everyone is true in some regard, but the social magic of MMO’s died over a decade ago. If this game wants to survive then it should prioritize the average joe player instead of extremely elite players.

104 Likes

Woah woah woah

Heroic dungeons?

As in dungeons with other humans?

On HEROIC? Only for the bravest, and most sweaty amongst us?

Please, be gone elitist!

26 Likes

Cause they don’t understand without more players the game dies. All they see is trimming the fat when in reality, they’re sawing a tendon.

58 Likes

Unless you’re doing world first mythic raiding those decisions really don’t effect the rest of us. The raids invariably get merged after the race and those additional mechanics don’t make their way into the lower difficulties.

OP definitely didn’t go far enough. We’ve got people who think that casuals don’t queue for anything and that there’s a “non-interrupter” community.

1 Like

An you have a report or facts that say it a few or are you pull the numbers out your butt.

3 Likes

I’m sorry… what?

Let’s face it. It’s time casuals get good.

3 Likes

I get what you mean but just look at SOFO for example. The raid is vastly different for those who did it in the beginning of the patch compared to those who complete it now. Tbh raiding in general is kind of outmoded and not friendly to casuals. The amount of time you spend not killing bosses is astounding.

9 Likes

These people pay the same subscription fee as everyone else and deserve to have content that they enjoy. Since Blizzard refuses to add new battle pet content, professions, or even player housing, it’s okay for casuals to seek a version of raising/dungeons that they feel comfortable with.

41 Likes

I think we have different definitions of casuals. I don’t think an hour and a half or two hours two nights a week is unfriendly to being “casual.” But maybe you do! The term is so pointless because it basically means something different to everybody.

I’ve never once seen a Vulpera rogue make a coherent point

2 Likes

I mean, I don’t know if I agree. There’s a point where, if you’re paying a sub and the content really doesn’t have anything for you, maybe you should just play a different game instead?

3 Likes

There needs to be some delineation between casuals and solo players

I’m down with casuals

Solo player though? GITOUT MY GAEM STOP hAVING FUN!

No. Just because you pay a subscription fee does not mean you get to control the direction of development. You are buying a product. If you aren’t satisfied with the product, stop purchasing it.

4 Likes

I think this is a fair point to make, but that’s why people advocate for content that they’d like to see. They are hoping it becomes implemented so they can enjoy it.

4 Likes