Its not that people made a bad choice of a pvp server

Stop playing dumb. You know what OP wants. It is exactly what you would be asking for if you weren’t on the easy-mode pvp end of the equation.

P.S. Why are Horde players advocating that their opponents re-roll PvE. Are you so bored with PvP now that you’d rather not have anyone left to kill?

16 Likes

And the PVE will come to an end when AQ cannot be opened because the opposing faction doesn’t have enough players to finish the war effort. They will have 1000 scepter holders and no use for them.

Unless the horde players decide to make second alliance accounts and get the mats to the other side via the neutral auction house.

1 Like

We are suggesting PvE because that is exactly what she is describing to want.

The ability to kill and be killed - but be safe farming shards out in the open world.

Faction imbalance will never make you safe farming shards. She literally said “just don’t kill me while I’m farming shards.”

It is VERY reasonable to suggest a PvE server for the gameplay she is stating she desired.

1 Like

You guys are purposefully misconstruing what the op is saying. If you want to disagree with him fine but at least disagree with the argument he is making not some distorted one you make for him.

People can like PvP servers without enjoying the absolute camp fest that phase 2 turned out to be ( though it was quite obvious this was going to happen months ago).

While I agree with the op that phase 2 is broken I don’t see how Blizzard could possibly fix it without making changes to the game which I think many people do not want.

19 Likes

They would rather know that they exterminated the other faction instead of trying to maintain a healthy-ish server.

Come on. You know perfectly well that it’s not, just as I know perfectly well that your reading comprehension ability is better than that.

Doesn’t prove much. If the imbalance is as lopsided as it appears (and no-one seems to be bothering to deny it), even I would look like some kind of a PvP monster under those conditions (hint: I’m not).

3 Likes

hides in stealth, only attacking people with low health, mob aggro or when several faction members can help out

Cool story, bro :smiley:

1 Like

Private servers figured it out years ago and it was faction locked character creation.

If the server got to be to unbalanced, you simply COULD NOT create new characters on the majority faction.

Worked FINE.

This is hypothetical because, you know, #nochanges and all that. But if the game withheld honor from participants of battles that were overwhelmingly lopsided, and even awarded honor to players to battled on against overwhelming odds, the problem would solve itself real fast.

2 Likes

And yet virtually every PvP server is so ridiculously one sided in the Horde’s favour. That’s the issue.

My one consolation is that queues for me when BGs hit will be short, and ranking will be easier. The problem is I can’t even play right now. 1-2 hour queues, and then being killed repeatedly whenever I try and do anything.

I’ve decided to level a Horde alt in the meantime. It’ll be nice to virtually never have to worry about contested zones until well into my 30s - the only ones that I’ll be in will be so close to Horde town (and are always Horde controlled) I’ll have no problem.

Blizzard Defence Squad out in force. I agree that OP should have anticipated this (I rolled PvE because I didn’t want to take the risk of exactly this happening), but why are players so insistent on defending and justifying something that isn’t fun just because it strictly isn’t inconsistent with Vanilla? Maybe balanced PvP servers are a pipe dream, but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be a dream nonetheless.

I swear, these are the same type of people who justify Blizzard’s gross mishandling of Classic’s launch because “you should have known this would happen.” As if that makes it okay for a company to mistreat its consumers and make bad decisions.

4 Likes

But they aren’t. They’re not a pipe dream.

Literally every single pvp game ever made enforces team number balances.

Except pvp wow.

This is literally the only pvp game EVER that has NOT done this.

Why defend that choice?

2 Likes

The irony is it’s not. At no point was it ever so globally one sided like this, nor was it this bad. Servers with three times the player cap and everyone being much higher than the average used to be means it’s much more of a bloodbath.

And the Horde has a huge population advantage, even larger than vanilla’s discrepancy was for the Alliance.

A minute amount of people knew this would happen and signed up for it. I thought it’d be bad, but no this bad. I’m actually just not able to play. I spend my whole night queuing and trying to get to any dungeon.

2 Likes

No changes.

Except vastly multiplying the server population but not anything else, amirite?

4 Likes

“I benefit from this, so no changes”.

5 Likes

And you didn’t transferred to a server that doesn’t have a queue because…?

1 Like

Why in the world should I have to abandon every single one of my friends? I didn’t mind the queue. I mind the fact I cannot play even when I log into the game.

You really are willfully ignorant.

5 Likes

Paid server transfers won’t accomplish anything as long as you insist upon playing on a PVP server. Apparently you are completely unaware of the history of PVP servers in WOW. One faction or the other always congregate on PVP servers. In the history of the game there have only been a few instances of evenly balanced PVP servers and that wasn’t because Blizzard tried to balance them. Further, even assuming you find a truly balanced PVP server, what makes you think players are going to constantly rush to each other to help in PVP fights. If you don’t want to deal with the rough and tumble of playing on a PVP server go play on a PVE server or just quit.

1 Like

Then why would you Include in your posting a complaint about the queue if you “don’t mind the queue?”